View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 25 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    Here's the link I use that gets the purple question marks: NPR Programs: Morning Edition
    That feed has no enclosures (or mp3 episodes). If you look down at the bottom of the morning edition page, there's no link for the podcast, just the rss. The rss link is news stories only, no audio.

Searching around, it doesn't appear that NPR offers a podcast for Morning Edition, but I could be wrong. I know it's a poor substitute, but here's the "Story of the Day" podcast:
    NPR: Story of the Day Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    v0.4.0 released!
    This is excellent! Just a quick question. If I want to only be notified there are feed updates but NOT have the app download anything do I enable notifications but turn off auto-updates? If so, how often does it check the feeds? I just want it to check the feeds and notify me of new podcasts, not necessarily download them at that time.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    being from Brooklyn, English isn't my first language, but shouldn't it say "dl over wifi only"?

any chance of a "dl when charging only" option?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    drnull,
    This may be trivial, but i hope you can help. I tried to do the image fix using your described method. The problem is, I was trying to add the adam carolla show, and apparently there is no image for it to download. This is probably where i went wrong, but i grabbed the image from the internet, opened it in Gimp, scaled it to 300x120 to keep it under the 300x300 that another feed had. Then placed it in the .albumart folder. Went into the feed and edited it to use the new image and i still don't see an image.
    Like i said this is probably trivial, but i wanted to fix the engadget and carolla images to show. Can you help out in this, thanks.
    hmm, anybody else can slide the edit feed options . . . feed option? i cant slide auto dl or delete when finished.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    hmm, anybody else can slide the edit feed options . . . feed option? i cant slide auto dl or delete when finished.
    Odd, it didn't work right away, but I kept tapping around and then it started responding. I had no trouble after that with other feeds.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    This is excellent! Just a quick question. If I want to only be notified there are feed updates but NOT have the app download anything do I enable notifications but turn off auto-updates? If so, how often does it check the feeds? I just want it to check the feeds and notify me of new podcasts, not necessarily download them at that time.
    You want to leave notifications and auto-updates on. The interval under the auto-updates lets you choose how often it checks. Then to make it not download, go to the Edit Feed for each feed and turn off auto-download.
    any rss feeds support soon?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acet3chnician View Post
    drnull,
    This may be trivial, but i hope you can help. I tried to do the image fix using your described method. The problem is, I was trying to add the adam carolla show, and apparently there is no image for it to download. This is probably where i went wrong, but i grabbed the image from the internet, opened it in Gimp, scaled it to 300x120 to keep it under the 300x300 that another feed had. Then placed it in the .albumart folder. Went into the feed and edited it to use the new image and i still don't see an image.
    Like i said this is probably trivial, but i wanted to fix the engadget and carolla images to show. Can you help out in this, thanks.

Perhaps it's an 8-bit image which just won't work right?
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Perhaps it's an 8-bit image which just won't work right?
    Could be the case, I'm no guru with images. not sure how to check if it's an 8 bit image, but i'll look into it and try to change it.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Thank you soooo much! I just realized last week that one of the radio ministries I listened to is no longer carried in my area. I have been listening to the program more than I have on my iPod since I can stream it in the car!

I have one question...and I did try to search the thread...does the program work with feedburner podcasts...or things that do not have .xml? I was trying to get Mugglecast from Podcast Alley.

Thanks again!!

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I love the new version; question though. How does the download only while on wifi work? Is that for automatic downloads, or for all downloads?

Also would love to see an option to download only when powered on... (i.e. wifi on and charging)
    -mark
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    Thanks for the answer on this, nlowhor, but I think what mobilehavoc wants is currently not supported. Right now, the only notification you'll get is if you have a feed set to auto-download, but wifi isn't available (in addition to the updating/downloading/downloaded notifications). I'll put on the list a way to get notifications that there are new episodes in a feed.

being from Brooklyn, English isn't my first language, but shouldn't it say "dl over wifi only"?

any chance of a "dl when charging only" option?
    Are you sure it shouldn't be "DL over only wifi?"
    DL when charging is a good option. I hate to clutter up the preferences screen too much, but it might be a worthy addition.

