View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 28 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    I'm not sure, actually. My first impression would be that it's the "1-5 Stars" selection that you can make to the right of the PrePod Feed List on http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/prepod maybe? I remember seeing something about their being a panel of judges as well, though.

I'll try to get that in for next release (hopefully will be soon if I can figure out why people keep losing feeds...) Looks like digital podcast has settings for that, conveniently. Digital Podcast Search Service

Oops, just noticed in the DigitalPodcast terms of use that I need to put "powered by Digital Podcast" on that page as well. Next version will fulfill that requirement.
    Thanks!

Along with hiding the adult feeds from search request...what about the possibility to hide in your main list if you've added the feed? That way if my wife picks up my Pre and opens PrePod she wouldn't see some of these feeds that "my friends" downloaded when they were looking at my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    I've noticed some "interesting" video podcasts. Anyway we can get a feature request for an "adult pin" to hide some feeds?
    r u saying hide them from the search results, or r u saying hide it in the feed list once subscribed?

Nevermind. answered in your other post... for that, I'd say just change the feed name to something boring and disable the art. If the episode names are an issue, use the replacement feature.
    Last edited by muppet_funk; 08/17/2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: missed the later post
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    I'm having problems w/ avrcp controls. Pausing a podcast using my bluetooth headset seems to be hit or miss.. Sometimes it works right away, othertimes it requires two clicks, other times it's completely ignored... Anyone else noticing this?
    For me, pause always seems to work, but resume is hit or miss once it is paused. That's w/ a Plantronics 855. Noticed it in the built-in music player too though.
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    For me, pause always seems to work, but resume is hit or miss once it is paused. That's w/ a Plantronics 855. Noticed it in the built-in music player too though.
    I've had the same issue with a wired headset on the built-in music player too. It seems like if the screen goes off, the resume button stops working.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    That's a great point. Chances are, if it messes up in the built-in music player, then the communication between the Pre and the BT headset is spotty, and there's little I can do about it.

I have seen it take a few seconds to respond, but it typically responds, in my experience. If you happen to hit it again while it was in a non-responsive state, you'd toggle it back to the previous state again. Maybe.

The code to handle BT device "keypress" events is painfully simple, so I really don't see how I could be doing something wrong there. Not saying it's impossible, just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    This is one of the feeds I was mentioning in the first post. There is a bug in WebOS's handling of 8-bit graphics that I cannot do anything about.

Specificially, when you plug in your Pre and choose USB Drive, you should navigate to E:\PrePod\.albumArt (where E is the drive that your Pre is mounted as). In there, you should see "Travel with Rick Steves.GIF". You should right click and select Edit. Once it opens in MS Paint, choose File->save as, and select JPG.

Safely remove hardware (icon in the system tray in windows) to "eject" the pre. Unplug the pre. Launch PrePod, edit the Travel with Rick Steves feed. Change the icon (the 3rd text box) so that the last 3 letters are JPG (instead of GIF).

*shew* should be good now.
    Thanks
    Also There is a nice link that changes png or any file to jpeg or any format

Online Image converter
    1. Best-app-ever.

2. Doesn't handle podshifter URLs too gracefully. FYI, check out PodShifter - Your podcasts; shifted faster. .

The way the site works:

1. You enter your podcast url and select how much you want them to speed up your podcast
    2. It gives you back a url to your podcast via podshifter.
    3. When you request the podcast via podshifter for the first time that day (or hour or whatever), it will add the "speeding up" process to its queue. Since that's not always instantaneous, you may receive a 403 error the first time querying.
    4. Query again and again, sometimes up to 30 mins.
    5. Eventually, you'll receive a perfectly good, regular, normal, 1.? times as fast version of your podcast via that URL.

Works seamlessly in itunes...

On prepod, I get a nasty error the first time, rather than a simple 403. You may want to consider putting a special case for podshifter, if for no reason other than it's the coolest service ever for people who listen to lotsa podcasts. Listenin to TWIT at 1.2x the speed sounds almost identical, yet cuts down on almost 20% of the time it takes to listen
    I am having the "Loading Feeds" loop problem and I have already updated to PrePod v0.4.1. I think I had v0.3.6 previously but I am not positive. I read through the forums and saw your post about deleting F:\.app-storage but I am also not able to access this file when I connect via USB drive. I am using Windows Vista 64 bit if this helps. Any suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated!

scaryfencer

EDIT: Please see two posts below for resolution
    Last edited by scaryfencer; 08/19/2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: PROBLEM RESOLVED
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scaryfencer View Post
    I am having the "Loading Feeds" loop problem and I have already updated to PrePod v0.4.1. I think I had v0.3.6 previously but I am not positive. I read through the forums and saw your post about deleting F:\.app-storage but I am also not able to access this file when I connect via USB drive. I am using Windows Vista 64 bit if this helps. Any suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated!
    Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling PrePod? That may fix the problem.

