View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 14 of 118 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    In case you missed it:

PrePod v0.3.3 (8/1)
    Edit: That's too much to put inline, just go to the first page for updates... And I need to clean that first page up some.
    Last edited by drnull; 08/01/2009 at 07:02 PM.
    Wow, big changes, drnull! FYI...I just upgraded to 0.3.3 and downloaded a video podcast, but instead of launching the video player it merely plays the audio within PrePod. The file downloaded was:

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/abcne...nn_amp_one.m4v

within the following feed:

Amplified

I'll try another one now.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    instead of launching the video player it merely plays the audio within PrePod.

I'll try another one now.
    Same behavior with:

http://rss.cnn.com/~r/services/podca....07.30.cnn.m4v

CNN In Case You Missed It (video)
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Is there any way to set preferences to existing subscriptions? Seems that the only way i can is with a new feed.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Exactly what I was looking for! Great app!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    Odd, I thought I had that working. Bummer, I'll look into it.

EDIT:
    Did you have these feeds added in before the upgrade? If so, try deleting/re-adding them. The CNN one works fine for me, how are you trying to play it? Streaming? Download, then play? Via the play button or a dropdown in the episode list or via the play button in the Episode Details (player) screen?

Also, I can't seem to get Amplified to play period. Are you sure that video format is supported on the Pre? I'm downloading one of them now, but streaming one gave me an error.

One more EDIT:
    Ok, after downloading it, it seems to play fine. I guess we can't stream that format for some reason.

And one last edit:
    If you just refresh, the type should be updated correctly (database backend stuff, you'll see no indication on the front-end), then PrePod should operate properly and launch the video player. (I hope...)

Quote Originally Posted by curiousobserver View Post
    Is there any way to set preferences to existing subscriptions? Seems that the only way i can is with a new feed.
    Yeah, I should make that more obvious. If you tap the mini-icons, you get a popup where you can 1) Mark Listened, or 2) Edit Feed

Btw, there's also a little UI glitch that snuck in... if you listen to an episode without pausing, the "listening" count for the episode can go down by 2.. The count does not persist across restarts of the app, so it's just a little glitch. I'll get it fixed in the next day, and try to get the video issue and anything else that comes up rolled in to 0.3.4.
    Last edited by drnull; 08/01/2009 at 07:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Awesome work. One of the best apps here
    Awesome work will be donating for this great app!
    Jamie: first, thanks so much for the app - it's a fantastic beginning. I'd actually gone back to using my iPod for podcasts, as the default media player in the Pre really doesn't work well at all. Of course, the iPod isn't stellar for them either; your app rocks!

I do have an unusual situation that came up as I was converting my feeds from itunes to prepod. The In Our Time podcast from BBC Radio 4 currently has no items in its feed (In Our Time With Melvyn Bragg). prepod won't let me add the feed - it reports "Error Updating Feed".

I assume the problem will disappear on its own once they start publishing current shows and the feed has items - I'll just need to remember to resubscribe then :-)

Here's the output from /var/log/messages when trying to add the feed:

Code:
    2009-08-02T03:16:43.703177Z [8367] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.drnull.prepod: Error: New Feed URL Request:  downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/iot/rss.xml, file:///var/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.drnull.prepod/index.html:0
    2009-08-02T03:16:44.226615Z [8367] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.drnull.prepod: Error: Update:  In Our Time With Melvyn Bragg ( http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/iot/rss.xml ), file:///var/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.drnull.prepod/index.html:0
    2009-08-02T03:16:44.229239Z [8367] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.drnull.prepod: Error: Error updating feed: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/iot/rss.xml, file:///var/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.drnull.prepod/index.html:0
    one of the best apps ever if the best!!!
    please keep up the fantastic work!!!
    Hello:

Nice job but I am not familiiar with podcasts. By any chance is this capable of streaming live radio from the internet. Used to be able to do this with kinoma.
    how do you listen to live radio on palm pre? Used to be able to do it with kinoma. Tried mypreradio.com, very limited, most stations do not use that format. needs to be compatable with windows media it seems.
    The following cnet video podcasts don't work:
    The Buzz report
    Cnet Prizefight
    First Look

They do work if I go to the actual RSS feed from the Pre web browser.

