View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 113 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    any reason why the latest engadget podcast wont stream/download/play, but i can hit the mp3 link and it will play in the phones player?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rendernyc View Post
    any reason why the latest engadget podcast wont stream/download/play, but i can hit the mp3 link and it will play in the phones player?
    There is an error in the Engadget feed.

Twitter

I can't believe they never fixed it. *sigh* I guess that few people use mp3 feeds, the majority of folks are fine with the aac feed. It'd be nice to have better codec support in future webOS devices.
    I've been having an issue for the last week where when I go into the playlist where all of my feeds are and do an update, the phone complete freezes up. It actually does it sometimes just having only the app running. I've had to pop the battery to do a hard reset 6 times today. I love this app, but this is killing me. I listen to 3-5 podcasts a day.

Make it 7 times today. I think it's one of my feeds that's hanging. I'm going to delete it and see what happens. This is truly irritating.
    Last edited by bcumings; 02/11/2011 at 05:15 PM.
    I have same problem as bcumings. But seems like its because of DemocracyNow! feed. If i delete it everything works fine..
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    I've been having an issue for the last week where when I go into the playlist where all of my feeds are and do an update, the phone complete freezes up. It actually does it sometimes just having only the app running. I've had to pop the battery to do a hard reset 6 times today. I love this app, but this is killing me. I listen to 3-5 podcasts a day.

Make it 7 times today. I think it's one of my feeds that's hanging. I'm going to delete it and see what happens. This is truly irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    I have same problem as bcumings. But seems like its because of DemocracyNow! feed. If i delete it everything works fine..
    If you select "Report a problem" from the feed list view, it will create an email to support@drpodder.com with the url's of your feeds. I can look into them and see which one might be causing it if you're having trouble narrowing it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    If you select "Report a problem" ...
    Hi,

I would love to, but after I deleted DemocracyNow! podcast it doesnt let me add it again (it actually does, but froze when it starts downloading it and I have to reset the phone).

Same for search via Search Directory and PodTrapper ("democracynow" query, audio version, second result in PodTrapper). Feed url seems to be: Democracy Now! Audio
    I would agree it was Democracy Now feed. I too have deleted and had no problems since.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Dang, I came here seeing if there was a fix for the Democracy now issue. I am going to be without my news till this is fixed
  9. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aliatgb View Post
    Dang, I came here seeing if there was a fix for the Democracy now issue. I am going to be without my news till this is fixed
    If it makes you feel any better, that website doesn't really contain *news*.

Well this website is #1 news source for me Its fresh wind of informations here in Czech republic where all news in general media are about car crashes, some old farts in parliament talking nonsense, sweaty athletes and something that supposed to be loveable animals.
    Sorry for offtopic - any solution for their feed?
  11. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Well this website is #1 news source for me Its fresh wind of informations here in Czech republic where all news in general media are about car crashes, some old farts in parliament talking nonsense, sweaty athletes and something that supposed to be loveable animals.
    Sorry for offtopic - any solution for their feed?
    Ha ha... good point! In the US, they are known as left-leaning opinion... but given the history of the Czech Republic, "left-leaning" could have a completely different meaning .

Sorry, no solution though.
    They are probably left-leaning if it comes to US news but they also report world news. And I like the way they do it - not supercomprehensive and not flashy (thats probably not right word, obviously english is not my first language ). They seem to be very good if you are interested in nature, human rights or any activism for that matter. Finally - there is no such source here - things like BP oil spill were reported for few days and we havent heared about Haiti for months.. In globalized world we live in I dont find local news really valueable.
    Last edited by tr47; 02/17/2011 at 07:15 AM.
    The Democracy Now! podcast is back and working. I manually entered the url. I'd done it before, but it was an issue. This time it worked. Thanks, if you did anything to fix it.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Any idea what is wrong with the last 2 issues (134 and 135) of the PreCentral Podcast? I know it is not DrPodder's problem but it is annoying that one of the few WebOS Podcasts cannot be steamed to WebOS devices.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Yup...I agree. Very frustrating that our very own PreCentral podcast is not sync'ing with our favourite podcatcher.
    Right there with you all on that as it's the one thing i listen to on the way to a client 70 miles away
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Sorry, there's not much I can do when libsyn (yes, libsyn AGAIN) is not putting enclosures into the feed xml properly. However, if you have command line access to your webOS device and really have to have the episode in drPodder (instead of just downloading it from the web browser and listening in music player or streaming from the web browser) then this will get you by:

Close drPodder, then run the following (replacing drpodder-hb with drpodder if you are running the app catalog version):
    Code:
    sqlite3 /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.drnull.drpodder-hb_0/*.db
    update episode set enclosure='http://traffic.libsyn.com/treocentral/palmcast135.mp3' where title like 'PalmCast Episode 135 %';
    .exit
    This will fix episode 135. I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to fix episode 134...
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Both episodes have been fixed by PreCentral.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I've been using DrPodder since the early homebrew days (on the app catalog version now) ... far and away the best mobile podcatcher I've ever used!

Finally ran into an issue, though. The last 2 podcasts I added ... they have new episodes downloaded. When you are in the feed list mode, you can see they have new episodes. When you click on the feed, you can play the new episodes just fine. The problem is that they don't show up in the "ALL" view, where you can see ALL new episodes. Any idea what this could be?

They have downloaded, are marked as new, and play fine. They just don't show up in the ALL view. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by trippcook View Post
    They have downloaded, are marked as new, and play fine. They just don't show up in the ALL view. Any ideas?
    That has happened to me a few times as well. A quick fix is to delete (swipe away) the dynamic playlist called ALL and create a new one: tap the New (+) button in the main view and choose Dynamic Playlist. Choose: Title=ALL, Include All Feeds=On. Swipe back and you're done.

This doesn't remove the origin of the problem, but it only takes a few seconds to fix once you know how.