View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 23 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    the edit feeds ui. the update button isnt standard WebOS. it should update when you close the card, you shouldnt have to click update.

also change "listened" to "played." to represent video podcast.
    imho.

any chance there can be a 2x speed on audio playback?

and if i can, can you include a tab like interface? I would like to see 3 tabs (or how ever you choose to do it).

All feeds, Feeds with new shows, and currently downloading.

on a side note, have you considered making an rss reader?

great app, the only thing preventing me from retiring my ipod touch, is a palm issue. they need a FF/RR on the video app. Im okay doing the listed to in prepod.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Dont know what happened but i had a few pod feeds i added like Adam Corrola's and Bill Simmons and now they are gone with update

I cant seem to add Bill Simmons feed now, the exact same link i am using worked last time, whats up?
    Last edited by biggamer3; 08/12/2009 at 10:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Dont know what happened but i had a few pod feeds i added like Adam Corrola's and Bill Simmons and now they are gone with update
    For what it's worth Adam Corrola is in my feeds and stayed there after the latest upgrade.
    -mark
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    the edit feeds ui. the update button isnt standard WebOS. it should update when you close the card, you shouldnt have to click update.
    That's not true. If you ever go to "change login settings" for email or calendar, you have to click "login" so it can verify your settings. That's what update is doing. Giving you notification that PrePod is going to do a check of what you have entered, and only save it if its valid.

also change "listened" to "played." to represent video podcast.
    Sounds reasonable

any chance there can be a 2x speed on audio playback?
    I think there's a chance of this, yes. I've been reading some HTML5 standards documentation in my spare time (it's a really dry read) and controlling playback speed is in there. I don't know if palm has implemented it or not. Options would be something like 1.0-2.0 or whatever the max supported is, in .1 increments, probably through a menu option and shortcut key (I don't want to clutter the UI with something rarely used, but it should be easily done with a key combo). This is down the road a bit though.

and if i can, can you include a tab like interface? I would like to see 3 tabs (or how ever you choose to do it).
    Eh? So tabs for feeds/episodes/player instead of separate scenes?

All feeds, Feeds with new shows, and currently downloading.
    This is planned, along with playlist functionality. Background updating/downloading first though. I've made good progress on that over the past week.

on a side note, have you considered making an rss reader?
    Meh, PrePod's inspiration is the com.palm.app.news application. And until google reader gives us an API to synchronize a mobile stand-alone reader with the online reader, I'm happy to stick with m.google.com/reader.

Btw, thanks for the feedback!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts

I cant seem to add Bill Simmons feed now, the exact same link i am using worked last time, whats up?
    Did you lose all of the feeds that you added (i.e., the only ones that are there are the standard ones from a fresh install - and all the "listened" settings have been reset?)

Please post your Bill Simmons feed url. I just added http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/feeds/itunes/podCast?id=2864045 and it worked fine.
    Ok it worked with ur link thanks.

How do u search for podcasts usually?
    I'd like to get npr news as a podcast (the segment that I listen to in the mornings on the way to work), but all that I can find on their website is the hourly news update.

Does anyone know the podcast id for just the regular NPR morning news podcast?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Ok it worked with ur link thanks.

How do u search for podcasts usually?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post
    I'd like to get npr news as a podcast (the segment that I listen to in the mornings on the way to work), but all that I can find on their website is the hourly news update.

Does anyone know the podcast id for just the regular NPR morning news podcast?
    I typically just google for it, works for me.

npr morning edition - Google Search
    first link:
    Morning Edition : NPR
    bottom of page (Podcast and RSS Feeds)
    Morning Edition - NPR Programs: Morning Edition

EDIT:
    This is wrong, that morning edition feed is text only.
    Last edited by drnull; 08/15/2009 at 10:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    This may have been answered already, but what's the proper way to update to the newest versions of homebrew apps? If I go into filecoaster and click install again, it doesn't give me the latest version, if I delete the application and reinstall i get the latest version but lose all my feeds.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    This may have been answered already, but what's the proper way to update to the newest versions of homebrew apps? If I go into filecoaster and click install again, it doesn't give me the latest version, if I delete the application and reinstall i get the latest version but lose all my feeds.
    filecoaster should be able to handle the upgrade. I tried 0.3.5 to 0.3.6 in the emulator using filecoaster 1.1.1 and it worked fine.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    drnull:

First, thank you so much for this awesome app!

