View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 15 of 118 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Awesome app, could you add "control playback with A2DP devices" to the to-do list? No rush, but it'd make the app 100x better for me, I leave my pre on the desk to charge and walk around my office to file/deliver things, so I pause it from the headset.
    Can you add the ability to edit the podcast inside the profile via the launcher menu? Going back to the main PrePod screen shouldn't be necessary.

Thanks. This app rocks. I'm very happy with it.
    Dude... I'm absolutely amazed with your work here. Most useful app on the forums, for me. Even beats My Tether (and that's pretty freaking cool). Thanks
    I have to add that I tried downloading a video podcast overnight last night, and now like everyone else mentioned, it's not doing anything when I hit the play button.
    When my device goes into "sleep" mode it is erroring out during the download of podcasts over Wifi, i've not tried via EVDO though. I was not experiancing any of this on the last version. I have to keep the device awake to download a full episode. These are just Audio podcasts.

That said this is by far my favorite Pre homebrew app, keep up the great work!
    Last edited by jschramm97; 08/02/2009 at 11:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    The latest update 0.3.3 seems great! I love the RegEx-esque replacements for episode titles... awesome!

Also, because of your humble(amazing) little(bigger than it seems) application, it means that I can abandon Apple's iTunes completely and just use DoubleTwist to sync music now! :-)
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atom00 View Post
    My favorite app by far too and look forward to each new update. Two points:

Keithandthegirl.com/rss still not downloading or streaming.

Also I think the individual feed list looks very crowded with the date format and the time. Its just info overload. I think adding the time makes it too crowded. I know you said you like to see all that info but I think for the average user it's not necessary, they just want to know if they have any new podcasts. Maybe as you drill down you get more info about the podcasts. For instance, on the opening pages where all your podcasts ares listed, the most important thing to know what is new. I find all the little icons a little busy. I don't need to know how many total podcasts exist for the entire run until I select it and start drilling down.

Anyway, love the app. This is a minor quibble.
    Feed Validator Results: http://www.keithandthegirl.com/rss/

It seems that the podcast you referenced is not valid, thus the parser of PrePod may be having issues with it. Other parsers may be more liberal, but asking the creators to ensure that their feed validates is really the first step.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    LOVE THIS APP!!!!!!!!!! My favorite app
    I still can't subscribe to the Alex Jones podcast. I'm using http://xml.nfowars.net/alex.rss

Is this not correct? It keeps telling me "invalid URL please retry".
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    http://xml.nfowars.net/alex.rss

This URL gives me a 404. Perhaps you have a typo in the URL?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberon Barnable View Post
    I still can't subscribe to the Alex Jones podcast. I'm using http://xml.nfowars.net/alex.rss

Is this not correct? It keeps telling me "invalid URL please retry".
    you need to put the cap A not the low a on alex. So type http://xml.nfowars.net/Alex.rss
    it work for me after I did that
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jschramm97 View Post
    When my device goes into "sleep" mode it is erroring out during the download of podcasts over Wifi, i've not tried via EVDO though. I was not experiancing any of this on the last version. I have to keep the device awake to download a full episode. These are just Audio podcasts.

That said this is by far my favorite Pre homebrew app, keep up the great work!
    Yea I had to switch to evdo to it can keep downloading, hopefully it can get fix.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    This app sofar has been great, I've used 0.3.1 and 0.3.3 now and have one issue i've run into. The feeds from Scientific American's 60-second Science and Psych downloaded in 0.3.1 but gave what appeared to be empty episodes. With 0.3.3 selecting the Download button appears to download briefly then returns to being a Download button with no error. Looking at the xml and attempting to download the episode mp3s appears to go through several layers of redirects before giving the actual file back, perhaps the redirect support mentioned in the 0.3.3 release notes is the change in behavior I see and it's still not quite working.

The feed I'm trying is: rss.sciam.com/sciam/60secsciencepodcast
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atom00 View Post
    Keithandthegirl.com/rss still not downloading or streaming.

