View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 34 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    You did notice that you can tap the feed name to get a small drop-down menu there? Slightly easier than going to the impossible-to-hit application menu.
    Of course I noticed that! What? Do you think I just come in here and post questions without trying things out? What kinda lazy, good-for-nuthin..

errr, well uhhhh, actually, no, I totally missed that.

That's actually quite perfect. Thanks for the tip!
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Can't wait to try the new version. I'm also glad you changed the name. Another thing to think about is the fact that the Pre is only the first WebOS device, and your application will presumably work on them all.

Which, as a side note, is a good reason this website should be named weboscentral, not precentral.
    Thanks for the suggestions. Honestly, renaming was a bit of a pain. PrePod was referenced in quite a few places (just on PreCentral as well as throughout the program). Additionally, I really liked the name. I'd rather not go through the name picking process again. Plus, I was just getting used to saying drPodder.
    I liked PrePod better. PodDoc?? ii
    I am just kidding, name it anything you want man, it is your app.
    I just appreciate you writing it in the first place. ii

I will be honest I have only briefly used this app. One request I already have though is can we have tabs or folders to put them in? I think once I start adding a bunch it is going to be one HUGE list ii

I know the actual Podcasts are in a folder. I mean one more level up that we can make say tech, music etc...
    Last edited by Paladin; 08/24/2009 at 03:37 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    errr, well uhhhh, actually, no, I totally missed that.
    I don't know how you missed it. It's right there in the documentation. See?

If I ever get drPodder to a stable point and run out of features to add (ha!) then who knows, I might start working on another drXyz application. That was part of the motivation for "branding" this with the doctor prefix.
    Looking forward to your next app. How about drAudioBooks ... I'd love to have a media player capable of playing audible audio books. That's the only feature from my previous devices that I'm missing.
    Quick Question..

When We add a feed are the feeds saved on our Pre, when we play a feed is it 1st downloaded or are we playing them remotly from the feed source?

Basically how are the feeds stored if we chose Not to "download them" I am assuming they are playing remotly from feed Source correct?

I don't want extra space being used on my Pre of all these feeds I am adding.

Great App in my quick launcher!

Also whne I go to Delete a feed already played I swipe right click delete, and I still see it there! How do I remove feeds I have already played?
    I was thinking that it would be nice if there was an additional option to view all podcasts on grid view. Meaning all icons in a matrix without the full descriptions.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    You are the MAN! I can't believe I actually went almost five days without using my iPod!! It's easier to listen to podcasts on my Pre since I don't have to use the computer!

And that search that you added...I was up until 2 am just looking up stuff! Who knew there were free audiobooks available as podcasts??? I didn't even listen to my regular podcasts over the weekend...I was too busy sampling new ones!

If the Pre gets some kind of video/TV out capability, I might actually considering forgoing my anticipated iPod Touch purchase!

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Quick Question..

How to Delete a feed already played I swipe right click delete, and I still see it there! How do I remove feeds I have already played?
    Anyone?
    The feed is deleted the name stays. Remember, that it (drpodder) goes out and gets the RSS feed list everything you do an update.

So it gets the name of that particular episode, but if you notice it's grayed out.

And a nice thing is that you have the opportunity to download the file if you make a mistake or want to listen to it again for some reason.

Rob

Maybe someone else can better describe what I said in trying to answer this guys question?
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    The feed is deleted the name stays. Remember, that it (drpodder) goes out and gets the RSS feed list everything you do an update.

So it gets the name of that particular episode, but if you notice it's grayed out.

And a nice thing is that you have the opportunity to download the file if you make a mistake or want to listen to it again for some reason.

Rob

Maybe someone else can better describe what I said in trying to answer this guys question?
    Ok thank you next question. are these feeds Stored on the Pre or just played remotly Unless we Download? i dont want these feeds taking up memeory on my pre.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quick Question..

When We add a feed are the feeds saved on our Pre, when we play a feed is it 1st downloaded or are we playing them remotly from the feed source?

Basically how are the feeds stored if we chose Not to "download them" I am assuming they are playing remotly from feed Source correct?

I don't want extra space being used on my Pre of all these feeds I am adding.

Great App in my quick launcher!