Quote Originally Posted by acet3chnician View Post
    drnull,
    http://cioffi.cachefly.net/ACP-ITUNES.jpg is the image I see for the Adam Carolla Podcast. I've opened it in IE and Google Chrome, and neither browser can view it (it shows up as a broken image). Firefox can display it. Also, if you download it, windows can display it. However, since WebOS is based on WebKit (as is Google Chrome, I believe), I'm guessing that WebOS can't display it. I'm not sure what to suggest on this, I'm not much of an image guru either.

Make sure you're tapping on the slider. Tapping on the text won't toggle it.

Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    I have one question...and I did try to search the thread...does the program work with feedburner podcasts...or things that do not have .xml? I was trying to get Mugglecast from Podcast Alley.
    It should work with anything that is a podcast. Search (in PrePod) for mugglecast or potter and you should see "MuggleCast: Harry Potter podcasting" in the results list. Tap it to add it to PrePod.

Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    I love the new version; question though. How does the download only while on wifi work? Is that for automatic downloads, or for all downloads?
    Great question, I should have clarified. "DL only over WiFi" means that any scheduled update or update triggered by tapping the refresh button will only download if WiFi is available. You can still manually download an episode by going to the Episode List and tapping the "download" icon.

Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    any rss feeds support soon?
    I don't really plan on adding support for text only rss feeds anytime soon. The main point of this program is to playback enclosures from rss feeds (audio and video podcasts). If I go down that path, it will be a separate program that integrates with google reader.

Also, I've seen people asking about the 5GB limit. A google search will return TONS of results, I'll update the original post with the best description of the issue that I can find.
    sprint 5gb - Google Search
    Last edited by drnull; 08/16/2009 at 07:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Another great update, DrNull. Thanks for your hard work
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Couple of suggestions for further possible improvements down the road:

1) Playlist feature
    2) Recently downloaded

Recently downloaded would show in chronological order the most recent podcasts downloaded so you can just play them all in a row from one location.
    What starts the clock on the d/l interval? If I set my d/l interval to 24 hrs, what time of day will that actually run?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Please make sure you know what you are doing if you disable the DL only over WiFi preference. If you are not careful, you could go over your 5gb/month download cap and make Sprint very unhappy with you.
    CNET article about Sprint 5GB limits
    EVDOForums discussion
    Google search for Sprint 5gb
    Official Sprint Terms
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcements: Sprint Capping Data?

So is this cap just on Phone-As-Modem, and Datacard users?

This cap doesn't affect PowerVision, and Vision users. Right?

That is correct - only PAM and Datacard. Data used on your handset under your Powervision and Vision plan is NOT impacted.
    Keep in mind 5 GIGabytes is a huge chunk of data.

Will
    Sprint Admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We DO NOT have a 5gb cap on our internet usage, This is for air cards and PAM ONLY.

Connection and Phone as Modem

Plans T&Cs Change

Effective in 30 days, Sprint reserves the right
    to limit throughput speeds or amount of data
    transferred and to deny, terminate, modify, or
    suspend service if usage exceeds 5 GB/month
    in total or 300 MB/month while roaming off
    network. Check your rights under the T&Cs on
    sprint.com.
    Awesome PrePod update! The only thing I've noticed is that when updating feeds on the background the Pre slows down a bit and if I'm streaming music it will pause. Could you check on that?
    I think this is an excellent app. I never had a desire to listen to any podcasts until this made it very convenient for me. All the functions work great and the preferences menu is plentiful which is always a plus.

Two things I would like to see implemented are an opening screen to make it feel more polished, if people think this will put too much time in between opening the app and listening to your podcast then maybe make it customizable whether it displays on open or not? Second, I would like play/pause controls in the notifications bar so if I'm listening to a podcast and want to pause it, I can do so without switching back to the open card. I don't know how easy that would be to implement but it would be a game changing option to bring this already excellent app to a completely new level of usability.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Question do automatic updates work when prepod isn't running?

(I don't want them to if they do... But curious)

Also would love to schedule the actual times to update. (ie - for me, at night only while on wifi and charging)

-m