View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 111 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    No worries. It's a long thread.

Not on launch, but you can have them re(fre)sh on a schedule. From the main scene, pull down the top-left menu, go into preferences and set Auto Update to On. You can then set the schedule.

From within each feed, you can specify whether or not the enclosures are also downloaded when the auto update runs.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Fantastic. Thanks for the reply. Does the app have to be open?
    The card does not need to be open. Mine updates in the wee hours of the morning, so I never actually see it. If I recall, the update process just launches itself in the dashboard. I don't think it launches the card. In either event, you definitely do not have to have it open for the update to run.

If you have the "DL over WiFi only" option set to yes, you have feeds set to auto-download enclosures, and WiFi is not available when the update runs, then you'll have a dashboard notification telling you how many downloads are pending. If that is set to no, or if WiFi was present, then you just have a dashboard notification telling you there are new episodes available.
    Perfect! Is there a reason why the app cant update on open or is it just a ui design choice (which i perfectly understand no one likes to wait).
    My guess would be ui choice. NewsRoom does that, and I've always found it rather annoying. drNull can tell you for sure though the next time he pops in here.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Yep, it's pretty much just a UI choice. You can tap the refresh icon when drPodder starts, but for the most part, I think people just update overnight and leave it at that. I have received a request or two for an option to auto-update on open, though. I doubt I'll ever add it, as the preferences screen is getting kinda heavy as is, but you never know.
    Cool i appreciate the Confirmation. I would like the update on open but i do not carry a lot of podcasts. I could see if you had 10 plus updating on every open that it could be annoying. I use drPodder when driving so it would be nice to have the latest Espn podcast up to date with out having to update manually up i guess i am just being lazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Cool i appreciate the Confirmation. I would like the update on open but i do not carry a lot of podcasts. I could see if you had 10 plus updating on every open that it could be annoying. I use drPodder when driving so it would be nice to have the latest Espn podcast up to date with out having to update manually up i guess i am just being lazy
    I have the same use schedule, so I have mine update every 12hours at 5am and 5pm, both about an hour ahead of my usual (earliest) commute!! Works great and no need to wait on the download when I open DrPodder.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I have the same use schedule, so I have mine update every 12hours at 5am and 5pm, both about an hour ahead of my usual (earliest) commute!! Works great and no need to wait on the download when I open DrPodder.
    Good call. I had it set for a 5pm update, but i could see how a 5amer could help. Mike and Mike on the way home and PTI on the way to work
    is the current version coming to the market soon? ever since i got my pre2 drpodder is not working on my phone
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanL View Post
    is the current version coming to the market soon? ever since i got my pre2 drpodder is not working on my phone
    Yes. I submitted the update to Palm on Friday, but there were some sumbission system issues. Turned out to be a good thing because I found other problems with localization in the meantime.

So I submitted an updated version yesterday. They typically take a few business days to check updates, so I would expect the update to be in the catalog by the mid to later portion of this week.

This update also solves the "hanging at loading episodes" issue that has been so popular. (finally)
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    drnull,

I would like to request a feature (and it actually might be in discussion right now, from my quick scan of the last few messages).

I would like to be able to select a mp3 file that is located on my Pre in the USB Partition and not necessarily in the drpodder folder/directory.

I have recently converted all my Audible files (audio books) into mp3's so that I can easily play them on the Pre. The Audible Player in Classic mode is just not doing it for me.

Everyone knows how hard we tried to talk Audible into making a player for WebOS but we just don't have the numbers yet for them to invest in it. I think they finally came out with an Android version, so that's a hopeful sign.

Anyway, I have tried the other music players to play the audible mp3 files and I'm just not comfortable with them yet. Seems like they do so much and that's great, but I just wanted something simple.

drpodder plays the downloaded podcasts which are in mp3 format, and play terrific for me (even with some of the issues, like cutting off when there is still 30 seconds left). I know that's not drpodder's fault here.

But what I do like is the ability for drpodder to instantly bookmark even if I quickly close out the app. Then when I restart drpodder it picks up where it left off perfectly (it plays about 30 seconds prior to where it left off, which is wonderful thing too).