Also I think the individual feed list looks very crowded...
    I'll give keith and the girl a look again, it was working once upon a time. Maybe the cleanup I mentioned fixed stuff. I need a full time tester.
    I think your requests about the looks of the app go in the category of preferences. I'll try to add something to fulfill this down the road, but I understand what you're wanting.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    Awesome app, could you add "control playback with A2DP devices" to the to-do list? No rush, but it'd make the app 100x better for me, I leave my pre on the desk to charge and walk around my office to file/deliver things, so I pause it from the headset.
    Does this work with the standard music player? I've looked into what it will take to support the stock included headphones pause/next track events, and I'll try to get that in relatively soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Can you add the ability to edit the podcast inside the profile via the launcher menu? Going back to the main PrePod screen shouldn't be necessary.
    I think that can be arranged. On the list.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I have to add that I tried downloading a video podcast overnight last night, and now like everyone else mentioned, it's not doing anything when I hit the play button.
    What feed? What episode? Is the file downloaded (i.e., is it visible in Video Player?) Is it playable in Video Player? I'll look into it if you give me some more details.

Quote Originally Posted by jschramm97 View Post
    I think the download problem has been there for a while. I've seen the code I need to add to keep the connection going, the feature is on the list, I just haven't gotten to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gbritton View Post
    The feed I'm trying is: rss.sciam.com/sciam/60secsciencepodcast
    Excellent, another redirection problem. Hopefully this will help me narrow down the problem.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Love the changes in 0.3.3, but I did find one thing that could use some tweaking.

The episode filename replacement is great, and this should be carried over to the episode view. The text above the playbar can get a bit unweildy. Check the engadget podcast for an example. Perhaps there is a way to collapse the episode title to make viewing of the description area below easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Did you have these feeds added in before the upgrade?
    Yep.

If so, try deleting/re-adding them.
    That works. Thankfully, so did rebooting the Pre.

The CNN one works fine for me, how are you trying to play it? Streaming? Download, then play? Via the play button or a dropdown in the episode list or via the play button in the Episode Details (player) screen?
    All work for me now. Thanks! This just became one of my favorite apps -- thanks, Jamie.

Also, I can't seem to get Amplified to play period. Are you sure that video format is supported on the Pre? I'm downloading one of them now, but streaming one gave me an error.

One more EDIT:
    Ok, after downloading it, it seems to play fine. I guess we can't stream that format for some reason.
    Yep, same behavior for me -- downloading works, streaming generates an "error playing back that file".
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    how do you listen to live radio on palm pre? Used to be able to do it with kinoma. Tried mypreradio.com, very limited, most stations do not use that format. needs to be compatable with windows media it seems.
    The limited number of streaming radio stations that will currently work on the Pre was the reason for creation of MyPreRadio.com in the first place -- the website is limited because the list of working stations is limited.

Hopefully the list of working stations will expand exponentially with a firmware upgrade or a better streaming app -- see MyPreRadio.com - Get Help Streaming Online Radio Stations to your Palm Pre for more info.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    +1 and control from the pre earbuds. When I'm at work and someone starts talking to me I have to pull the phone out of my pocket, wake the screen and then pause while the person is standing there waiting. I guess I could just pull the buds out of my ears but it would still be nice to use that clicker.
    What feed? What episode? Is the file downloaded (i.e., is it visible in Video Player?) Is it playable in Video Player? I'll look into it if you give me some more details.
    It looks like I'm getting a QuerySplicedItemContent file which is 230 MB, and then a .m4v file which is 500 bytes.

I'm going to see what happens tomorrow night when there's a new podcast though, it might've just been a download error, but since I've already watched it on my computer anyway, I don't feel like attempting another 230MB download yet.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    drnull,

I had a question and a small bug I've seen...
    The question... How do I clear the list of available podcasts within a feed? For example, Palmcast has ~68 episodes available to download. I'm unlikely to go back and listen to episode 1. How do I clear it entirely? I've marked them all "Listened", but I was wondering how to make the old ones all go away so I can no longer see them.

Second, in some feeds that have a lengthy list of podcasts, when scrolling down the long list and choosing an episode to download, the screen goes blank. If I do a back gesture, I can return to PrePod's main screen and see that the show(s) is downloading. So it seems like the app is working but the display just blanks out.

I've noticed the timing out problem also when using WiFi. But it looks like you're on it

Love the app
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!