View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 12 of 118 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Drnull - This continues to be the best app yet. Definitely the one I'm using the most. So, if you're adding auto-download as an option, have you put any thought into adding a banner notification? It would be swell, to know when the app has gotten a new podcast. The other notification use I would love would be some rudimentary podcast controls for when the app is minimized but playing. Even just play and pause would work well.

Anyhow, thanks again for this.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Khidr View Post
    Drnull - This continues to be the best app yet. Definitely the one I'm using the most. So, if you're adding auto-download as an option, have you put any thought into adding a banner notification? It would be swell, to know when the app has gotten a new podcast. The other notification use I would love would be some rudimentary podcast controls for when the app is minimized but playing. Even just play and pause would work well.
    Thanks! Yes, I want to go the notification route, and dashboard controls route for sure. Those both require more research, though. My plan for next release is to have it go ahead and do the auto-downloading, but only when the "refresh" button is pressed. That way, I'll know I have all the code done up right, and everybody can use the functionality. Then, (after shaking out some bugs), I'll delve into making things happen in the background. I'd kinda like to get background playing working first though (so you can navigate around the app and not have to stay on the Episode Details page).

So many features, so little time..
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Ligonier Ministries Radio Broadcast

I would like to able to access this rss as well. It appears to be a .XML file. Again the feed loads fine but I get the URL:Undefined error when I try to download the podcasts.

Thanks again. Great app.
    This is, by far, the most useful homebrew app yet for me. I still haven't got all my podcasts into it yet, without the option to import an OPML it's a quite a pain. I have 20 audio podcasts I listen to, and because I can't straight copy from the IM client(That I can see) I'm limited on the speed of moving over the feeds from Google Reader.

Is it possible to draw some sort of a border on list items so I can tell where the area for the drop down menu begins? I always just tap on the right side, but it feels like I'm tapping the list item itself. Say, if this is how it is now

(Podcast----------O) where Podcast is the title and 0 is the icons. I would like it more like

(Podcast--------(O)) so I have a clear "button" area on the list item. Don't know how possible that is. Or even just a vertical line like

(Podcast---------|O) would work fine if mixed with a change to background color.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jason5391 View Post
    That appears to be just a news rss feed. Try this one instead: Renewing Your Mind with R.C. Sproul
    EDIT: actually, looking more closely at those two feeds, they are different. I don't believe the Lignoier Ministries Radio Broadcast page gives the option for a podcast subscription, just a news reader subscription, where you then use their player. This might be something to ask ligonier about.
    Last edited by drnull; 07/31/2009 at 11:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    That appears to be just a news rss feed. Try this one instead: Renewing Your Mind with R.C. Sproul
    White Horse Inn...Ligonier...do we have fellow Reformed believers in Pre land? Awesome!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    awesome! I never really listened to podcasts on my ipod because i would have to sync it, but this streaming audio from this app has got me on pre 24/7!!!!

thanks so much!

edit:
    i just tried the app out with the palm headphones, and I realized that there was no compatibility with the play/pause button on the headphones. Is there a way you could add this functionality to the app?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chezbi View Post
    i just tried the app out with the palm headphones, and I realized that there was no compatibility with the play/pause button on the headphones. Is there a way you could add this functionality to the app?
    I just need to sit down and plug in those headphones (where in the world did I put them?) and see what event gets thrown. It won't be hard to implement (assuming Palm has exposed the event)
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I like to sync my podcasts with Itunes into my Pre. Will this application be able to play my podcasts from itunes? I do not want to download them.
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dagold View Post
    I like to sync my podcasts with Itunes into my Pre. Will this application be able to play my podcasts from itunes? I do not want to download them.
    I have no intention of going down this route. I can understand the desire to do this, but I'm not sure what this would entail. Sorry!
    Anyone know of where I can get Joel Osteens podcast that will work with this app? The one from his website wont work.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Where can I download Dr. Laura podcast? Do I have to pay to download her podcast or is there a site that I can use with this app?

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Any preferences out there for those buttons? 15/60? 30/90? I like having a short one to go back and catch context after I zone out.
    Haven't got a GSM Pre yet but sounds like we have the same listening habits and a podcatcher is the first app on my list coming from Nokias podcast app.

I vote for 20/60, 20 for zoning out bit and 60 because its easy to keep track of in your head, ie tap twice- 2mins.