Is your Pre showing up as drive F? .app-storage is a folder that can be found in the root directory, but it is a hidden folder. If you go to Tools->Folder Options in windows explorer, then select the View tab, and make sure "Show hidden files and folders" is checked, then you should be able to see the .app-storage directory.

Alternatively, if your Pre is showing up as drive F, you should be able to just click on start, then run, and type in f:\.app-storage

Although, vista has a slightly different start menu I guess. Something like that, though.

If you do find the .db file, please save it so you can send it to me.
    Thank you for the incredibly fast response.

Yes, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I "uninstalled" the previous version by opening the Launcher on the Pre, going to the list of Apps, and Deleting the application from the list. After verifying it was deleted, I re-installed the new version using fileCoaster. Had the same problem so I deleted the application again and reinstalled using WebOSQuickInstall.

Yes the Pre shows up as Drive F:.

Yes, I have hidden folders set to be viewed. I tried accessing the db from the run menu as you recommended and the file is still not accessible. I will try to post screenshots if it helps.

Is there some reason the application is not installing completely? I definitely have space available on the Pre.

Do I need to be in EVDO mode for this app to work? I am connected via wifi at present.

Screenshots showing I am using most recent version on Pre, and what I see in my F Drive with Hidden Folders shown. Am I just an *****? What am I missing here...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3539/...b35543ac5f.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2445/...1a5f6a3fac.jpg

Thank you again for your assistance!

PROBLEM RESOLVED I was using an old webOS version. Somehow my Pre did not autoupdate even though settings were enabled. I deleted PrePod, completed the update, reinstalled PrePod via fileCoaster and it worked like a charm.
    Last edited by scaryfencer; 08/19/2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: PROBLEM RESOLVED
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I love this app! Is there a way to play regular .mp3s with it? I would love to use it to listen to audio books since it does bookmarking.
    I tried what you suggested to Scaryfencer. Made sure "show hidden files/folders' was checked, typed f:\.app-storage and I still get an error message file not found
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naejay View Post
    I tried what you suggested to Scaryfencer. Made sure "show hidden files/folders' was checked, typed f:\.app-storage and I still get an error message file not found
    I've sent PM's to both you and ScaryFencer. I'd love to continue troubleshooting this with you guys off of the thread (it's just difficult to do this in non-realtime)

Check http://forums.precentral.net/private.php for your private messages.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    That did it. Many thanks.
    gc916

Are you still getting your NPR feeds? I can't get Morning Edition, TOTN or ATC to work. I tried the URL DrNull gave, but I'm getting an error. Some of the other NPR feeds seem to work okay.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Right, so those question marks mean that PrePod couldn't find an enclosure.

This is one of those feed redirection errors I had in 0.3.3. I think if you subscribe to what that feed redirects to, it should work:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/rss/pod...dcast.xml?id=5
    DrNull: so is there a way to discover where the redirct is going to? (I'm not getting that TOTN url to work.)
    Last edited by flamand; 08/18/2009 at 01:10 PM.
    So I love the app, and am running 0.4.1. While listening to a streaming feed I often pause and background the app, coming back to it later. I've noticed my pre gets very warm when I do this, even with no other apps running. No heat issues when simply playing the streaming feed however. I haven't noticed if pausing a downloaded mp3 causes the same heat issue, but I'll check.

Is this a known issue? Please fix, it's draining my battery like mad!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    DrNull: so is there a way to discover where the redirct is going to? (I'm not getting that TOTN url to work.)
    Hmm, so that url has apparently changed.
    talk of the nation podcast - Google Search
    First link:
    NPR: Talk of the Nation Opinion Page Podcast : NPR Podcasts
    xml feed in text box:
    NPR: Talk of the Nation Opinion Page Podcast
    Should work. Try a similar search with the others you were having trouble finding.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CUfuzzy View Post
    Is this a known issue? Please fix, it's draining my battery like mad!
    Yes, I'm afraid this is unavoidable. On pause, I cycle through the buffer XOR'ing each byte with the previous byte to ensure that the bits don't stagnate. This is necessary as . . .

Sorry. It's been one of those days. I'll look into it.

For the humor impaired, that was a joke...
    Thanks for looking into that drnull. Ordinarily I download the episodes before listening. Sounds like I shouldn't run into the same problem when pausing downloaded episodes, so I'll stick to that method of use until further notice. I was just too impatient for downloads today.
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    gc916

Are you still getting your NPR feeds? I can't get Morning Edition, TOTN or ATC to work. I tried the URL DrNull gave, but I'm getting an error. Some of the other NPR feeds seem to work okay.
    I think NPR has something wrong with some of their feeds. Their directory just got redesigned, and I think they hosed some stuff up in the process. TOTN has a new URL, but the new one only has January episodes in it. Morning Edition isn't even in their directory any more. If you grab the RSS link from the show's page, there's nothing in that feed.

I tried the feeds in a different podcatcher and it didn't work there either.

I sent an email to their tech dept. Will post back if I hear anything.