View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 114 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    I noticed that the video player in webOS 2.1 now remembers where I left off, so I can now watch and then pickup easily @ a later time!!! Can this feature be added into drPodder? Hopefully it wouldn't make it only work on 2.1? But, I would really like to have bookmarking for my video podcasts? Thoughts?

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    after I Met doctored my pre plus to 2.1 I cannot stream any podcasts... Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Any idea why the past few episodes of Engadget Mobil Podcast will not play in DrPodder? They play fine in Windows Media Player when downloaded to WXPsp3.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    When I try to download a podcast from the feed page, it shows the busy icon for about five seconds, and then fails silently - the red X changes back to a green arrow. Streaming it seems to work; I'm ten minutes in with no problems. Other feeds work.

I don't know enough about RSS to be able to identify an enclosure being included correctly. Is this behavior a symptom of the enclosure problem (declanoshaughnessy et al?) or something different? Is there a way to turn on verbose error messages so I can track down the problem myself, or at least be more helpful here?

The RSS feed is DDOCast, hosted at Cyberears - forum rules prohibit me from posting the URL.

(drnull, love the app. One of two I've paid for in the nearly two years of owning a pre.)

Thanks.
    Is there anyway I can setup a continuous playlist with dr podder? I'd like to be able to listen to a number of podcasts in a row while I work without having to pull my phone out each time a podcast ends.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharg View Post
    Is there anyway I can setup a continuous playlist with dr podder? I'd like to be able to listen to a number of podcasts in a row while I work without having to pull my phone out each time a podcast ends.
    When you hit the caption bar (very top of the screen), you get the option to Play from Top or Play from Bottom. This will allow for continuous playback.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Divide By Zero View Post
    When I try to download a podcast from the feed page, it shows the busy icon for about five seconds, and then fails silently - the red X changes back to a green arrow. Streaming it seems to work; I'm ten minutes in with no problems. Other feeds work.

I don't know enough about RSS to be able to identify an enclosure being included correctly. Is this behavior a symptom of the enclosure problem (declanoshaughnessy et al?) or something different? Is there a way to turn on verbose error messages so I can track down the problem myself, or at least be more helpful here?

The RSS feed is DDOCast, hosted at Cyberears - forum rules prohibit me from posting the URL.

(drnull, love the app. One of two I've paid for in the nearly two years of owning a pre.)

Thanks.
    I am having a similar issue with some, but not all of my feeds. These podcasts downloaded without an issue for several months, then all of the sudden stopped downloading. I tried deleting one and adding it again, but the issue remains.

Figured out my issue. It is impossible to download additional podcasts when your hard drive is full!
    Last edited by dgcorn; 03/23/2011 at 08:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    i cant find it but is there a way to copy podcasts from one pre to another i just got a new pre and i had 4 GB worth of podcasts saved on dr. podder. Any help please thanks.
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    i cant find it but is there a way to copy podcasts from one pre to another i just got a new pre and i had 4 GB worth of podcasts saved on dr. podder. Any help please thanks.
    There are two different things to copy. One is the actual feeds which you can do via Save/Restore if you know that backup app, or you can also go to the drPodder app menu, select OPML, and then export them to yourself via e-mail. On the new Pre, you'll then either restore your feeds via Save/Restore or again go to the app menu, choose OPML, and then import your feeds.

For the actual podcasts you had already downloaded, you can put your Pre in USB mode, go to the drPodder folder, and then copy that to your computer. Next, put your new Pre in USB mode, and copy the drPodder folder onto the new Pre.

I hope this helps and adequately explains what steps you should take. The whole process should go smoothly and leave your new Pre in exactly the same state as the old Pre (with regards to drPodder of course!).
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I added a new podcast, but they don't show up under the ALL category (which is set to view all downloaded eps). Anyone know how to address this?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    schlk21, looks like this post might be about the same thing.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2888537

Does that fix your issue?
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    I am using drPodder 0.7.7 and all of the sudden the app gets stuck on trying to retrieve podcasts from spectrum.ieee.org/podcast/rss. drPodder use to pull down podcasts from this syndication for months now it can't. I deleted the entry and re-added it with no improvement. iTunes does not have a problem with the feed so I know that the problem is not on the feed side. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    What happened to hiding the podcast from the music apps option? Using and have both catalog and HB version of DrPodder on a Sprint Pre Minus on 2.1.0
  14. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    What happened to hiding the podcast from the music apps option? Using and have both catalog and HB version of DrPodder on a Sprint Pre Minus on 2.1.0
    From the main screen, make a long tap (hold tap for a moment, not a short tap) on the right side of the feed you want to "hide", and select "edit feed". Hide Podcast Files will be one of the options listed there.
    Sometimes I can't seem to delete a downloaded podcast episode. I slide to the right, get the delete/cancel buttons, tap delete, it goes away, then it pops right back in. Why? What am I doing wrong? I have v0.7.8.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I believe we are all gadget freaks here, I just found Joshua Topolsky, Nilay Patel, and Paul Miller's new podcast.

This is my next Podcast
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    After using both the free and paid versions of drPodder for several months, I've finally gotten around to playing around with playlists. As a result, I wish that there was a View: Downloaded & New option that I believe would only list podcasts that were downloaded and where listening hadn't been completed (i.e., podcasts that have a "play" status circle).

Thanks for my favorite webOS app!
    Last edited by UncaAndoo; 04/29/2011 at 02:38 PM.
    frankos72 likes this.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Sometimes I can't seem to delete a downloaded podcast episode. I slide to the right, get the delete/cancel buttons, tap delete, it goes away, then it pops right back in. Why? What am I doing wrong? I have v0.7.8.
    Is the status circle gray? If so, then it IS deleted, and drPodder is simply letting you know that a podcast exists for that feed.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    what's the easiest way to transfer all the podcasts and feed info from the hb version to the paid app version?
  20. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    what's the easiest way to transfer all the podcasts and feed info from the hb version to the paid app version?
    To copy the feeds from the hb to the paid app version, open the hb app, open the menu (upper left-hand corner), select OPML, and choose export via e-mail to send yourself the xml file containing your feeds (unless, of course, you already have Save/Restore installed, in which case you can just use that). Save the xml file on your phone, and then open the paid app, open the menu, select OPML again, and then choose Import from drpodder.xml. That should get your feeds in the paid app.

The already downloaded podcasts should, I believe, automatically be recognized by the paid app version with no action necessary on your part since they are already on the phone, and the two versions use the same directory structures so far as I understand. If there's any problem with the paid app finding your already existing podcasts, just put the phone in usb mode and move them to the appropriate folder, but I don't think you'll need to do anything as they should be automatically found by the paid app once you import the xml file.