View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 32 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Just wondering what the podcast was? I've seen this reported before, specificially with Bloomberg On the Economy
    Here's more info about it Null, for whatever its worth...

While using Prepod, If I click on the feed itself, it will only play 20 secs of it. However, if I download it first by clicking on the green button at the right of each feed, it wil download it in its entirety, and will play the entire feed for most cases...

The whole 20 second thing happens all across he Pre everytime I stream, Im quite aware it is not a Prepod bug, just thought Id vent it here in case someone know how to fix it...

Thanx again for a great app!
    Alex
    Thanks for prepod! I'm having a problem where my prefrences aren't saved. Any ideas? I've tried reinstalling and rebooting. I change settings, turning auto-update off, close the card, reopen and it goes back to the default. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjonez View Post
    Thanks for prepod! I'm having a problem where my prefrences aren't saved. Any ideas? I've tried reinstalling and rebooting. I change settings, turning auto-update off, close the card, reopen and it goes back to the default. Any ideas?
    Sure enough, that is true. I put the preferences saving code into the Feed List. Just back swipe to get back out to the Feed List before throwing the card away.

Nice catch. I'll move that code into the preferences page so whenever you leave (either by swiping back or by throwing away the card) it gets saved.
    I have about 10 NPR podcasts. I've repeatedly run into the problem where right after adding a feed it fetches the recent episodes. After that, when it automatically checks or I manually check it indicates there are no new episodes when I know there are. If I delete the feed and re-add it then it refreshes properly once. I'm not sure if this is related to the way the NPR feeds are formatted.
    First, let me start out by saying this is a great app.

I must confess I haven't read through all 32 pages of comments -- though I did do a keyword search -- so I don't know if anyone has asked for this or if I'm just to dim to figure it out myself:

Is there anyway to remove the default feeds that PrePod comes loaded with?

If not, I would request that this feature be added to a future release.

Second feature request: Either be able to remove undownloaded episodes from the podcast's list or a toggle that only shows downloaded feeds. Sometimes I only want to d/l specific episodes and once I've selected the ones I want, I'd prefer not to have to scroll through the ones I'm not interested in when I'm looking for the ones I want to play.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoystory View Post
    First, let me start out by saying this is a great app.

I must confess I haven't read through all 32 pages of comments -- though I did do a keyword search -- so I don't know if anyone has asked for this or if I'm just to dim to figure it out myself:

Is there anyway to remove the default feeds that PrePod comes loaded with?

If not, I would request that this feature be added to a future release.

Second feature request: Either be able to remove undownloaded episodes from the podcast's list or a toggle that only shows downloaded feeds. Sometimes I only want to d/l specific episodes and once I've selected the ones I want, I'd prefer not to have to scroll through the ones I'm not interested in when I'm looking for the ones I want to play.

Thanks!
    You can get rid of the default feeds really fast. Just slide to delete.

Also, the undownloaded episodes always show in the list because it is just displaying the feed information. This is coming from the publisher of the podcast. At least visually it helps to mark the ones you don't want as old, then they are light gray.
    Thanks for the answer. Now I see what I was doing wrong. I was waiting until the feed was "selected" then trying to toss it. I just needed to slide my finger right to left across the feed to delete it. No waiting for the feed to "detach" from the list.

My technical mojo must've been on the fritz.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfelectron View Post
    I have about 10 NPR podcasts. I've repeatedly run into the problem where right after adding a feed it fetches the recent episodes. After that, when it automatically checks or I manually check it indicates there are no new episodes when I know there are. If I delete the feed and re-add it then it refreshes properly once. I'm not sure if this is related to the way the NPR feeds are formatted.
    My guess is that this is related to the problem of updating the feed url. I have changed the way that this works, to where I don't update the feed address on redirection, I just follow the redirection links each time you update. The next version should be out tomorrow, maybe you can try these feeds again and see if they're better. If not, if you post the url's that you are using, I can try to track down the problem.
    How do you install feeds to prepod? I'm sure the answer is somewhere in the 32 pages of posts, but I'm anxious in trying this out and didn't feel like reading thru ALL the pages. Thanks in advance for any help given.
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
    The new update makes it too easy for words. There's an + button on bottom of screen, when you click it, it gives you a choice of searching are pasting the url. If what you are looking for is in available at Digital Podcast, the search will finf your show. If not, paste the url.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Has anyone had luck adding the happy tree friends podcast?

