webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > drPodder (a.k.a. PrePod)
drPodder (a.k.a. PrePod)
View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)
Yes! I use the catalog version now! 360 61.64%
Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version. 89 15.24%
No. There are no paid apps in my country yet! 42 7.19%
No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free? 39 6.68%
No. Some other reason... 54 9.25%
Voters: 584. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree14Likes

Old 02/07/2012, 05:29 PM   #2321 (permalink)

Haven't found it yet... got frustrated so I put the TP down for now. I will post here if I get it figured out.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2012, 02:46 PM   #2322 (permalink)

I'm running drPodder on my Pre3 and VideoCatcher Delux on my TouchPad. Interestingly, I was able to download a podcast on my TouchPad that I was not on my Pre3. The feed shows the episode, but it is unable to download. I think it is a feedburner feed. I don't know if this will help in the search for the issue.
dgcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2012, 05:47 PM   #2323 (permalink)

hey dgcorn, drpodder and podfrenzy are Mojo apps for the phone and modified to work on the touchpad while videoCatcher was a. Enyo app designed exclusively for the touchpad. The Mojo apps are having trouble downloading podcasts from libsyn. I am working with HP to find a solution.
rawdeadfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by PeterMacSF and OldSkoolVWLover like this.
Old 02/14/2012, 03:17 PM   #2324 (permalink)

after reaching out to palm developer relations, they did some more bug testing and then contacted libsyn (the company that hosts the podcast media files). libsyn went ahead ad patched their system to work-around our problem. the patch was applied this morning and it looks to be working as of sometime between noon and 3 pm ET.

w00t! Thank you Ben Combee of Palm and Libsyn to help us out!!
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Old 02/14/2012, 08:00 PM   #2325 (permalink)

Wow, how unlikely does that seem?
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2012, 09:25 PM   #2326 (permalink)

I confirmed the fix earlier on Pre3 with both DrPodder and podfrenzy.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 02/15/2012, 11:08 AM   #2327 (permalink)

My new problem on drPodder is that it will supposedly download the podcast, but will not play them. I have also tried streaming short 60 sec. podcasts to no avail. The feeds are locating new podcasts and downloading (I found them on the usb partition and they play on my computer), but nothing playing through drPodder. Any ideas?

Last edited by dgcorn; 02/15/2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02/15/2012, 02:14 PM   #2328 (permalink)

last time I had that error it wasn't a dr podder error, but a problem with the media partition. (there is a thread in the Pre3 forums) no audio was playing on the device, ended up doctoring and erasing USB partition. The USB erase is what appeared to fix my device.
Old 02/15/2012, 08:35 PM   #2329 (permalink)

Thanks, VW. Once I saw your post, I checked other things (ringtones, music, free music ringtones) and no sound.. I found and read a couple posts in the Pre3 forum. Doctoring scares the bejesus because I had a nightmare doctor session with my TouchPad which ended in it being shipped back to HP - which is not an option for the Pre3. I realized that I had not rebooted since the initial onset of the problem. Well what do you know - rebooting fixed it (this time). I sure hope it was a minor deal.

Bottom line - having drPodder back is awesome. It is obviously something I take for granted until I can't hear my podcasts.
Old 04/02/2012, 08:30 AM   #2330 (permalink)

how can I mark all as listened, please?

I have this question because I want DrPodder to download all the new podcasts automatically, not limited by numbers of them. but if I add a new feed, it ended up downloading ALL the "new" podcasts... Therefore it would be helpful that I can mark all as listened, and then it will download only when new ones coming up.
gztanwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/02/2012, 11:18 PM   #2331 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gztanwei View Post
how can I mark all as listened, please?

I have this question because I want DrPodder to download all the new podcasts automatically, not limited by numbers of them. but if I add a new feed, it ended up downloading ALL the "new" podcasts... Therefore it would be helpful that I can mark all as listened, and then it will download only when new ones coming up.
menu mark all as old

I usually start a feed not to auto-download then mark all but the newest old
MiDoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2012, 09:20 PM   #2332 (permalink)

where could I get the source codes of this soft, please? I found some places that can improve and I want to see if I can make it with source codes.

Application:PrePod - WebOS Internals
gztanwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2012, 09:26 PM   #2333 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gztanwei View Post
where could I get the source codes of this soft, please? I found some places that can improve and I want to see if I can make it with source codes.