OPML import and export is a must at some point and your idea for an unplayed podcast playlist sounds like a good one.

Last suggestion is to set the amount downloads that are active at once, ie 1 or 2 so as not to saturate the connection.

Thanks for efforts.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime7073 View Post
    Where can I download Dr. Laura podcast? Do I have to pay to download her podcast or is there a site that I can use with this app?

Dr. Laura is a paid only podcast, Do you like Dr. Joy Browne?
    The Dr. Joy Browne Show
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I'll answer these two, but let's try to keep this away from generic "where do I find xyz podcast" questions, and more on topic. Maybe a good place for generic podcast questions would be floridadomer's podcast thread
    If you absolutely cannot get help through that thread, or through google, feel free to PM me. (but please exhaust your other options first)

Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    Anyone know of where I can get Joel Osteens podcast that will work with this app? The one from his website wont work.
    Joel Osteen Audio Podcast by Joel Osteen
    About halfway down the page, there's a link to the Podcast Feed URL, which you should be able to copy & paste into PrePod
    http://rss.streamos.com/streamos/rss/genfeed.php?feedid=111&groupname=lakewood

Dr. Laura seems to indicate that you have to be a registered (paying) user of Streamlink. If anyone has links for free podcasts that are username/password protected, I'd love to try them out and see what I would need to add to the player to support that. But I'm not signing up for Streamlink just to develop.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

This podcast is a pay for play service and although they only provides an iTunes link, it possible to reformat the url for other players ie;

itpc://rss.premiereradio.net/podcast/drlaura.xml

http://rss.premiereradio.net/podcast/drlaura.xml

But you still need a user and password and this app doesnt have the capability or UI to handle authentication.

(the dev may add the function at a later date)
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansus View Post
    I vote for 20/60, 20 for zoning out bit and 60 because its easy to keep track of in your head, ie tap twice- 2mins.
    I might have to take this advice... 15 seconds seems to not be enough to convince the audio object that we have moved. Kinda weird... sometimes I'll hit +15 and it will actually go backwards about 2 seconds. I'm going to chalk this up to a bug in WebOS's implementation of the audio object, as I've seen wonky behaviour from the stock Music Player in this aspect as well (hold fast forward, it seems like you're going forward, but you don't sometimes)
    OPML import and export is a must at some point and your idea for an unplayed podcast playlist sounds like a good one.

Last suggestion is to set the amount downloads that are active at once, ie 1 or 2 so as not to saturate the connection.
    OPML import/export is done, and will be in the next version (I know, I know, I keep on saying that).

The downloadmanager service that I am sending download requests to is part of WebOS, and it actually limits the number of active downloads to (wait for it...) 2! So I don't have to do anything to grant this wish.
    I'll put it on the list.
    This is looking good. I can hardly wait to try your new features ... auto download, string replacements, import/export ...etc.

I'd love support for video podcasts ... even if not fully integrated into your app. Would it be hard to allow the app to at least download and manage video podcasts ... but store them in /media/internal/ ... so we could play them with the existing video app? Of course, full playback, bookmarking, etc would be best ... but I know video support is low on your priority list.

Great work. I've made a small donation using your paypal link.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarchant View Post
    I'd love support for video podcasts ... even if not fully integrated into your app. Would it be hard to allow the app to at least download and manage video podcasts ... but store them in /media/internal/ ... so we could play them with the existing video app? Of course, full playback, bookmarking, etc would be best ... but I know video support is low on your priority list.
    Great work. I've made a small donation using your paypal link.
    Thanks!

Yes, it's low on the priority list, but I still think it'd be a cool feature. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how exactly it would look when fully implemented (I'm thinking small video window where the progress scrubber is right now, and you tap it to go full screen), but as a stop gap, having PrePod download the video should be doable.

*sheesh*, and then I bet you're going to want the play button to launch the video player aren't you?
    ... but as a stop gap, having PrePod download the video should be doable.
    I did some checking and it looks like your app is downloading to the /media/internal/downloads path. This is great news for me. I was able to add a video podcast feed to your current app fine and it looks like it's downloading. I'll let you know if it works ... but I'm pretty sure that I can use your app to download ... and as a stop gap just use the built in video play to watch.

*sheesh*, and then I bet you're going to want the play button to launch the video player aren't you?
    of course, and while your at it could you ..... Actually, I'm fine with just the ability to download ... I can use the standard video player until you're ready to do more with video.