Happy Tree Friends » TV Episodes

Seems to go to their website where the player starts up.. But the feed is available in itunes, so it's gotta be available as an rss, right?

-mark
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    <sigh> PrePod is not happy on my pre right now

I added some new video feeds and started downloading one manually.. The download didn't seem to be starting (it was a g4tv download), so I tried to stop it and eventually through the prepod card away

Upon restarting it, it was stuck on loading feeds... gave it ~2 minutes, threw the card away and tried again; same thing. I rebooted the pre, same thing

is there a way to clear out the prepod database?

edit - i'm assuming zapping this directory will recreate it?
    :/media/internal/.app-storage/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.drnull.prepod_0

edit2 - yes it did, although of course I lost all the currently downloaded feeds (even though they're still sitting in /media/internal/prepod) and had to reimport the oplm file which didn't have any of the feeds I added today in it oh well..
    -m
    Last edited by diomark; 08/23/2009 at 03:24 PM.
    Just wondering what the podcast was? I've seen this reported before, specificially with Bloomberg On the Economy

Do you have automatic updates/downloads turned on in Preferences? That's the only way that PrePod stays open (and it doesn't stay open even in that instance, it just runs the update process at the specified interval, then goes to dashboard mode if there are notifications that you need to know about, otherwise it shuts down)
    I do. I will be sure to change that, thanks!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    v0.4.3 released
    • As usual, you can simply install the new version over the old version.
    • PrePod is now drPodder. As billybennett pointed out in post #5, Pre* isn't a good name choice, for the reason he gave, as well as: App Names and Trademarks and Copyrights - webOSdev - Palm
      The name will still show up as PrePod in the Launcher and the Application Menu until a reboot.
    • Feed title and prev/next buttons added to Episode List screen (not on Episode Details screen yet, still trying to figure out how that should look)
    • Play from Oldest/Newest - tap the feed title in the Episode List (or go the the Application Menu) to see this option. Great for short podcasts, it will start at one end of the Episode List and play through to the other end automatically.
    • You can now refresh from the Episode List. This will not kick off automatic downloads, but you are on the Episode List screen, so you can easily tap "download" if you see something you want.
    • I've added all filtering options from DigitalPodcast into the search. The default is still "no filtering"
    • "Listened" and "Unlistened" terminology has been changed to "Old" and "New"
    • A stored bookmark will be cleared when you swipe away Episodes now (in addition to deleting and marking as Old)
    • Text size reduced in Episode List
    • Added splash screen with loading status indication
    • Feed URL's won't be changed on redirection. This fixes the problem remmysmom was having were a public wifi spot redirected all the feeds to a login page.
    • +/- 60 skip has a slightly different icon now.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    <sigh> PrePod is not happy on my pre right now

is there a way to clear out the prepod database?

edit - i'm assuming zapping this directory will recreate it?
    :/media/internal/.app-storage/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.drnull.prepod_0

edit2 - yes it did, although of course I lost all the currently downloaded feeds (even though they're still sitting in /media/internal/prepod) and had to reimport the oplm file which didn't have any of the feeds I added today in it.
    I hate that you had to do that... do you still have the .db file from that directory laying around that I could do some forensics on?

Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Has anyone had luck adding the happy tree friends podcast?

Happy Tree Friends TV Episodes

Seems to go to their website where the player starts up.. But the feed is available in itunes, so it's gotta be available as an rss, right?
    Maybe this one? Happy Tree Friends
    Sorry, don't have time to check it out right now, I'll check it later this evening if you don't beat me to it.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I figured you might ask for it, so I saved a copy of the corrupted db file just in case you wanted it. attached here

I hate that you had to do that... do you still have the .db file from that directory laying around that I could do some forensics on?
    cheers,
    -mark
    btw - this was under .41
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Great update!
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Just noticed something. Episode title replacements don't reflect in the feed screen..
    i.e. one of my feeds is The Daily Feed - and I have it set to replace 'The Daily Feed' with nothing. This looks correct in the episode screen, but in the feed screen, it shows TITLE (The Daily Feed) and in smaller text under it "The Daily Feed With Alison H.." (i.e. not replacing it..)

-mark
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I just added a new thread for sharing podcast feeds (the drPodder.xml file..)

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...30#post1841930

Share yours!
    -mark
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Pardon my ignorance. I love podcasts and have always downloaded them via itunes and then side loaded them or synced them to the pre. Does this app allow you to search for and download podcasts directly to the pre? That would be awesome.