View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 27 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naejay View Post
    I'm a total novice at this, I deleted the older version of prepod and installed the updated version. I'm still stuck in the feed loop would like to know how I would go about deleting the db file.
    If you go into the Launcher menu, the pull down the application menu and select "List Apps", PrePod is listed there as 0.4.1?

If so you're at the latest, if not make sure you have installed the latest.

If you are at 0.4.1, please connect your Pre to your computer in USB Drive mode. Then navigate to E:\.app-storage/file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.drnull.prepod_0 where E: is your Pre's USB Drive letter.
    You'll see a .db file there. Send me a Private Message (use this link) and I'll send you my email address so that you can email me that file.
    That is the db file that you will need to delete, so once you have a copy of it that you can email me, you can delete it and PrePod should work fine.

Sorry you're still having this problem, I really thought I put in enough error checking to get past this.
    not sure if i am the only one to notice. The Length of the Podcast (while streaming) is not accurate to the length of the podcast time as listed in some of the podcasts show notes. it came to my attention when the podcasts streams would all of sudden end
    i just attached a picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    If you go into the Launcher menu, the pull down the application menu and select "List Apps", PrePod is listed there as 0.4.1?

If so you're at the latest, if not make sure you have installed the latest.

If you are at 0.4.1, please connect your Pre to your computer in USB Drive mode. Then navigate to E:\.app-storage/file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.drnull.prepod_0 where E: is your Pre's USB Drive letter.
    You'll see a .db file there. Send me a Private Message (use this link) and I'll send you my email address so that you can email me that file.
    That is the db file that you will need to delete, so once you have a copy of it that you can email me, you can delete it and PrePod should work fine.

Sorry you're still having this problem, I really thought I put in enough error checking to get past this.
    Hi thanks again for the help.
    I typed F:\.app-storage/file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.drnull.prepod_0
    and I get an error message of file not found
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I did not have any problems with looping, however I am disappointed with the Queuing of new podcasts 'pending Wifi.' My favorite part of this Podcast reader is the ability to load new episodes on the fly, and most times this falls under my being at work, where I cannot gain Wifi access. If an update can be put out soon, I feel there NEEDS to be the option to Queue to Wifi, or download immediately for those who will not get Wifi for a while.

If this doesn't become an option I will most likely dump the app, as I can sync my Ipod to my computer at home every night, and that inconvenience is the reason I never bothered with Podcasting until this app came for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naejay View Post
    Hi thanks again for the help.
    I typed F:\.app-storage/file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.drnull.prepod_0
    and I get an error message of file not found
    Sorry, unix to windows translation issues.
    Just go to F:\.app-storage
    you should see the file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.drnull.prepod_0 folder there.
    There should be a .db file in that folder (it will start with a lot of zero's)
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    I did not have any problems with looping, however I am disappointed with the Queuing of new podcasts 'pending Wifi.' My favorite part of this Podcast reader is the ability to load new episodes on the fly, and most times this falls under my being at work, where I cannot gain Wifi access. If an update can be put out soon, I feel there NEEDS to be the option to Queue to Wifi, or download immediately for those who will not get Wifi for a while.

If this doesn't become an option I will most likely dump the app, as I can sync my Ipod to my computer at home every night, and that inconvenience is the reason I never bothered with Podcasting until this app came for the Pre.
    Why such negativity and attempted manipulation/threatening in your tone when you could simply ask a question?

Please see the update notice in the first post.
    Preferences: Auto-Update, Update Interval, Download only over WiFi
    I know there isn't a lot of documentation available, but if you had just poked around in preferences, you would have seen this option.