Second, is there a way I can just delete an episode out of the list of available episodes, and make it go away? There are ones that I know I am never going to download... so I just want them out of the list.

When I swipe, and choose Delete, all it does is put the episode in grayed-out type with the gray circle button... whereas I would like an option to permanently delete it from the list of eps on my Pre.

Is this possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    I typically just google for it, works for me.

npr morning edition - Google Search
    first link:
    Morning Edition : NPR
    bottom of page (Podcast and RSS Feeds)
    Morning Edition - NPR Programs: Morning Edition
    your google-fu is strong.
    Seems to be a lot of "where do I find x podcast" type questions creeping in here again. I know it's tough to scan back through such a long thread, so I'm reposting here the earlier suggestion that those questions be posted to this thread --> http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-question.html

Let's let our dev focus on the app itself. The rest of us should be able to help each other find the feeds.
    Last edited by muppet_funk; 08/12/2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: fixed the link
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Actually, mp4 videos do play typically. I think the problem here is that the video is too high resolution (640x360 for the most recent Science Friday).
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1667119

The one before that seems to work fine. Checking the stream, it appears to be 480x360. Which is closer to that 480x320 resolution mentioned in the above post, but still technically too large.

Also, I've noticed that once a video errors (even when trying to play video from the built-in video player), you have to shutdown the video player before trying another video.
    Is this the reason that The Onion's video feeds do not work? The files are 15MB+. It shows the episodes but gives an error "No enclosure". Here is the feed link

Onion News Network

All your work on this app is greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I've got an odd issue -- I only listen to one podcast on this while I'm testing it, so far it's a great app! My problem is that sometimes the 30-second and 60-second rw/ff buttons don't actually skip anything. The counter moves but the audio starts at the same spot and when the playing time reaches what it thinks is the end of the file, it stops -- even though the file isn't actually at the end -- just the counter.

Test with this podcast? RED BAR RADIO .com

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by wotan View Post
    I've got an odd issue ... My problem is that sometimes the 30-second and 60-second rw/ff buttons don't actually skip anything. The counter moves but the audio starts at the same spot...
    I've seen similar behavior in the built in media player. I'd go to the song list view, hold the FF or RR button for few seconds, see the counter move, but then hear the same segment of audio I started with. Makes me wonder whether what you're seeing is a PrePod issue or WebOS. Not saying it isn't PrePod's fault. Could well be. Just throwing out there that the built in player behaved similarly on occasion.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Does anyone else have problems with podcasts ending 15-30 seconds early? I notice it with both streaming and downloading. It cuts off with a little bit left at the end of the podcast. Even though it shows 0:00 left, they are just wrapping up the podcast when it stops. I noticed it on TWIT and Buzz out loud.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmartin View Post
    Does anyone else have problems with podcasts ending 15-30 seconds early? I notice it with both streaming and downloading. It cuts off with a little bit left at the end of the podcast. Even though it shows 0:00 left, they are just wrapping up the podcast when it stops. I noticed it on TWIT and Buzz out loud.
    Yea, this happens on the Pre's native music player as well.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmartin View Post
    Yeah I noticed that too. It also happens with the Pre's music player. It may be a problem in WebOS. If this doesn't get fixed it'll be hard to listen to audio books.

Edit: I guess I'm a slow typer.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    It may have something to do with Pre's internal clock being fast as noted in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...what-time.html

I noticed on the native music player that when I was listening to an audio book where each track was over an hour long, when I paused it on the pre then went to my car stereo and found that point on the cd, it was always about 5 to 20 seconds earlier on the cd depending on how far into the track I was.