View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 105 of 118 FirstFirst ... 55595100101102103104105106107108109110115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Did some more tests, and yes, it is pretty reproducible:

- play any non-local (i.e. streaming) content
    - wait until the sound starts playing
    - switch to another app so that the notification icon appears
    - tap the icons and the dashboard will be blank

If I play local content which has been downloaded already, the dashboard works fine. It has to be streaming.
    Wow, that's excellent troubleshooting and feedback, m-h-k. THANK YOU.

Oops, I failed to test with streaming content. I so despise streaming. It seems like everything is flaky with streaming in webOS, and now my dashboard is too!

I'll try to get this fixed and a new version up within a few days.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    love the dashboard controls! So far, everything's working great for me
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Hi,
    Am enjoying using Dr Podder HB but do have 2 questions:
    1.) Is there any way to stop Dr Podder automatically deleting podcasts once they are listened to? (ie. I have to redownload them when I want to listen to them again...something I can't do when I have no data connection.)
    2.) When I have started listening to a podcast I also cannot rewind the podcast to the beginning again with the slider...the buttons below work to a point..but it is difficult to get to the start of the podcast again...is this a bug or normal behaviour?

Thanks
    Is HB a beta? If so I will wait till these updates are made to official app catalogue version rather then have to readd all my podcast subscriptions. Thanks. Love the app
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavoz View Post
    1.) Is there any way to stop Dr Podder automatically deleting podcasts once they are listened to? (ie. I have to redownload them when I want to listen to them again...something I can't do when I have no data connection.)
    2.) When I have started listening to a podcast I also cannot rewind the podcast to the beginning again with the slider...the buttons below work to a point..but it is difficult to get to the start of the podcast again...is this a bug or normal behaviour?
    1) You can edit the feed (either from the main screen, tap the counts and select edit feed, or from the episode list, tap the menu and select edit feed). Change "Delete when Finished" to off. Now go to the episode list and tap "View: New" to "View: ALL". When an episode is listened to, it is marked as "old", and if it is downloaded and "Delete when Finished" is on, it is deleted.
    2) The slider should work, but if it doesn't, you can long-press the title in the episode list and select "Clear Bookmark". Next time you play it, it will start at 00:00.

Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    Is HB a beta? If so I will wait till these updates are made to official app catalogue version rather then have to readd all my podcast subscriptions. Thanks. Love the app
    Yes, HB is a beta, features will migrate to the app catalog version once they are completely tested by the fine folks who frequent precentral and enjoy their preware.
    Any way to quickly migrate all my podcasts from one version to another?
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    Any way to quickly migrate all my podcasts from one version to another?
    Please look at post 2073
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    As soon as the preware feeds are updated...
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    drPodder v0.6.9 (8/20)
    • bugfix: Dashboard controls now work properly for streaming.
    There's some confusion here... I think Rob was talking about updating a single podcast. Scanning folder for files is definitely not supported yet.

Hi there, LOVE the app though as I recently switched from iPhone to pre, I still have a huge directory full with podcasts. I searched this thread and also tried to copy them into the preexisting directory and nothing happened.

Anything in this direction coming soon? Would sooooooo be willing to donate after this feature.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkingsheep View Post
    Hi there, LOVE the app though as I recently switched from iPhone to pre, I still have a huge directory full with podcasts. I searched this thread and also tried to copy them into the preexisting directory and nothing happened.

Anything in this direction coming soon? Would sooooooo be willing to donate after this feature.
    If you can export your old subscriptions into an OPML file you can import that into drPodder and pick up your subscriptions within drPodder. If you don't want to re-download the episodes you already have, your best bet (as far as I know) is to just copy the downloaded episodes to your pre and use the music player to play them and then pick up your subscriptions with the new episodes inside drPodder. You could make a playlist or just edit the id3 to make sure the genre is 'Podcast' or something to make it easy to find them inside the music player.

That's what I would do, but there may be a more elegant way to do it that I'm not aware of.