Hope you continue to enjoy PrePod.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    not sure if i am the only one to notice. The Length of the Podcast (while streaming) is not accurate to the length of the podcast time as listed in some of the podcasts show notes. it came to my attention when the podcasts streams would all of sudden end
    I believe this is the same problem that has been discussed in the past here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1821454
    and here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...what-time.html

Btw, The listed time in the description of 1:36:14 is 1 second shorter than the time that PrePod gives of 96:15...
    Could you send me the podcast that does ascending date order? That's just broken. That's not how rss works. I don't really plan on allowing a change in the sort order.
    Quote Originally Posted by doublebullout View Post
    I see this in nugscast as well. I'm perfectly willing to accept "the guy running the feed is doing it wrong" as an explanation. Just throwing it out there as an additional instance of what the dart player was saying.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Sorry, unix to windows translation issues.
    Just go to F:\.app-storage
    you should see the file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.drnull.prepod_0 folder there.
    There should be a .db file in that folder (it will start with a lot of zero's)
    Getting the same error message. I'll try again tonight after work.
    Thanks for your help & patience,
    Ranae
    I believe this is the same problem that has been discussed in the past here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1821454
    and here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...what-time.html

Btw, The listed time in the description of 1:36:14 is 1 second shorter than the time that PrePod gives of 96:15...

speaking of time. in the list of podcast from a feed, where does it get the time and date from?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I did quite a few Episode Title Replacements and after my podcasts got updated in the background I lost all of my prepod feed settings, including the picture name I'm using for engadget.
    Last edited by TreoRock; 08/17/2009 at 10:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    speaking of time. in the list of podcast from a feed, where does it get the time and date from?
    The pubDate of the episode in the rss feed. The timezone is probably incorrect, so it won't appear to be the correct time, I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I did quite a few Episode Title Replacements and after my podcasts got updated in the background I lost all of my prepod feed settings, including the picture name I'm using for engadget.
    I assume you lost all feeds and went back to a fresh install state? I've seen this happen once or twice (it happened to me last week). I don't know what causes this, but I saw in the error logs something about "db corrupt, deleting file". I can't reproduce this on command, so it's been hard to track down.

Approximately how many feeds did you have? And were the lots of Replacements in one feed, or a couple across many feeds?

If you have the "export to opml" email from that configuration still, let me know.

Btw, sorry, I know losing all the feeds, and mostly, losing the information about which episodes were listened/downloaded/etc really sucks.
    4.1 fixed the Resume bug, where it would take you to the bookmark but not play. I had to push Pause, then Play to get it to play. Now it automagically works!!

This is one of my top 5 Apps!
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Just wanted to mention - my feeds got deleted too somewhere between .39 and .40...
    luckily I had just tested the opml export though, so didn't loose much.. *did* endup with duplicate feeds though (I had some of the feeds that you use as default feeds) - they ended up on the list twice..

Maybe make it so that they don't duplicate when they already exist, but instead ask you which options you want to keep? (since you store the preferences for the feed in the opml file..)
    -mark
    edit - PS - DrNull - I responded to your PM w/ my opml feed, but didn't see the message in the sent folder.. let me know if you don't get it.
    Last edited by diomark; 08/17/2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post

You can still download immediately if you want. Just tap, hold, release on the icon on the episode you want. Pick Download from the pop up menu.
    Hey, I see you're listed in the dev camp contest (http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/predevcamp). The blurb at the top says something about voting for our favorites. Any idea how we vote?
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I've noticed some "interesting" video podcasts. Anyway we can get a feature request for an "adult pin" to hide some feeds?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    Hey, I see you're listed in the dev camp contest (http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/predevcamp). The blurb at the top says something about voting for our favorites. Any idea how we vote?
    I'm not sure, actually. My first impression would be that it's the "1-5 Stars" selection that you can make to the right of the PrePod Feed List on http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/prepod maybe? I remember seeing something about their being a panel of judges as well, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    I've noticed some "interesting" video podcasts. Anyway we can get a feature request for an "adult pin" to hide some feeds?
    I'll try to get that in for next release (hopefully will be soon if I can figure out why people keep losing feeds...) Looks like digital podcast has settings for that, conveniently. Digital Podcast Search Service

Oops, just noticed in the DigitalPodcast terms of use that I need to put "powered by Digital Podcast" on that page as well. Next version will fulfill that requirement.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I'm having problems w/ avrcp controls. Pausing a podcast using my bluetooth headset seems to be hit or miss.. Sometimes it works right away, othertimes it requires two clicks, other times it's completely ignored... Anyone else noticing this?