View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 112 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    That was it! a "long tap" as i call it. Many thanks!
    Did anybody else get a bunch of spurious Palmcasts from Precentral today?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I did receive a handful yesterday, and immediately removed all but the latest. Today I did a refresh and did not pick up any. Must have been a glitch on Precentral.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    hi there,
    i boughed drpodder from the store and have a question. I am using drpodder for filmtrailer.com and i am asking myself if it is possible to make drpodder not start the videos when i click the feed. I would like first to read the infopage and thab too choose if i want to dl and watch it
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    hi there,
    i boughed drpodder from the store and have a question. I am using drpodder for filmtrailer.com and i am asking myself if it is possible to make drpodder not start the videos when i click the feed. I would like first to read the infopage and thab too choose if i want to dl and watch it
    If you "long tap" the episode (tap and hold momentarily), rather than just "clicking" the episode, you will get a menu pop up that allows you to view "Episode Details" amongst other additional choices.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I am using drPodder HB. Is there a way to force the feeds to re-download the "album art"? I remembered to use Save/Restore to save my info when switching Pres, but forgot that I would also probably want the drPodder directory as well. I would like to not have to delete and re-add all my feeds if possible. Thanks!
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyRogue View Post
    I am using drPodder HB. Is there a way to force the feeds to re-download the "album art"? I remembered to use Save/Restore to save my info when switching Pres, but forgot that I would also probably want the drPodder directory as well. I would like to not have to delete and re-add all my feeds if possible. Thanks!
    You can add the "album art" yourself without the need to remove and then re-add a feed by just editing the particular feed. Just save/upload the desired album to your phone, and then under the "icon" section for that particular podcast, you specify where the "album art" is located (i.e. - "/drPodder/.albumArt/AlbumArt.jpg").
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyRogue View Post
    I just noticed a bug yesterday where you can't simple clear out the Album Art field anymore, as that change won't "stick". That would be the process if the bug wasn't there, though - to edit each feed and clear the Album Art field, then update all feeds. That would cause each feed to re-download its album artwork.

However, since that doesn't work, you can do the following (if you're comfortable with running shell commands on your phone):
    • [close drPodder]
    • cd /media/internal/.app-storage/file_media_cryptofs_apps_usr_palm_applications_com.drnull.drpodder-hb_0
    • sqlite *.db
    • update feed set albumArt = '';
    • .exit

When you relaunch drPodder, update all feeds. This should cause it to re-download the album art.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    If you "long tap" the episode (tap and hold momentarily), rather than just "clicking" the episode, you will get a menu pop up that allows you to view "Episode Details" amongst other additional choices.
    thank you. Is there a way to change this behaviour? What is the option hide files for?
  10. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    thank you. Is there a way to change this behaviour? What is the option hide files for?
    To change the long tap/short tap behavior? I don't believe so....

As far as the option for hide files, that is so that a Music Player on the phone won't recognize your podcast files. This is useful, for example, if you frequently set your music app to shuffle through all the songs you have on the device, but you don't want your podcasts played as well. If you set DrPodder to hide files, they'll still play exactly the same way in DrPodder, they just won't show up in your music apps.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Turn off One Touch in the preferences
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    Turn off One Touch in the preferences
    Amusing, you knew something about drPodder that the developer had forgotten. I was thinking to myself "Yeah, I guess there's not... oh well".

Now if he was wanting to change what the default one-tap action was, no, there isn't a way to do that. I'd like to rework some of the preferences someday, but I just don't like there being pages and pages of options to set/change (and keep track of and test on the development end!) We'll see.
    thank yous so much, now it is perfect ;-)
    Hi there, I'm using 0.7.8 (app catalog version). Twice in the last couple of days, podcasts that I have downloaded show as new podcasts to be redownloaded even though they're still on the device. This only occurred at times when I had closed the app and then eventually reopened to find the podcasts not showing up (other than verifying in internalz the files were still there. Thoughts on why this would occur?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Hi there, I'm using 0.7.8 (app catalog version). Twice in the last couple of days, podcasts that I have downloaded show as new podcasts to be redownloaded even though they're still on the device. This only occurred at times when I had closed the app and then eventually reopened to find the podcasts not showing up (other than verifying in internalz the files were still there. Thoughts on why this would occur?
    Any chance you hooked up the phone in USB drive mode between the time you opened drPodder and when you downloaded the podcasts? Additionally, what feeds were they from?
    hey drnull,

yes, usb drive mode I had done at ome stage that may have coincided. Buzz Out Loud was definitely one of them. Not sure of the other.

thanks
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    yes, usb drive mode I had done at ome stage that may have coincided. Buzz Out Loud was definitely one of them. Not sure of the other.
    Thanks for the feedback. I think hooking up the phone in USB mode causes the db connection to be dropped, and I never reopen it. I guess that's something I'll have to fix someday... For now, just exit drPodder before going into USB mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I think hooking up the phone in USB mode causes the db connection to be dropped, and I never reopen it. I guess that's something I'll have to fix someday... For now, just exit drPodder before going into USB mode.
    Cool, will do, thx.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I'ts a great app I've been using for a long time!

It's always open in my Pre.

Please, make it available at the App Catalog in Mexico.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    I just noticed a bug yesterday where you can't simple clear out the Album Art field anymore, as that change won't "stick". That would be the process if the bug wasn't there, though - to edit each feed and clear the Album Art field, then update all feeds. That would cause each feed to re-download its album artwork.

However, since that doesn't work, you can do the following (if you're comfortable with running shell commands on your phone):
    • [close drPodder]
    • cd /media/internal/.app-storage/file_media_cryptofs_apps_usr_palm_applications_com.drnull.drpodder-hb_0
    • sqlite *.db
    • update feed set albumArt = '';
    • .exit

When you relaunch drPodder, update all feeds. This should cause it to re-download the album art.
    This did it, once I learned a lot more than I thought I ever would about my phone, linux, and how to edit SQLite databases (but that is part of the fun IMO). Thanks!