Application:PrePod - WebOS Internals
You may want to work with the developer at Bits of God Software ( you can find them on twitter at @rawdeadfish or @podFrenzy ). because they have taken DrPodder and already made some updates and repackadged it as PodFrenzy (see my webOS Nation article on that: http://www.webosnation.com/quick-app-podfrenzy )

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
Audemars02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2012, 11:21 PM   #2334 (permalink)

i have been very lazy and not put the source on github. give me a couple days and i will upload it post the link.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04/18/2012, 01:50 AM   #2335 (permalink)

The podFrenzy source code is located at http://github.com/bitsofgodsoftware/podFrenzy

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover, uwer and redonk like this.
Old 08/15/2012, 12:50 AM   #2336 (permalink)

Hi everyone. I recently noticed that podcast.de searches in PodFrenzy give a 404 error (URL not found).
It looks like they changed their API.

I found you can restore search functionality by making a change in line 100 of this file:
Code:
feedSearch-assistant.js
which is located in:
Code:
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.bitsofgodsoftware.podfrenzy/app/assistants/
replace
Code:
api.podcast.de
with
Code:
m.podcast.de
in line 100 of the file like so:

Code:
PodcastDeSearch.prototype.url = "http://api.podcast.de/suche/drpodder/?q=#{keyword}";
PodcastDeSearch.prototype.url = "http://m.podcast.de/suche/drpodder/?q=#{keyword}";
I used the excellent Internalz editor to make the change.

This is a quick an dirty fix. It would probably be more desirable to do this the right way e.g. acquire an API key from them, as outlined here Podcast.de API description and make the proper changes to the source code.
Or maybe at least make the change above in the git repository, which I have zero experience with.

Well, anyway I hope someone finds this useful.
Thanked By: WalterZwei
Old 09/15/2012, 08:07 AM   #2337 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Moin everybody,

I use drpodder for some time now and have incorporated some patches (gpodder, that one from uwer above) and the changes for the touchpad made by rawdeadfish for his podfrenzy. And I have made some changes for myself (e.g. new option "play from here", "mark all VISIBLE as old/new"). And I think I have fixed work aroud the non working podtrapper search (btw this is a bug in webOS 2.2.4 and 3.0.x). And I removed the metrix code (I do not like that "phoning home" thing).

I've called that fork "guttenPodder". Is anybody interested in testing that (should run on webOS 1.4.5, 2.2.4 and 3.0.x)?. I've tested it on my Pre3 and on the sdk-emulator. No migration from drpodder/podfrenzy yet. It's alpha, so be backuped. And remember what Al said: "Save often, save early".

http://www.u32.de/download/de.u32.gu..._0.8.4_all.ipk

Gruss,
Walter

Edit: The .ipk-File is now delivered with correct MIME type, so on device installation should work now

Last edited by WalterZwei; 09/17/2012 at 01:58 PM. Reason: MIME repaired
WalterZwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by drnull, juggernaut, OldSkoolVWLover and 2 others like this.
Old 10/07/2012, 04:51 PM   #2338 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

GuttenPodder has now his own thread GuttenPodder - a drPodder fork
and is in the HB repository GuttenPodder | webOS Nation
Old 01/12/2013, 09:26 PM   #2339 (permalink)

Hope I can get help for my most used app. Sorry if this problem has been mentioned but I could not locate it in this long thread.

Was charging my Veer this morning and while using drPodder v0.7.8 (I was hoping to update my feeds), the Veer froze. Had to reboot but then drPodder does not open any more. Gets stuck showing "Loading Episodes". Trying to find an alternative to reinstalling the app since I can't seem to connect to the App Catalog at the moment. Even more so, I would like to keep the history of my feeds. Tried installing GuttenPodder and migrate the feeds using Save/Restore. No luck. GuttenPodder gets stuck showing "Loading Episodes" as well. Reinstalling GuttenPodder rescued the app but no feeds now.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
hangten10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 04:45 PM   #2340 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangten10 View Post
Had to reboot but then drPodder does not open any more. Gets stuck showing "Loading Episodes".
If you getting stuck during the loading scene, log entrys could help diagnostic it. Use Lumberjack <https://github.com/webos-internals/lumberjack> for this. Install it via preware and look into the GuttenPodder log for errors. (" error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of undefined " can be ignored)

hth,
Walter

Tags
drpodder

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0