View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 16 of 118 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    first of all ... i LOVE this app ... as i've already read here ... knowing the pre would be capable of doing this, THIS is the app i've been waiting for and seeing all the ideas that people have and that you've thrown out as possible enhancements for the future of PrePod, i seriously don't see any app rivalling this one!!!

as mentioned by the previous poster, i also have noticed the display going away after changing the "status" of an older podcast after the 36th episode listed ... and when i say changing the status, it's when you cancel the download or delete by swiping ... screen goes white and the littlest movement on the screen brings the episode list back (without having to go BACK)

another thing i noticed was after adding a feed here and a feed there (closing and re-opening as mentioned before) ... i noticed that a few times, my new feeds were gone, all my downloads were gone and all the "PRE-bundled" feeds were placed back in the "queue" ... not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but thought i'd share

thanks again for this amazing app!!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Thanks to jbcross for sending me a username/password to test out an authorization required feed. It appears that all you have to do is insert the username/password into the url to get an authorization feed to work.

i.e., if your username was drnull, and your password was $uperSecre! and you wanted to listen to a username/password required feed at http://example.com/rss.xml, then you could try subscribing to:

http://drnull:$uperSecre!@example.com/rss.xml

So, until I get around to adding in that functionality, maybe that will work for you folks who want authorized feed support.

I'd be interested in hearing your feedback on whether it works, but it's obviously not a supported feature, more of a hack.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    OMG love this, especially when I noticed I can resume from where I stopped listening.. Great stuff
    Nice work on the latest update.

I'd like to be able to exclude "in progress" episodes from the Keep At Most count.

Suppose I have KAM = 1 and I have 1 ep downloaded. If a newer ep hits the feed b4 I've started the already d/l'd one, then I want it to d/l the new one and dump the old one. But if I'm half way through listening to the old one when the feed is updated, then I want to d/l the new one and keep the old one until I finish listening.

Or to put it another way, if I ignore an ep, then I want it to automatically cycle out. Once I engage w/ an ep, I want it kept until I'm done with it.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    Or to put it another way, if I ignore an ep, then I want it to automatically cycle out. Once I engage w/ an ep, I want it kept until I'm done with it.
    Great idea, great description, thanks!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    It seems that the podcast you referenced is not valid, thus the parser of PrePod may be having issues with it. Other parsers may be more liberal, but asking the creators to ensure that their feed validates is really the first step.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbritton View Post
    This app sofar has been great, I've used 0.3.1 and 0.3.3 now and have one issue i've run into. The feeds from Scientific American's 60-second Science and Psych downloaded in 0.3.1 but gave what appeared to be empty episodes.
    Heh, "the parser I'm using". Well, it's actually just a hand-jammed function that has gotten me this far. I think the errors in that feed are fine. The real problem with it is it has multiple redirects in the mp3 download. I'm working on fixing this. Same thing with SciAm's 60 second podcast. (really? Downloads for that worked in 0.3.1?)
    i tried downloading hak5 (both large and small editions), but neither would download.

what video versions should i be looking for?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Great application! I've been using it and loving it.
    A feature request: Is it possible to support faster playback speed of audio podcasts? like 2x speed? This is a feature of iPhone OS 3.0, and I've been using it since it came out.
    Now, regular podcasts sound slow to me. I like being to listen to twice as many podcasts in the same amount of time.
    If this is something PrePod can support, I would be happy as a clam!

Thanks for the great app!
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i tried downloading hak5 (both large and small editions), but neither would download.

what video versions should i be looking for?
    I'm using Large Quick Time and it works well. Here is the url:

Hak5 (Large Quicktime)
    Do you have plans to have the export process backup the feed options and episode title replacements .... if so it will be worth it to go and get all the replacements configured just right.

Thanks again for a great program.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    The real problem with it is it has multiple redirects in the mp3 download. I'm working on fixing this. Same thing with SciAm's 60 second podcast. (really? Downloads for that worked in 0.3.1?)
    Well, not so much "worked" as "appeared to download." With 0.3.1 selecting the download item would change the "available" icon to "downloaded, ready to play" but there wouldn't actually be any content (it'd just try to play a 0 length file i think). With 0.3.3 selecting "download" results in a very brief apparent attempt to download and the icon remains in the "available" state.
    drnull -- I'm loving this project and where it's headed. Thanks for your efforts. I threw a little money in the kitty.
    In laymen terms...will this allow me to stream KSL 1160 AM radio?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erickfield View Post
    In laymen terms...will this allow me to stream KSL 1160 AM radio?
    Short answer, probably not the way you're thinking.

Long answer: KSL provides a podcast feed of their shows: ksl.com - KSL Newsradio: The Podcasts, right click the XML icon beside a feed to copy the address. Once you see what the address is, you can type that into PrePod and then listen to the episodes as soon as they are published (after you refresh). But it won't be "live", the morning show probably isn't available till the afternoon.
    Again great app.I'm still having the issue with errie radio podcast. But it got better from last release. This time it starts downloading. But after the screen times out I get a error saying "there was a problem downloading" I also noticed on some podcast it doesn't want to download the newest one unless I restart the app
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina26 View Post
    This time it starts downloading. But after the screen times out I get a error saying "there was a problem downloading"
    Try keeping the pre plugged in if you are downloading over wifi. I've got a fix in for the next version that I hope will keep wifi on during downloads.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarchant View Post
    Do you have plans to have the export process backup the feed options and episode title replacements ...
    drnull: Did you happen miss this question?
    Okay thanks for the suggestion
    Okay, so with the download thing. I've got two podcasts set to autodownload, and it seems things get confused if I hit refresh and both are new. It's almost like it attempts to download both at the same time, and then gets confused. I think that might possibly be what was having an issue the other night for me. When I downloaded one at a time manually, it downloaded fine... okay not fine, it stopped at about 85% (200 MB out of 230MB) of the way with an error, but I think maybe that was network related.

But when it was one file at a time, the file was growing appropriately. When it was two files at the same time, the QuerySplicedItem file grew to be huge and the video files were both 500 bytes.

But honestly, I'm thinking the Pre just can't handle downloading video podcasts that are that big anyway. I mean the program does a good job at it... the issue is that the Pre is just downloading so damn slow. I'm connected via Wifi, and the Pre download speed maxes out at 700 kbps. Running a similar speedtest via my PC, I get 20mbps. It takes an hour to download what should take five minutes. With that being the case, I think I'll stick to streaming video and not downloading it.
    Excellent App, have enjoyed 3.1 and will be upgrading as soon as the current podcast finishes downloading.