View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 108 of 118 FirstFirst ... 85898103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenbaaron View Post
    I can't get the Engadget mobile podcast to work, is anyone else experiencing this? I don't have any patches but the un-throttle download manager patch on. I can't remember the last time it worked.
    Haven't you had problems with Engadget in the past with the iPhone spoof patch? So you're positive that is removed?

If it is removed, check the feed URL (and post the feed URL here or "Report a Problem" in the app itself so that we can see what exact url you are using.)

Make sure you're using the URL
    Engadget Mobile
    instead of
    Engadget Mobile
    I am seeing the following. I have govnah 0.71 and uber 1.4.5-113. I run screenstate 500/800 profile. When it is running 800, drpodder loads ok. It does take quite a bit of time going through loading episodes and loading feed list. However, when the profile is 500 either because I am running palm default profile or the phone is on touchstone, the app remains stuck at loading episodes forever. I usually close it and then reopen it with 800 speed. 95% of the time it gets stuck with 500. Not sure whether it is an app issue or a kernel issue. The app does hog a lot of cpu speed in general. Any one has seen this? Thanks.

drPodder version is 0.7.1

has anyone experienced this?
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I am seeing the following. I have govnah 0.71 and uber 1.4.5-113. I run screenstate 500/800 profile. When it is running 800, drpodder loads ok. It does take quite a bit of time going through loading episodes and loading feed list. However, when the profile is 500 either because I am running palm default profile or the phone is on touchstone, the app remains stuck at loading episodes forever. I usually close it and then reopen it with 800 speed. 95% of the time it gets stuck with 500. Not sure whether it is an app issue or a kernel issue. The app does hog a lot of cpu speed in general. Any one has seen this? Thanks.

drPodder version is 0.7.1

has anyone experienced this?
    I have seen this for some time as well.
    I also am using the same version numbers (Webos, govnah, uber-kernel, Drpodder)
    I am on a Sprint Pre.

Also, for me at least, the chop off the end of downloaded podcast bug is back. I went away for a short time after the 1.4.5 update but now is back again. Is anyone else experiencing this?

-MotorDr
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I'm sorry your drPodder is locking up. This is a problem in drPodder, and I am planning on working on this within the next few months, but there's something else I'm trying to do first.

Please try to follow the following walk-through and email me the .db file and I can typically get it working for you again.
    drPodder : Accessing DB File
    support@drpodder.com

Alternatively, if you can get into drPodder, there might be another way. Typically, the best way to get in after things have gone wrong like this is to restart your phone and then put it into airplane mode. Then try to start drPodder, if it doesn't load after 30 seconds or so, you can toss it and try again. If you get in, remove any dynamic playlists you have (like the ALL playlist) and then sometimes it will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorDr View Post
    Also, for me at least, the chop off the end of downloaded podcast bug is back. I went away for a short time after the 1.4.5 update but now is back again. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    This may be the most annoying bug in webOS for me. I HATE losing the end of a podcast.

It's been reported to Palm, but they haven't fixed it yet.

Please check here: drPodder : Playback stops before the end for more info.
    Related: drPodder : Fast-forward and rewind don’t move
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hello drnull,

Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    It looks like the authentication piece isn't working right for you. I assume you've entered the authentication information for the feed?
    Yes, I had entered the authentication information.

I will contact you to resolve the problem.

Cheers Björn
    I've had this problem, too, and also with the WebOS radio podcast. I'm thinking it might be related to importing the OPML file, as this is the first time I did this when I had to get a new pre, and that's when the trouble started.
    This may be the most annoying bug in webOS for me. I HATE losing the end of a podcast.
    Any word as to whether webOS 2.0 includes a fix for this?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    my complaints as stated in another thread:

"atleast using fastforward with bt headset, it sets the time a minute ahead, but doesn't actually move you a minute ahead till the third or fourth time I press it. That's y it's cutting off podcasts at the end.

also, with all media on webos, when paused, and when I press play on bt headset, sometimes it won't play no matter what, and I have to press play on screen. "

also, was wondering about faster playback (1.5x) in webos2.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    also, was wondering about faster playback (1.5x) in webos2.0?
    Ohhhh, that would be so cool!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Just so I don;t drive myself nuts in the future. Podcasts designed for iTunes will not work with drPodder correct?

For example I can't seem to get any podcast feeds from the SyFy website to work (they seem to be iTunes specific). I always get a "Error determining feed type" message.
    Last edited by solarus; 10/21/2010 at 12:11 PM.
  12. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Just so I don;t drive myself nuts in the future. Podcasts designed for iTunes will not work with drPodder?

For example I can't seem to get any podcast feeds from the SyFy website to work (they seem to be iTunes specific). I always get a "Error determining feed type" message.
    It's probably how you're copying the feed URL. iTunes doesn't make it easy for you . I presume you're probably searching for a podcast in the iTunes store, and then when you find the one you're looking for, you click the Subscribe link, and then choose Copy Link, right? That will only give you the link iTunes uses within its own program to get you to the podcast. What you need to do is actually go ahead and subscribe to the podcast in iTunes (do NOT click the little arrow, but rather click the button to subscribe). Once you have the podcast listed under Podcasts in iTunes, then right click the specific podcast, and select Copy Podcast URL. Then paste that into Notepad, an e-mail message, etc., and you can view the actual URL you need to enter in DrPodder. That should hopefully do the trick for you. It took me a little while to figure this out when I first started DrPodder. Like I said, Apple does not make it easy for you to use anything other than their software.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Any word as to whether webOS 2.0 includes a fix for this?
    So there are NDA's for webOS 2.0 stuff - I've not heard anything official about this issue or speeding up playback being fixed in 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Just so I don;t drive myself nuts in the future. Podcasts designed for iTunes will not work with drPodder?

That's correct... podcasts designed for iTunes won't work in drPodder. In other words, if you try to put in this:
    Code:
    pcast://www.syfy.com/battlestar/downloads/podcast/podcast_enhanced.xml
    it won't work. However, I assume you are trying to put the rss feed in, like this:
    Code:
    http://www.syfy.com/battlestar/downloads/podcast/podcast.xml
    That typically does work. However, syfy is redirecting ALL incoming traffic with a user-agent that identifies itself as webOS to the mobile website. You can recreate this by going to this site and putting in the above podcast.xml address as the url and the following as the User Agent:
    Code:
    Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.1; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/525.27.1 Pre/1.0
    You'll see in the response that it is redirecting you to the mobile website.

If you send a link to this post to feedback@syfy.com, maybe they will fix it?

Btw, there are many sites that do this. IGN used to do it, but it seems they've fixed it. You can identify that this is a problem when you try to browse to a podcast URL in your webOS browser, and instead of seeing tiny text representing the podcast file, you instead see the mobile site.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    So there are NDA's for webOS 2.0 stuff - I've not heard anything official about this issue or speeding up playback being fixed in 2.0.

Btw, there are many sites that do this. IGN used to do it, but it seems they've fixed it. You can identify that this is a problem when you try to browse to a podcast URL in your webOS browser, and instead of seeing tiny text representing the podcast file, you instead see the mobile site.
    Thanks for the explanation drnull. I am indeed trying to use the default rss feed link, not the itunes specific link. I saw references that hinted at the problem in other parts of the thread but couldn't really connect the dots. Thanks again.
    Last edited by solarus; 10/21/2010 at 12:38 PM.
    Hi, first of all, thanks for your nice app! I'm using it regularly and the fact that I can pause and resume long podcasts is _very_ helpful.

Recently I had the effect that pausing/unpausing with the headset button suddenly stopped working. After I restarted drPodder it worked again. No idea why this happened. Had this only a single time so far.

There are two features I'd love to see in a future version:

- Search for podcast titles. It would be nice if you could change the list view of a podcast source to a filtered list view (no big deal, you just need to add a function that does the filtering) so that upon typing characters I can search the list for certain podcast titles.

- Importing .mp3s from other sources
    As said, one of the very helpful features of drPodder is the ability to pause/resume playback of long podcasts. Frequently I have mp3's that can only be downloaded separately (no podcast feed) or which I already have downloaded to the Pre.
    It would be nice if those could be added to a "Local" podcast feed, so that I could listen to them with drPodder and thereby benefit from its pause/resume capability.

Thanks

EDIT: Oh, there's one thing more:
    When I long tap on a podcast and then select episode details, the episode scene seem to download the podcast just without playing it. At least the progress bar suggests that.
    I thought it would show the episode description only without download the podcast.
    Is the current behavior intended?
    Last edited by palimpalim; 10/24/2010 at 10:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palimpalim View Post
    Search for podcast titles. It would be nice if you could change the list view of a podcast source to a filtered list view (no big deal, you just need to add a function that does the filtering) so that upon typing characters I can search the list for certain podcast titles.
    I may add this at some point, but I've never seen the need for it. I know, I'm just looking at my own usage here, but I typically see a podcast player as a way to just play through podcasts, and not necessarily search for content.

- Importing .mp3s from other sources
    As said, one of the very helpful features of drPodder is the ability to pause/resume playback of long podcasts. Frequently I have mp3's that can only be downloaded separately (no podcast feed) or which I already have downloaded to the Pre.
    I'd like to do this in the future, once the media access API's are opened up in webOS. One of the things that this would also give us is the ability to play audio book .mp3 files by dropping them in a folder. There's not a good way to do that with the current API's in webOS though.

When I long tap on a podcast and then select episode details, the episode scene seem to download the podcast just without playing it. At least the progress bar suggests that.
    I thought it would show the episode description only without download the podcast.
    It's not downloading the podcast, it's just buffering the podcast in case you want to play it. Unless you have data caps and care about a few extra kb of data, I don't think this matters.
    I noticed that drPodder chokes on checking this feed:

http://chaosradio.ccc.de/chaosradio_...s-complete.rss

It works but the device feels frozen for a moment.
    Probably it's due to its size, maybe you can have a look at it.

Thanks
    DrNull -

Would it be possible at some point to have an option for the "Auto-Download" settings in each feed to only auto-download when doing an automatic or scheduled update, but not if doing a manual update?

For example, my daily update runs about 3:30 am, and I prefer to have those already downloaded when I wake up. But when I tap the refresh button to manually update during the day, I prefer to not have those podcasts begin downloading immediately, but rather when I'm ready to download them.
    Thanks!!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Um, I just noticed that (at least on a long, already downloaded, podcast) dragging the slider back to the beginning doesn't work. It then just shows "Searching" instead of restarting playback from the beginning.
    If I drag the slider just close to the beginning, then repositioning does work. I noticed that in the latter case the file position (in min:sec) is updated next to the slider, in the non working case (dragging beyond start), it is not.
    Is there any way to backup the doctor podder data on my phone? My sprint pre is fairly damaged and there is a pretty good chance I'll be needing a new one soon. Dr. Podder is maybe my most used app (catalog version). I cannot say enough good things about it. It's the best podcast catcher on any platform ever. Even when I'm in front of a real computer I plug my headphones into my pre when I want to listen to a podcast. I use this app to manage all my podcasting. When I get a new phone I would like to carry the old data from Dr podder (the podcasts I have already listened to and etc). Is there any way that I can do this (home brew or otherwise)?