Check them out:
    Video podcasts - CNET Podcast Central - CNET.com
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Downloaded 0.3.3 and noticed none of my podcasts are streaming anymore. It looks like I can still download but when I hit the play button without downloading, nothing happens.

EDIT: Sorry, everything was just taking an exceptionally long time to load tonight. Still have the episode list funkiness though.

I also noticed this anomaly in one of the episode lists:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by groovy; 08/02/2009 at 12:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Yeah, I should make that more obvious. If you tap the mini-icons, you get a popup where you can 1) Mark Listened, or 2) Edit Feed
    Thanks!!!!
    Streaming video is working for me, I haven't tried downloading the video and then playing it yet.

However, the main scene is still REALLY slow for me. However, once I tap on the list to view the files within the RSS, it's much faster. I wonder if maybe it has something to do with the pictures for the two other feeds I added? One is 1000x1000 and 700kB, and the other is 800x800 and 400kB. If that is possibly why, is there anything that can be done about it?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    The following cnet video podcasts don't work:
    The Buzz report
    Cnet Prizefight
    First Look

They do work if I go to the actual RSS feed from the Pre web browser.
    I'll look into these, I'm having trouble parsing the xml for the rss feed, but it looks fine. Strange.
    EDIT:
    In the meantime... Try clicking on the "View Feed XML" link on those pages, and using the address that goes to. I.e.,
    http://buzzreportpodcast.cnettv.com
    is actually:
    http://feeds2.feedburner.com/cnet/buzzreport
    There is some weird redirection going on here that I need to look into, but this will at least get your feeds added.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    However, the main scene is still REALLY slow for me. However, once I tap on the list to view the files within the RSS, it's much faster. I wonder if maybe it has something to do with the pictures for the two other feeds I added? One is 1000x1000 and 700kB, and the other is 800x800 and 400kB. If that is possibly why, is there anything that can be done about it?
    Ahh, yeah, that's probably bad. Maybe I should add a field to feed configuration for the image path, and for now you can just clear it out.

Quote Originally Posted by TreoCoder View Post
    I assume the problem will disappear on its own once they start publishing current shows and the feed has items - I'll just need to remember to resubscribe then :-)
    Correct, I assume that if I can't find any items then the feed must not be valid.

Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Nice job but I am not familiiar with podcasts. By any chance is this capable of streaming live radio from the internet. Used to be able to do this with kinoma.
    Streaming live radio is something I would like to do as well. However, that is outside the goals of this application. Also, as you mentioned, it seems like not enough formats are supported. It would be nice to have a simple app that has a list of radio address and goes to the player screen when tapped.
    Last edited by drnull; 08/02/2009 at 06:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I also noticed this anomaly in one of the episode lists:
    Got it, thanks, this fix will be in 0.3.4 later today. Also, as to the slow streaming, I need to put a spinner on that page when you are streaming so people know that it is buffering.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    this is by far my favorite homebrew app
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    My favorite app by far too and look forward to each new update. Two points:

Keithandthegirl.com/rss still not downloading or streaming.

Also I think the individual feed list looks very crowded with the date format and the time. Its just info overload. I think adding the time makes it too crowded. I know you said you like to see all that info but I think for the average user it's not necessary, they just want to know if they have any new podcasts. Maybe as you drill down you get more info about the podcasts. For instance, on the opening pages where all your podcasts ares listed, the most important thing to know what is new. I find all the little icons a little busy. I don't need to know how many total podcasts exist for the entire run until I select it and start drilling down.

Anyway, love the app. This is a minor quibble.