View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

    360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

    89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

    42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

    39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

    54 9.25%
Page 110 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1060100105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #2181  
    Feature request:

    Continue playing current podcast while browsing your podcast list.


    I love this app, and this is really the only thing that I would really want added
  2. MiDoJo's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #2182  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lingo View Post
    Feature request:

    Continue playing current podcast while browsing your podcast list.


    I love this app, and this is really the only thing that I would really want added
    DrNull has already said that this feature is in the works.

    Dr Null, (as I also asked on twitter), can you look at PreNotes' CES podcast feed and maybe shed light on why only the last episode shows? (figured maybe we could get it figured out in time for the CES2011 show CES Update
  3. #2183  
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    DrNull has already said that this feature is in the works.
    Thanks! Sorry for the n00b move. It just jumped in my head and I reacted before looking
  4. #2184  
    Hi,

    I'm a huge fan of Dr. Podder and have been using it since I got my Pre in October 2009. Over the last week or so though, a couple of problems have started occuring for me.

    Firstly, I can no longer download podcasts from the Guardian website. Every time I try to download a podcast from any of their feeds, it fails. This has only started happening in the last week or so.

    Secondly, when I try to stream the episodes instead, the feed works fine. However, the streaming cuts out after 2 minutes 30 seconds or so, and I have to restart the process over. This happens every 2.5 minutes for however long I'm listening to the podcast for!

    I know that neither of the above problems might be the fault of Dr. Podder (could be Pre problems or data problems on my O2 network), but I'm not sure how to check this.

    Kind regards,

    Declan.
  5. #2185  
    Declan, could you post the URL that you use to subscribe to the podcast that's giving you problems?
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
  6. #2186  
    The system won't let me post URLs until I hit 5 posts (!), but basically it's any podcast from the Guardian's audio website (ends in .co.uk), and the feeds themselves are .xml URLs.
  7. RDS
    RDS is offline
    RDS's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #2187  
    I am facing the exact same problem. None of the Guardian podcasts will download
  8. #2188  
    Hi there,

    I have one podcast feed where the "hide files from OS" flag isn't working. The files are ending up in /media/internal/downloads and not /media/internals/drPodder.

    I've tried exporting the feeds to xml and re-importing - didn't help.

    Here's the xml:
    Fresh Air is hidden, Wait Wait is the problem:

    Code:
    <outline text='NPR: Wait Wait... Don&apos;t Tell Me! Podcast' type='rss' xmlUrl='http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=35' autoDownload='1' autoDelete='1' maxDownloads='5' replacements='' hideFromOS='1'/>
    <outline text='NPR: Fresh Air Podcast' type='rss' xmlUrl='http://npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=13' autoDownload='1' autoDelete='1' maxDownloads='7' replacements='' hideFromOS='1'/>
    any hints?!?

    thanks!
  9. #2189  
    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    I am facing the exact same problem. None of the Guardian podcasts will download
    Well, here's what I've found so far:

    No podcasts from the Guardian site will download through Dr. Podder. However, I can download the podcasts through the Pre's browser, and play them through any of my music players. I can also download BBC podcasts through Dr Podder fine.

    So the problem isn't network related (I've tried both wi-fi and O2 network), and only seems to be affecting podcasts from the Guardian site. I don't know if it is an issue on the Guardian site (I doubt it), or an issue with Dr. Podder (seems more likely), or a combination of the 2. Other people working with me have been downloading podcasts from the Guardian site without problems on iPhone and Android devices.
  10. #2190  
    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Hi there,

    I have one podcast feed where the "hide files from OS" flag isn't working. The files are ending up in /media/internal/downloads and not /media/internals/drPodder.

    I've tried exporting the feeds to xml and re-importing - didn't help.

    Here's the xml:
    Fresh Air is hidden, Wait Wait is the problem:

    Code:
    <outline text='NPR: Wait Wait... Don&apos;t Tell Me! Podcast' type='rss' xmlUrl='http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=35' autoDownload='1' autoDelete='1' maxDownloads='5' replacements='' hideFromOS='1'/>
    <outline text='NPR: Fresh Air Podcast' type='rss' xmlUrl='http://npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=13' autoDownload='1' autoDelete='1' maxDownloads='7' replacements='' hideFromOS='1'/>
    any hints?!?

    thanks!
    Let me preface by saying this is mostly speculation on my part...

    Dr. Podder uses the name of the podcast as the name of the sub-directory that the episodes will be stored in. The one that you're having trouble with has "..." in the name, and I don't think you're allowed to have that in the middle of a directory name. It's probably failing to create the directory and then defaulting to using the Downloads directory.

    Try deleting the feed from Dr. Podder. Then re-add it, but give it a new title that doesn't have the "..." in it. Maybe just "NPR: Wait Wait". Then go through your normal process for downloading an episode and see where it lands.

    Let us know if that works.
    Last edited by muppet_funk; 01/06/2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: grammar
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
  11. #2191  
    Declan and RDS,

    Your issue may be that feed. I just grabbed one at random as a test. I used the Football podcast (Football: Football Weekly | guardian.co.uk). When I run that through the validator here -> Smoothouse Projects Podcast feed validator, it tells me there are no enclosures in the feed.

    You are able to play from the website b/c the links there on the site do point to the audio files. It seems like the RSS feeds they're offering right now are just text feeds, not podcast feeds.

