View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 13 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Can't seem to get this one to work right? It will play (althought it would freeze up on me at around 10 mins in, then I restarted it and used the slider to start @ the 10min mark, and then again @ 23mins it stopped again. When I hit the download button I get a "there was an error downloading url:http://feeds.twis.org..........(it goes on for a while). Do I need to find a different address? It lists all of the past podcasts so I think its right.

This Week in Science.
    This Week in Science - The Kickass Science Podcast
    This app seems amazing, but it seems to randomly stop playing in the middle of a podcast, even tho the loading bar is wayy ahead of the current position and does not resume even after several minutes? Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    This app seems amazing, but it seems to randomly stop playing in the middle of a podcast, even tho the loading bar is wayy ahead of the current position and does not resume even after several minutes? Anyone else?
    Streaming is uber flaky still. Sorry. I've been focusing on the download-play-delete workflow, and have been putting off troubleshooting of the streaming issues.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    That appears to be just a news rss feed. Try this one instead: [url= Your Mind with R.C. Sproul[/url]
    EDIT: actually, looking more closely at those two feeds, they are different. I don't believe the [url= Ministries Radio Broadcast[/url] page gives the option for a podcast subscription, just a news reader subscription, where you then use their player. This might be something to ask ligonier about.
    Thanks.
    Updated thread title to:
    PrePod v0.3.1 [was v0.3.0] (7/28)

Nice work!

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/31/2009 at 11:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Had to donate. Keep it up.
    Excellent application!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Great app. I've been loving and using it daily. One problem, I'm having trouble with one feed at keithandthegirl.com/rss. I've downloaded and streamed this podcast in the past without a problem and now it no longer works. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling but that didn't help. When I go to download I just got this bluish gray arrow and when I go to play the scrubber bar turns blue but nothing plays.

Anyway, love the app and keep up the good work
    this app rules. it has turned my pre into the device i hoped it was going to be in the first place.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atom00 View Post
    Great app. I've been loving and using it daily. One problem, I'm having trouble with one feed at keithandthegirl.com/rss
    This is one of the podcasts that (like eerieradio) do redirection on the .mp3 files. This should be fixed in the new release (hopefully later today). In the meantime, streaming should work (although, as I have mentioned, streaming can be a little flaky sometimes...)
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    this app rules. it has turned my pre into the device i hoped it was going to be in the first place.
    100% agreed. With this app, I no longer bring my iPod Touch in the car. Podcasts via Prepod, music via Pandora..... Who needs an iPod.
    Now we just need the ability to bookmark within an audiobook
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    100% agreed. With this app, I no longer bring my iPod Touch in the car. Podcasts via Prepod, music via Pandora..... Who needs an iPod.
    Now we just need the ability to bookmark within an audiobook
    Yep, the only thing missing for me is support for audible. Hopefully, audible or a 3rd party will support audible soon.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Because of this app I no longer have a need for my Ipod. This is the best app on the pre in my opinion.
    Last edited by halehouse; 08/01/2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: typo
    Add me to the list of folks hoping for video podcast support. Great app!
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarchant View Post
    I did some checking and it looks like your app is downloading to the /media/internal/downloads path. This is great news for me. I was able to add a video podcast feed to your current app fine and it looks like it's downloading. I'll let you know if it works ... but I'm pretty sure that I can use your app to download ... and as a stop gap just use the built in video play to watch.
    That worked for me although it would be far better to have it stream and play within the PrePod app as they take forever to download (although maintaining the download option is terrific for use on an airplane, etc.). Now if I can just figure out how to delete video from the Pre once I'm done watching it, without having to connect to the PC... Perhaps that ability could be integrated into PrePod once video podcast playing capability is added.
    Last edited by northward; 08/01/2009 at 03:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    That worked for me although it would be far better to have it stream and play within the PrePod app as they take forever to download (although maintaining the download option is terrific for use on an airplane, etc.). Now if I can just figure out how to delete video from the Pre once I'm done watching it, without having to connect to the PC... Perhaps that ability could be integrated into PrePod once video podcast playing capability is added.
    I agree that playing within PrePod is the ideal. However, I find that using PrePod today as a way of managing (downloading, deleting, etc) video podcasts is working well. I use PrePod to download and delete video podcasts just like I use it to download and delete audio podcasts.
    Well, I'm an *****...I somehow missed the ability to delete from within PrePod! That helps immensely. Thanks, rmarchant.
    rmarchant: You have video podcasts working? I can't seem to get any of the feeders to work. Which ones are you watching?
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    rmarchant: You have video podcasts working? I can't seem to get any of the feeders to work. Which ones are you watching?
    Well, I'm not who you asked, but by downloading using PrePod and using the Pre's native video player to watch the video I've got various video podcasts from Fox News, CBS News, ABC News, NBC News and CNN working. I download with PrePod, pull up the videos in the video player's list, then delete using PrePod. A little cumbersome, but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    I'm using several from revision3.com. They are h.264 mp4 video podcasts. Here is the rss feed for the diggnation one:

Diggnation (Large Quicktime)