View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 116 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    MiDoJo, thanks for the suggestion. Using Internalz, I found the drPodder and drPodder-HB folders in saverestore. I deleted the drPodder folder and renamed the -HB folder to drPodder. Went back to Save/Restore and restored the drPodder folder. Voila! My feds are back!

Thanks! Score one more for this community :-)
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Do you know if there would be a possibility to add a different type of playback to a dynamic playlist, something like that:
    - It will play the podcasts in the order we sort them in the main list
    - Then for each podcast, play the available ones the way we would configure the feed to do so (oldest or newest first)

So for example, if I have the following feeds:
    - NPR Hourly (keep 1 episode)
    - CBS (keep 1 episode)
    - BBC World (keep 4 episode, oldest first)
    - BBC Business (keep 2 episodes, newest first)

Then the dynamic playlist would play in that order:

- NPR Hourly
    - CBS
    - BBC World
    - 3 days ago
    - 2 days ago
    - 1 day ago
    - Today
    - BBC Business (keep 2 episodes, newest first)
    - Today
    - 1 day

It would behave similarly to what Stitcher does.
    And with the recent changes with some Stitcher feeds not working on 3G, that would make drPodder even more of a perfect replacement!
    Anyone having issues downloading podcasts? All the sudden this morning Pre3 downloads for a second then ends up in a empty file.

I still can stream and was able to download a video podcast.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I was attempting to play a previously downloaded podcast this morning and it failed to bookmark twice when I had to turn it off. Pre3 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Anyone having issues downloading podcasts? All the sudden this morning Pre3 downloads for a second then ends up in a empty file.

Same here. Is it a libsyn feed that's giving you a problem? (I've got a bad feeling about this...)

Bob
    So far I have confirmed feedburner, someone on twitter is having problems with one feedburner feed and another feed.

So far, no matter what variables I change, it is the same feeds not downloading. Multiple reinstalls, different devices, adding the feed fresh after reinstall instead of using Save/Restore.

My only thought is it has to be feed side, but weird that multiple feed sources went down on the same day.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I thought I was also having a problem with a feedproxy feed, but it turned out to be redirected to libsyn.

It might be interesting if you run the URLs for the .mp3 files that your problem feeds point to through web-sniffer.net and see if any ultimately resolve to a common source.

I agree it would be weird if the problem suddenly cropped up on two separate feeds.

Yours in worry....
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post

I had the same problem today, although I can't even stream.
    I can stream, but I have 3 feeds so far that say they are "corrupted" when I download them.
    Blah this is frustrating... really don't want to waste time this weekend looking for a work around. Day 2 now... no downloading.
    No problems here. Daily streaming/downloads on Pre3.
    Correction: The direct libsyn feed I was having problems with is now also working in Dr. Podder, but the re-direct to libsyn (via feedproxy) isn't. The earlier episodes on the direct libsyn feed are still not downloadable, but the newest is, so I've got my fingers crossed this was a temporary glitch and the other will clear up with the next episode.

I installed PodFrenzy and it can download some of the feeds that stopped downloading correctly for me.

The ones I'm having problems with seem to be libsyn or re-directs to libsyn. The former seem to be working again (limited testing).

Bob
    Last edited by BobVA; 02/03/2012 at 06:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Can someone tell me how to delete a feed from the feed list?
    In the list of feeds, swipe left to right or right to left on the feed you want to remove.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks, that worked
    No downloading on at least 5 feeds now, and at least 3 I can't even stream. How do we fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    No downloading on at least 5 feeds now, and at least 3 I can't even stream. How do we fix this?
    I think this a some new variant of the "libsyn" bug, which caused WebOS problems a while back. Jamie coded a work-around until it got fixed in the OS.

Unless somebody wants to dive into the code, or convince Jamie to do some emergency pro bono surgery, we may be out of luck.

I bought PodFrenzy hoping the developer might respond to a bug report. Haven't heard back yet.

Bob
    So, there really isn't going to be a fix? I can't wait to get my new device in a month then. I guess Android here I come. Hopefully, there's a good podcatcher on Android.
    Just an update, the developer of podfrenzy has confirmed this is a libsyn issue. Looks like it might be a file naming issue.

I also confirmed that I could download a libsyn mp3 via TouchPad browser. I am currently poking around in dr podder via internalz attempting to comment out the offending piece of code.

the podfrenzy dev said he would get back to me when he finds the issue.

look at that, not even on purpose... a helpful post for post 5000
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    If you find the piece of code, let me know. I'll do the same.