View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 17 of 118 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    How can i edit a feed's setting after I have created it. Example: I believe when I added Windows Weekly I did not change it so it does not delete after I listen.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarchant View Post
    drnull: Did you happen miss this question?
    I'm mulling over how to handle the saving of feed options. I guess since OPML is an xml file, I can add in my own attributes and it won't impact the compatibility of the file.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Okay, so with the download thing. I've got two podcasts set to autodownload, and it seems things get confused if I hit refresh and both are new.
    Agreed, I've put code in to force filenames to be /media/internal/PrePod/[FEED TITLE]/[EPISODE TITLE]-YYYYMMDD.[APPROPRIATE EXTENSION] This makes it easier to do a few things like: 1) handle redirects 2) remove the temp files left behind by canceled/aborted downloads 3) keep the directory organized 4) ensure that no feeds are overwriting other feeds downloads

They will still be accessible when you are plugged in via USB mode (they'll be in G:\PrePod\... where G is your Pre's USB Drive letter), and all the old downloads will still be fine (I'm not moving them, and the DB still points to the downloads directory)

Quote Originally Posted by dmbpettit View Post
    How can i edit a feed's setting after I have created it. Example: I believe when I added Windows Weekly I did not change it so it does not delete after I listen.
    2 ways: Tap the mini-icon area on the right of the Feed List view or wait for the next update where you can use the application menu when in the Episode List and choose "Edit Feed"
    I use this daily - thank you.
    Great app. Thanks.

Any idea why this rss feed won't work?

Nature Podcast
    Great job on this. I'm listening to the BS Report from ESPN on it right now.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Any idea why this rss feed won't work?

http://www.nature.com/nature/podcast/rss/nature.xml
    I can't stand how poorly redirection is handled in WebOS. Who knows, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anyways: http://feeds.nature.com/nature/podcast/current is the redirection url, and it should work.
    I apologize if this has been addressed but I've noticed that when the phone sleeps, the downloads stop. I am using WiFi at home. When I launch the app later, I get tons of errors about episodes not getting downloaded.

I do love this app and you are doing a great job. Keep it up.
    I love this app, but sometimes I get a bit frustrated while driving when I click on play podcast and it doesn't do anything and I click again (most likely pausing it) and nothing happens... Then, I close it out, calm down and press it only once and wait until it plays and finally it does it... lol I know patience... patience... but if the app could only tell me that is connecting, buffering, streaming... then I would probably have more patience because I know what is going on. Sorry for the rant...
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I apologize if this has been addressed but I've noticed that when the phone sleeps, the downloads stop. I am using WiFi at home.
    On the previous page, he recommends plugging in the power if you're downloading over wifi. That will keep the Pre from turning off the wifi when it goes dark.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I love this app, but sometimes I get a bit frustrated while driving when I click on play podcast and it doesn't do anything and I click again (most likely pausing it) and nothing happens... Then, I close it out, calm down and press it only once and wait until it plays and finally it does it... lol I know patience... patience... but if the app could only tell me that is connecting, buffering, streaming... then I would probably have more patience because I know what is going on. Sorry for the rant...
    I agree. I have the same problem. I am not sure that I clicked play since there is feedback. Maybe show the circle inplace till it plays, the show the pause button?

Love the app!!!

Also, can you make the buttons for play, pause, forward and reverse bigger? I find when in the car bigger buttons would help a lot.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I apologize if this has been addressed but I've noticed that when the phone sleeps, the downloads stop. I am using WiFi at home. When I launch the app later, I get tons of errors about episodes not getting downloaded.
    Next version (check back tomorrow sometime) will notify WebOS that a download is occurring, and ask WebOS to keep WiFi on for 15 minutes. Every 5 minutes PrePod will reacquire the 15 minute "lease", as long as the download is still going and PrePod is still running. After the download completes or errors, PrePod will release the lease, and WebOS will switch back to powersave.

Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    You're streaming, aren't you? I thought I told you to stop that! Next version: when you press play, it disables the play/pause button until playback begins. I'll add a spinner at some point, but this is good enough for now. Also, streaming is, as I have mentioned, buggy. I've seen cases where (when streaming) a bookmark can't be resumed, and you just have to clear the bookmark and start over, then carefully ffwd over to where you were, trying the whole time to keep the position inside the downloaded buffer. I promise I will look into this, I've just been busy getting other things higher up on the list working.
    Thanks for the great app! Perhaps you are aware of this, but, just in case...
    I usually use stereo bluetooth earphones with my Pre. Sound from PrePod through the bluethooth earphones is fine. However the multi-function buttons on the bluetooth device do not work with the app. It does not matter whether streaming or playing back a stored mp3, the pause button, for example, on the bluetooth device is not recognized. Is this a Webos problem, perhaps? The "music" app on the Pre works fine with the bluetooth multifunction buttons. However, the standard streaming app on the Pre does not work with the bluetooth controls.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redroosterfarm View Post
    I usually use stereo bluetooth earphones with my Pre. Sound from PrePod through the bluethooth earphones is fine. However the multi-function buttons on the bluetooth device do not work with the app. It does not matter whether streaming or playing back a stored mp3, the pause button, for example, on the bluetooth device is not recognized.
    This should be working in tomorrow's release. Pause/Play will work as expected. Next/Prev I currently have have mapped to the +/- 20 second functionality. As the BT headset adapter I have doesn't have discrete prev/next and ffwd/frwd buttons, I'm not sure if there is a separate code.

Also, the pause/play toggle on the Palm included headphones will work tomorrow.
    I didn't see this problem noted in any of the posts, but since v.0.3.3, my bookmarks are never saved after the first save. For example, I'm listening to TWIT, I paused it at 22:xx minutes, the first time it finds that bookmark, but then (for example) I pause it again around 45 minutes. When I go back, it starts back at the 22 minute mark. I've tried this many times and always get the same results. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I've had the same problem as Ramer as of the last update, although I think I only noticed it when streaming, which as we all know, we shouldn't be doing anyway.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    First, thanks for the amazing work you've done on this app!

Now, a question that I don't think has been asked/answered before...I have auto-download set for NPR's "Talk of the Nation" and have downloaded episodes in the past.

Today, PrePod recognized that new episodes were available, but apparently they were not downloaded. Instead of a "play" button in the episode list, there are question marks. If I tap on the episode name or question mark, I get the "Episode details" but the play button doesn't work.

Thanks again for your efforts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I seem to be having the same issue as Ramer84015.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    I didn't see this problem noted in any of the posts, but since v.0.3.3, my bookmarks are never saved after the first save....Any ideas?
    Yep. I introduced a bug in 0.3.3 Sorry about that. Ticked me off once I found it too. I think what's really happening there is if you exit the app after setting a bookmark and not doing anything else that might cause the app so save its state to the DB, you lose your bookmarks. That's fixed in tomorrow's release.

Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Now, a question that I don't think has been asked/answered before...I have auto-download set for NPR's "Talk of the Nation" and have downloaded episodes in the past.

Today, PrePod recognized that new episodes were available, but apparently they were not downloaded. Instead of a "play" button in the episode list, there are question marks. If I tap on the episode name or question mark, I get the "Episode details" but the play button doesn't work.
    Right, so those question marks mean that PrePod couldn't find an enclosure.

This is one of those feed redirection errors I had in 0.3.3. I think if you subscribe to what that feed redirects to, it should work:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/rss/podcast/TOTNPodcast.xml?id=5
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Right, so those question marks mean that PrePod couldn't find an enclosure.

This is one of those feed redirection errors I had in 0.3.3. I think if you subscribe to what that feed redirects to, it should work:
    NPR Programs: Talk of the Nation
    That did it. Many thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Yep. I introduced a bug in 0.3.3 Sorry about that. Ticked me off once I found it too. I think what's really happening there is if you exit the app after setting a bookmark and not doing anything else that might cause the app so save its state to the DB, you lose your bookmarks. That's fixed in tomorrow's release.
    I was starting to think it was just me, since I didn't see it posted. I thought I was having flashbacks when I was listening to the same thing over and over Great app though, thanks for your hard work