So the bookmarking alone is why I want drpodder to allow me to open and play any mp3 that is located on the USB partition (or whatever directory drnull deems as appropriate). . .

Rob
    When DrPodder first started and it was called PrePod, I was able to view other files and use them from DrPodder. Can you put that capability back in. Not having a reliable way to listen to my audio books and not having navigable NIV Bible software on the Pre are the last two things that I'm missing for an absolutely enjoyable experience. Thus, please add me to Rob's request.
    since i read about the localisation issues i switched my phone from german to english. drpodder works now. Cant wait to switch it back to german

Tanks for the update.
    Hi there. Since I updated drPodder HB to v0.7.5, the application doesn't start at all. When I tap the app in the launcher, the new card appears (BTW, the app icon has changed to a greenish moon. Is that normal?) but the app never starts. I tried rebooting the device and reinstalling the app, without success. I'm using webOS 1.4.5 in a spanish Pre. Any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: Sorry, I read about the localisation issues on the previous post from StefanL. Switching the phone to English interface fixed the problem as well. I hope this issue is fixed in future versions.
    Last edited by Professore; 01/16/2011 at 01:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Professore View Post
    Hi there. Since I updated drPodder HB to v0.7.5, the application doesn't start at all. When I tap the app in the launcher, the new card appears (BTW, the app icon has changed to a greenish moon. Is that normal?) but the app never starts. I tried rebooting the device and reinstalling the app, without success. I'm using webOS 1.4.5 in a spanish Pre. Any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: Sorry, I read about the localisation issues on the previous post from StefanL. Switching the phone to English interface fixed the problem as well. I hope this issue is fixed in future versions.
    Argh, thanks for the information, Professore. This was a related to a change I put in to get past Palm's updated submission system, which, arguably, is broken. They're requiring an index.html in each of the localization folders, which is silly (anybody who has developed an app would agree, index.html doesn't need to be localized, it has no user-facing functionality).

But my bad for not fully testing this. I had no idea it would change functionality this severely. I'll get an updated version up soon. But good catch, that green moon is not normal and means that something is broken (and including that detail helped me know what the problem was).
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    FYI, update submitted, again, after the feeds update. Professore, please let me know if 0.7.7 runs better in Spanish mode.

Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    drPodder v0.7.7 (1/16)
    • Yet another webOS 2.0 localization bug (sorry!)
    • Preferences formatting cleaned up (thanks Oil!)
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    FYI, update submitted, again, after the feeds update. Professore, please let me know if 0.7.7 runs better in Spanish mode.
    Hi! Good job, drnull. Version 0.7.7 seems to work fine in Spanish mode (and the proper app icon is back). Great! (anyway, I wouldn't have minded at all using my Pre in English mode. This app is worth)
    Hi drnull,

I see you are updating drPodder a lot. Is there any chance for "new podcast avaiable to download" notification as we discussed before?

Thx for consideration
    Hi everyone,
    I searched the thread and was unable to find an answer. I apologize if this was answered already.

Is there a way to force the app to re-download an episode? On occasion the download gets corrupted and its not able to play the file.

Is the best way to just kill the feed, and add it again? I am trying to avoid that so that I don't lose my "place".

Also, is there a way that (once I have the .db file on my computer) I can access the database? Maybe I can just reset the flag myself.

Thanks!

P.S. drnull - thanks for making this app. It's my most used app.
  20. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt027 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I searched the thread and was unable to find an answer. I apologize if this was answered already.

Is there a way to force the app to re-download an episode? On occasion the download gets corrupted and its not able to play the file.

Is the best way to just kill the feed, and add it again? I am trying to avoid that so that I don't lose my "place".

Also, is there a way that (once I have the .db file on my computer) I can access the database? Maybe I can just reset the flag myself.

Thanks!

P.S. drnull - thanks for making this app. It's my most used app.
    Open the app, and in the feed for that particular podcast, just swipe the specific episode off the screen to delete it, and then click the View button in the lower left corner of the screen and set it to ALL (I'm assuming you have it defaulting to New). Next find the particular episode you just deleted, hold your finger on the episode for longer than just a quick tap (hold on the episode - sorry I'm not quite sure how else to describe it), and then when you release your "tap", you'll have a choice to Download the episode again. I hope this makes sense?