Also whne I go to Delete a feed already played I swipe right click delete, and I still see it there! How do I remove feeds I have already played?
    Yes, if you don't download it is just streaming the data from the source. However, if you download you can set it to auto delete after listen. That way it still won't fill up your Pre
    Thank You for the answers!

So when I right swipe to delete the feed I have already listened to at what point do those Shaded/grayed out feeds Not show up anymore?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    So when I right swipe to delete the feed I have already listened to at what point do those Shaded/grayed out feeds Not show up anymore?
    They continue to show up down there forever. Other than taking up a little bit more memory, this shouldn't be a problem, right? I guess one way it would be a problem is if you were starting at the top and listening down through the episodes, then it would kinda be a pain to scroll down to the last one you were listening to.

Just wondering why you are wanting them to go away. You're not the only one who has said that, but I haven't heard a good argument for purging them out yet.
    They continue to show up down there forever. Other than taking up a little bit more memory,.
    Taking up memory? so it is taking up memory on the pre? If I have listened to a podcast complete and manually want to delete it I would like ti to be deleted completely from the list of feeds mostly to save memory space & to clean up the feed list.
    Taking up memory? so it is taking up memory on the pre? If I have listened to a podcast complete and manually want to delete it I would like ti to be deleted completely from the list of feeds mostly to save memory space & to clean up the feed list.
    All that's left is a link to it in a text file, maybe 50kb at most. How is that a big deal? The Pre has 8GB storage, aka, 8,388,608kb.
    That is so little room on the Pre.

And it really can't be done, when the program goes out to the website to get the list, the list is the list. It's what being provided by the website.

There is no way to hide that stuff or really delete it. It's the list from RSS website otherwise the program can't do it's thing.

If you actually manually go to the website that is offering a feed, look at the list, it's all the episodes it offers. You can even check iTunes, the list is there as well.

The amount of memory space is so small it's not even worth mentioning.

And that list will shrink over time, because when the website no longer offers those episodes they will be removed from the Pre as well, when it does it's update.

And remember, what if you delete something by mistake, how are you going to be able to download it again.

I want to correct something, files are not stream, streaming usually means live. In this case it's really downloading the file but allow you to play it before it has finished downloading. And if you download video podcasts you usually (this is what I'm finding in my case) you actually have to let it completely download an episode in order to play the video for some reason. But of course, it deletes it when your down unless you change that in the options.

I recommend, looking at all the options in the preferences area, and also setup a feed yourself to see all the things. Also when adding a new feed, remember to tap the 'update' button at the bottom otherwise the information is not saved and or updated.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Just wondering why you are wanting them to go away. You're not the only one who has said that, but I haven't heard a good argument for purging them out yet.
    I'd like for the list to get trimmed, but for pretty unique reasons. I've cobbled together a recording system (don't ask) that generates 26 mp3s a day. I use drPodder to get them on to my Pre, so my greyed out list is fast approaching a few hundred since I installed it two weeks ago.

The greyed out entries do not map to files on the device. Even if I wanted to play them I wouldn't be able to because all copies are deleted. That, to me, feels like clutter.

Think of it this way: Look at how many people get frustrated that they can't delete the Nascar/NFL apps from their Pre. It's not so much about the space it's taking, it's just wasting real estate on the screen.
    http://cioffi.cachefly.net/ACP-ITUNES.jpg is the image I see for the Adam Carolla Podcast. I've opened it in IE and Google Chrome, and neither browser can view it (it shows up as a broken image). Firefox can display it. Also, if you download it, windows can display it. However, since WebOS is based on WebKit (as is Google Chrome, I believe), I'm guessing that WebOS can't display it. I'm not sure what to suggest on this, I'm not much of an image guru either.

Thanxs drnull, it looks like that image was squeezed to keep constraints, but i'll try it. Btw, i'm using a Mac (thought Gimp would give that away). it opens fine in Safari too.
    No dice on the image drnull. Looking at the properties it seems the same, except for a slight increase in filesize. What i also gleaned from the net was that an 8-bit image is 8 bits per pixel, 256 colors. Can't see how this is the case since these are both RGB not indexed.

Oh well, not going to let this stop me for enjoying the app. Thanks for your help and keep up the good work.
    Attached Images Attached Images