--Matt
    I'm seeing a display bug with the slider in v0.6.9. I have landscape view disabled, but when I turn the phone into sideways, it looks like the slider goes into landscape mode and I can no longer see the end of it.

Its not a big deal, just kind of surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by REOScotte View Post
    I'm seeing a display bug with the slider in v0.6.9. I have landscape view disabled, but when I turn the phone into sideways, it looks like the slider goes into landscape mode and I can no longer see the end of it.

Its not a big deal, just kind of surprising.
    Came to report this. Saw it was already reported. Adding my ++

For me, it also happens in the feed/playlist view, rotating it sideways causes the header to go all funky.
    So I use my computer to record a radio show every day. I would like to listen to this show using drpodder since it gives me the two different skip ahead options which is really important in order to skip commercials.

Is there some way to do this? I have the files automatically download into my dropbox folder and then download them onto my pre using dropboxify. Now, how to listen to it using drpodder? Thanks.
  14. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    So I use my computer to record a radio show every day. I would like to listen to this show using drpodder since it gives me the two different skip ahead options which is really important in order to skip commercials.

Is there some way to do this? I have the files automatically download into my dropbox folder and then download them onto my pre using dropboxify. Now, how to listen to it using drpodder? Thanks.
    I assume this show you record on your computer is a podcast, no? Instead of going through the effort of recording it on your computer, using DropBox, etc., you can just add the podcast to DrPodder, set it to automatically download it everyday, and then listen to it in DrPodder. Why all the extra steps with your computer? Or is this somehow a show that streams, but is not a podcast??
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Or is this somehow a show that streams, but is not a podcast??
    Bingo. There is no podcast for the show so I record the stream to my computer but would like to listen to it with some skip ahead controls like drpodder has. Thanks.
  16. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Bingo. There is no podcast for the show so I record the stream to my computer but would like to listen to it with some skip ahead controls like drpodder has. Thanks.
    Hmm - I think you're out of luck, but I'm sure drnull will correct me on that one if I'm mistaken. You could obviously use Music Remix or the stock music app, but I know those don't have the same "skip ahead" controls you are seeking. Just in case you didn't know though, the Music Remix fast forward control will skip ahead more than just one second at a time if you press and hold it (I assume the stock music app probably works the same, but I haven't used it in ages, so I don't remember ;-)).
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    One last update before pushing this to the catalog. Thanks again for the beta testing!

drPodder v0.7.0 (8/27)
    • bugfix: Non-Landscape mode glitches fixed
    • hopefully last HB release before new app catalog version
    Assuming all goes well I'll probably submit the 0.7.1 version to the catalog next week.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    There's no good way to do this yet with drPodder. Unless you wanted to automate a process where you upload that .mp3 file to a server and update a .xml file on that server with a pointer for the new "episode", drPodder can't access the files.

Once webOS grants JavaScript (SDK) applications the ability read directories and scan for files, I'll look into adding the ability to have a directory "podcast" in drPodder. The idea being, you'd just drop files into that directory and then they show up in drPodder.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I had drpodder ver 6.9HB and updated to 7.0 retaining my feeds using the following method. Start PreWare, in the tabbed pull down menue in upper left corner select "install package", input the http//feed address given in the precentrel homebrew app description section for download options, select install, do luna restart. I assumed Preware would do the update correctly, and everything seems to be working ok.
    There's no good way to do this yet with drPodder. Unless you wanted to automate a process where you upload that .mp3 file to a server and update a .xml file on that server with a pointer for the new "episode", drPodder can't access the files.

Once webOS grants JavaScript (SDK) applications the ability read directories and scan for files, I'll look into adding the ability to have a directory "podcast" in drPodder. The idea being, you'd just drop files into that directory and then they show up in drPodder.
    When/if you can add that ability it will be awesome for me!

I already can set up a free podcast and upload my files to it which is something that I do occasionally, but it is kind of a pain to have to upload a file just so I can download it again. Thanks!!