View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 18 of 118 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Thanks DrNull.

I don't know if it's necessary for it to keep WiFi on as long as it holds onto the download through EVDO as well. But thanks so much. It's been frustrating me lately.

Any other tidbits on what to expect in the update?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Any other tidbits on what to expect in the update?
    See the first post. Nothing to terribly spectacular yet, but I think I'll start working on background downloading next (while PrePod isn't open).
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    I agree. I have the same problem. I am not sure that I clicked play since there is feedback. Maybe show the circle inplace till it plays, the show the pause button?

Love the app!!!

Also, can you make the buttons for play, pause, forward and reverse bigger? I find when in the car bigger buttons would help a lot.
    I suggest using the keyboard in the car. The bottom row of buttons are mapped to the 5 onscreen buttons. That spacebar is excellent for play/pause in the car.
    Just thought about this tonight.

Switching the order of the episodes would be great as well so the newest is at the top. This will keep us from having to scroll down to catch the newest feeds. I can't wait for hte update. Thanks a bunch.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    I suggest using the keyboard in the car. The bottom row of buttons are mapped to the 5 onscreen buttons. That spacebar is excellent for play/pause in the car.
    That's awesome! How did I miss that?
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Love the app. I've been using 0.3.1 and love it.

I recently installed 0.3.3 and the app is stuck on the initial "Loading Feeds" screen. I've tried uninstall/reinstall, but with no luck. I also tried re-installing 0.3.1 but it won't install.

UPDATE
    I removed the db file and everything worked out smoothly... I had to reload my rss feeds, though.
    Last edited by misternate; 08/04/2009 at 11:44 PM.
    I can't thank you enough for putting this app together.

One question, though -- have you considered distributing it via something like PreLoad (http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-31-8-1-a.html) ? That would make all our lives easier when it comes to updating, and probably get more people to download your app...? Just a thought.

Thanks for all the hard work!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Switching the order of the episodes would be great as well so the newest is at the top. This will keep us from having to scroll down to catch the newest feeds. I can't wait for hte update. Thanks a bunch.
    I'll put this on the list as a preference. I guess there are a few different ways you might want to sort, as well as a way to just see all new episodes (regardless of what feed they are in).

Quote Originally Posted by misternate View Post
    I recently installed 0.3.3 and the app is stuck on the initial "Loading Feeds" screen.
    I removed the db file and everything worked out smoothly... I had to reload my rss feeds, though.
    Huh... that's unfortunate. Did you happen to keep a copy of the db that I could do some forensics on?

Quote Originally Posted by retsamhgiht View Post
    One question, though -- have you considered distributing it via something like PreLoad (http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-31-8-1-a.html) ? That would make all our lives easier when it comes to updating, and probably get more people to download your app...? Just a thought.
    It's a good thought. The installer ecosystem seems to be in a bit of flux currently. I don't want to have to update 5 different installers when I have a new version. I'm going to wait on this a little bit until things settle down some.
    When watching a vodcast, the video is played on a continuous loop.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Excellent, http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps is up! .ipk downloads had been disabled in the forums, so go there to get 0.3.5.
    PrePod v0.3.5

• Control via BT Headphones or Palm included headphones (pause/play, next/prev map to +/- 20 seconds)
    • WiFi should stay on through downloads as long as PrePod is open
    • Downloads go to /media/internal/PrePod/[FEED TITLE]/[EPISODE TITLE]-YYYYMMDD.[EXT]
    • Preferences added to Feed List menu
      • Show Album Art: ON displays album art, OFF hides it (if your display is laggy)
      • Show Feed Details: ON displays #Downloaded, #New, #Bookmarked, OFF shows only #New (reminder, an episode is considered "New" until you have finished listening to it or have manually marked it "Listened")
      • Enable Single Tap: ON icons in the Episode List do their default action with a tap, OFF a menu is brought up with actions to choose from

• Edit Feed command added to Episode List
    • Volume keys are now captured when the application is open so that they control media volume (instead of ringer volume)
    • AlbumArt is editable (make it a space to keep it from displaying)
    • Temp files are deleted on aborted downloads
    • Import/Export OPML now includes options from the feed configuration page (delete after playback, auto download, maximum downloads to keep, and replacement strings)
    drnull ... just finished reading your updates and explanation on why you wrote this, etc ... and i must say again ... this is a spectacular app ... thanks so much for everything you've done.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    It seems there might be a bug. The application hangs for me when I try to Export OPML. The menu just stays selected and nothing happens.
    Yeah, I have the same problem with the export OPML. Strangely it still registers the taps on other menu items when it hangs, even if they don't do anything.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wormdood View Post
    It seems there might be a bug. The application hangs for me when I try to Export OPML. The menu just stays selected and nothing happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogremustcrush View Post
    Yeah, I have the same problem with the export OPML. Strangely it still registers the taps on other menu items when it hangs, even if they don't do anything.
    I went ahead and resubmitted the 0.3.5 ipk with the fix for this (since it was trivial). Feel free to redownload/install if you like.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Thanks! Awesome app!
    I have an RSS for a local radio morning show. It is not updating per day, tho if I go online on my computer, the RSS is current. The refresh button is not updating the feed and deleting/re-adding still shows the old feed info.

Any clues on how to force an RSS update?
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'm not sure what's up with 0.3.5, but every time I get it to synch with a podcast, it crashes LunaSysMgr.

Most specifically it happens when i start a download, then go back to the main screen, and scroll up or down.

**update: correction, all I have to do is scroll up or down and 0.3.5 crashes.
    Last edited by showergel; 08/05/2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: correction
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I have an RSS for a local radio morning show. It is not updating per day, tho if I go online on my computer, the RSS is current. The refresh button is not updating the feed and deleting/re-adding still shows the old feed info.
    I've found that many podcast feeds have nonstandard formats. Or at least formats that I hadn't encountered while writing the app. If you, or anyone else, has a problem with a feed, feel free to post the feed or PM me the feed details, and I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by showergel View Post
    I'm not sure what's up with 0.3.5, but every time I get it to synch with a podcast, it crashes LunaSysMgr.

Most specifically it happens when i start a download, then go back to the main screen, and scroll up or down.

**update: correction, all I have to do is scroll up or down and 0.3.5 crashes.
    Well that isn't good... Try disabling the Album Art in preferences? Alternatively, if you could email me your podcast list using the OPML->Export via email option, I could try to recreate the problem.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Well that isn't good... Try disabling the Album Art in preferences? Alternatively, if you could email me your podcast list using the OPML->Export via email option, I could try to recreate the problem.
    I'm backtracking to 0.3.3 to make sure it's not a problem with a particular feed. It's been running for more than 30 seconds so far .. which is an improvement. I'll upgrade after a successful sync and try again with your album art suggestion.
    0.3.5 - Wow. I hadn't had time to update for a while. Great release. Love the auto downloading and other new features. Nice work on this one.