    Are your iPhone and Android friends downloading the episodes through apps on their phones, or are they using iTunes on their desktops and then syncing? It could be that the iTunes feed works but the RSS feed posted on the site is bad. I'm not at a computer w/ iTunes installed right now to test that.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
  12. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #2192  
    muppet_funk hit both of these for me, but I'll say a thing or two as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by declanoshaughnessy View Post
    No podcasts from the Guardian site will download through Dr. Podder. However, I can download the podcasts through the Pre's browser, and play them through any of my music players. I can also download BBC podcasts through Dr Podder fine.
    This is exactly what muppet_funk pointed out. The enclosures aren't included in the feed xml. I don't know if this was a recent change, but you could try contacting the provider and seeing if they will fix it.

    Often, providers will not include the audio url as an enclosure so that you have to visit their website (and thus increase their ad exposure and such). Rather selfish and non-user friendly IMHO, but that's how it works sometimes. drPodder can't support podcast feeds that don't want to be consumed.

    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    I have one podcast feed where the "hide files from OS" flag isn't working. The files are ending up in /media/internal/downloads and not /media/internals/drPodder.
    Again, muppet_funk was right on. The "..." is what is causing the problem. I'm not exactly sure why, "..." should be allowed. I'll look into it.

    Oh, and I don't think anybody has asked here about 2.0 compatibility, but there is a bug with drPodder on non-english 2.0 devices. I'll try to get that fixed soon and have a new version out.
  13. #2193  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    muppet_funk hit both of these for me, but I'll say a thing or two as well.


    This is exactly what muppet_funk pointed out. The enclosures aren't included in the feed xml. I don't know if this was a recent change, but you could try contacting the provider and seeing if they will fix it.

    Often, providers will not include the audio url as an enclosure so that you have to visit their website (and thus increase their ad exposure and such). Rather selfish and non-user friendly IMHO, but that's how it works sometimes. drPodder can't support podcast feeds that don't want to be consumed.



    Again, muppet_funk was right on. The "..." is what is causing the problem. I'm not exactly sure why, "..." should be allowed. I'll look into it.

    Oh, and I don't think anybody has asked here about 2.0 compatibility, but there is a bug with drPodder on non-english 2.0 devices. I'll try to get that fixed soon and have a new version out.
    Well, I have an Android device myself now and everything is working fine with the podcasts / feeds. I use an app (BeyondPod) to download the podcasts (or stream) and I've had no problems. I put exactly the same feed URL into BeyondPod as DrPodder, but BeyondPod works and DrPodder doesn't, so go figure!
  14. #2194  
    Sorry, forgot to say "thanks" for the help so far - much appreciated. I've emailed the Guardian site with your comments and findings, and asked them to look into it. I'll let you know once I get a response.
  15. gc916's Avatar
    Posts
    233 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #2195  
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    Let me preface by saying this is mostly speculation on my part...

    Dr. Podder uses the name of the podcast as the name of the sub-directory that the episodes will be stored in. The one that you're having trouble with has "..." in the name, and I don't think you're allowed to have that in the middle of a directory name. It's probably failing to create the directory and then defaulting to using the Downloads directory.

    Try deleting the feed from Dr. Podder. Then re-add it, but give it a new title that doesn't have the "..." in it. Maybe just "NPR: Wait Wait". Then go through your normal process for downloading an episode and see where it lands.

    Let us know if that works.
    I was having the same problem that swinokur was having with "Wait Wait..." I renamed the title as "Wait Wait" without the "..." as suggested by muppet_funk and it downloaded correctly to a subdirectory in drpodder.

    Many thanks!
  16. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #2196  
    Quote Originally Posted by declanoshaughnessy View Post
    Well, I have an Android device myself now and everything is working fine with the podcasts / feeds. I use an app (BeyondPod) to download the podcasts (or stream) and I've had no problems. I put exactly the same feed URL into BeyondPod as DrPodder, but BeyondPod works and DrPodder doesn't, so go figure!
    Ah, I must have been looking at the wrong feeds. That's why specifying the feed URL is so helpful (I understand that you were below the post minimum, I'm just explaining for anybody else who has problems and needs to submit a help request).

    I saw that somebody else had used the "Report a Problem" feedback link in the app menu with a guardian feed (Football Weekly) so I tried that one out. It does have enclosures. They don't download properly. I've filed a bug (https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p?f=11&t=10695). Additionally, they don't stream properly. They will stream for a few minutes (3 or 4 in my testing) but then stop - which has to be really annoying.

    Sorry to all those who listen to the Guardian feeds. We'll see what Palm has to say about this.

    I've also emailed the Guardian explaining the situation and asking them if they have any input as to what might have changed in the past month. I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by drnull; 01/11/2011 at 10:14 AM.
  17. #2197  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Ah, I must have been looking at the wrong feeds...
    Hm, me too then. Sorry. I just grabbed the first RSS link I saw on the page. Looked like it was supposed to be the podcast feed, but I guess I needed to hunt a little further. Oh well, I tried.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
  18. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #2198  
    FYI (as soon as the feeds are updated)
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    drPodder v0.7.2 (1/14)
    • webOS 2.0 compatibility on non-English devices bug fixed
    • Added progress indicator for episode loading on launch
    • bugfix: No more lockups on loading screen when you have many episodes
  19. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #2199  
    Oops. Man, Palm went and changed quite a few things with the JSON parser in webOS 2.0. Not nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    drPodder v0.7.5 (1/14)
    • Another webOS 2.0 localization bug
  20. #2200  
    I am sure this has been mentioned but I am not sure I have the patience to read 110 pages of comments! %s it possible to set dr podder to resh the podcasts when you open the app.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions