View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 106 of 118 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Is anyone else having problems downloading the engadget podcast ONLY? All my others are fine, including engadget mobile. I've deleted/reloaded it several times this month and then used: "enter feed URL", "search directory", "search podtrapper", and the "add default feeds" in preferences all throughout August as new eps aired with none giving any love. I did see mention of engadget having a spelling mistake or something on thier website. Does anyone have an answer or workaround for this?

GSM Pre running OTA 1.4.5 and have done all the updates of Dr. Podder as they became available throughout Aug (1.4.5 fixed some serious bugs before when nothing would update).
    M100=> 180 => 270 => 600 => 650 => 680 => 680 => 680 => Pre(GSM Pre minus)=>Galaxy S2 32GB
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    use the RSS feed that ends with mp3
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wekya View Post
    Is anyone else having problems downloading the engadget podcast ONLY? All my others are fine, including engadget mobile. I've deleted/reloaded it several times this month and then used: "enter feed URL", "search directory", "search podtrapper", and the "add default feeds" in preferences all throughout August as new eps aired with none giving any love. I did see mention of engadget having a spelling mistake or something on thier website. Does anyone have an answer or workaround for this?

GSM Pre running OTA 1.4.5 and have done all the updates of Dr. Podder as they became available throughout Aug (1.4.5 fixed some serious bugs before when nothing would update).
    If you could use the "Report a Problem" link so I can see the exact URL that you are using, I'll see if there's something wrong with the URL. It's probably a problem like tyea. There are some URL's that are intended for i* devices, and some URL's that are intended to be news feeds instead of podcast feeds.
    You gotta remember retreads like me need to be spoonfed. All I get when I do this, and I assume, for clarity, you want me to click on the Engadget podcast webpage in my Pre's browser, but that makes an *** of U and ME, is an infinitely long page of text that I'm guessing is the raw HTML of the page, or the rss feed, back to the beginning. I have no idea what to use to get it into Dr. Podder because the top few URLs seem to be useless, or too specific.
    M100=> 180 => 270 => 600 => 650 => 680 => 680 => 680 => Pre(GSM Pre minus)=>Galaxy S2 32GB
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    when you get that page you described, swipe the top of the screen down to get the web address bar which contains the feed address. I did a web search on RSS feeds for engadget and found one that has the mp3 address. Here is the one for engadget mobile.
    Engadget Mobile
    Yes, engadget mobile loads fine, but not the main engadget podcast. It is one of the default fields, used to load, now doesn't. Here's a question for you....can you load it? Just try to use Dr. P's default fields. It still doesn't work with the latest 0.7 update applied today.

As for your fix copying the URL of the main podcast page.... "http://www.engadget.com/podcast/" ....Dr. P tells me it could not determine feed type for: "http://www.engadget.com/podcast/" and when I manually input "http://podcasts.engadget.com/rss.xml" Dr.P says invalid URL. So I leave myself in your hands to see what your tests come up with.
    Last edited by wekya; 08/30/2010 at 01:40 AM. Reason: added final sentences
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Engadget

works in dr podder 7.0 for me
    Wow, not me....very strange...thanks
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wekya View Post
    Wow, not me....very strange...thanks
    Oh, I always forget about this...
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2487757

Try removing the patch mentioned in this post. If you don't have that patch installed, let me know and I'll look into this.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Thx, DrNull! I just switched from the HB to paid version using the helpful advice in Post 2073.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2613755

I have great 3G coverage in my city, but I move around a lot, so DrPodder is perfect. SO MANY GREAT FEATURES!!!
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Hey DrNull.... I think this 'issue' has been around for a while and quite honestly, I think it's a known WebOS bug, but I couldn't find any specific references to it before.

Sometimes when I tap the skip button (either +/-20 secs or +/- 1 Min, but mostly the 20 second rewind / skip I think)... the 'playback timer' increments the appropriate amount, but the actual playback position doesn't change... For example, at the beginning of TWIT - Tech News Today, the intro is about 40 seconds long so two 20 second skips gets me to where the show actually starts, but sometimes Dr Podder show's I'm actually at 0:40 after two skips, but in reality it's really around 0:02 (didn't skip any) or around 0:23 (only skipped one of two). I can't seem to figure out when it happens and when it works as intended. In situations where this has happened, is this why the timer gets out-of-sync with the actual playback leading to the end of podcasts being cut off? (which I am certain is a WebOS bug from past discussions...)

I thought it might be fixed in 1.4.5. but I'm using the latest HB version 0.7.0 and it still happens. Again, I think this is a known issue (and not for you to solve), just checking.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey DrNull.... I think this 'issue' has been around for a while and quite honestly, I think it's a known WebOS bug, but I couldn't find any specific references to it before.
    Yep, you're right, it's a webOS bug, and it's very frustrating. It's linked to the problem where podcasts end playback before the podcast actually finishes (this is the most frustrating bug currently for me!)

More info, just to have the references here:
    drPodder : Fast-forward and rewind donít move
    drPodder : Playback stops before the end
    drPodder : webOS Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Yep, you're right, it's a webOS bug, and it's very frustrating. It's linked to the problem where podcasts end playback before the podcast actually finishes (this is the most frustrating bug currently for me!)

More info, just to have the references here:
    drPodder : Fast-forward and rewind donít move
    drPodder : Playback stops before the end
    drPodder : webOS Bugs
    As usual, you rock. It's been a while since I've been to your own site (my bad!! I sometimes forget that stuff happens outside of the Precentral boards). Thanks again. Hope Palm has addressed this stuff in 2.0.... especially since they are actually going to open up the music APIs

As usual thanks.
    drnull,

I have been noticing a problem lately where after downloading several episodes, some of the episodes get marked as "old" (before even starting them) while listening to a different episode. I then have to display "all", mark it as "new", and re-download it. Seems to be happening on a regular basis.

Has this been reported before, or any ideas on what would cause this?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I have been noticing a problem lately where after downloading several episodes, some of the episodes get marked as "old" (before even starting them) while listening to a different episode. I then have to display "all", mark it as "new", and re-download it. Seems to be happening on a regular basis.

Hmm, not reported that I've seen, and no idea what could cause that. Is it happening regularly enough that you could give me an exact set of steps to reproduce it? That would help a lot with the troubleshooting. Thanks!
    I will try to pay attention and see.

If it's any help, it seems to happen mainly with podcasts from this feed:

http://podcast.outloudopinion.com/cr...torspublic.xml
    drnull,

Wasn't version 1.4.5 supposed to fix the podcast not playing to the very end of an episode?

I found that several of my podcasts are still cutting off too early, which I know was a WebOS bug and not a bug in drpodder.

I went back to using the homebrew version because I wanted to try the new features, I do have the paid version as well but not using it right now.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    drnull,

Wasn't version 1.4.5 supposed to fix the podcast not playing to the very end of an episode?

I found that several of my podcasts are still cutting off too early, which I know was a WebOS bug and not a bug in drpodder.

I went back to using the homebrew version because I wanted to try the new features, I do have the paid version as well but not using it right now.

Rob
    I don't believe that was fixed in 1.4.5 I think only the libsync (Pods like Webosradio) not downloading was fixed, course I wait for null's official answer, as I am still stuck on 1.4.1
    Verizonissleeping
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $I$ $only$ $think$ $the$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $fixed$ $the$ $download$ $issue$. $I$ $never$ $saw$ $any$ $info$ $about$ $it$ $fixing$ $any$ $playback$ $issues$. $At$ $the$ $same$ $time$ $I$ $haven$'$t$ $really$ $noticed$ $this$ $issue$, $but$ $then$ $again$ $I$ $mostly$ $listen$ $to$ $the$ $Adam$ $Carolla$ $Show$ ($or$ $other$ $ACE$ $network$ $shows$) $where$ $the$ $end$ $of$ $the$ $podcast$ $is$ $advertisements$/$promos$, $so$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $notice$ $it$ $if$ $it$ $is$ $happening$.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Hmm, not reported that I've seen, and no idea what could cause that. Is it happening regularly enough that you could give me an exact set of steps to reproduce it? That would help a lot with the troubleshooting. Thanks!
    I've seen this too with various podcasts. It seems to happen in streaks and generally only when using the "play from top" or "play from bottom" options. I've basically resorted to playing one at a time and that seems to help.

But, at the same time, it didn't happen consistently enough to reproduce it. If you could look at the logic around play from top/bottom, there may be some issue there.