View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 104 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    is it possible to download podcasts through this program but without adding their RSS feeds to it, or open podcasts downlaoded through the browser with drpodder? it would make life brilliant for me.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Fantastic news on #5 - thanks! By the way, if I understand the OP correctly, I think it's #3 that they're indicating doesn't ever show up for them, and I figured it was because they're opening the app before it ever finishes downloading, and therefore that notification doesn't stay displayed for them.
    Actually, my understanding was that the OP wanted drPodder to let him know through a notification that Feed XYZ has new episodes. Not that they've been downloaded. Rather, just the fact that there are new episodes available (kinda like what a newsreader would do)

Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    is it possible to download podcasts through this program but without adding their RSS feeds to it, or open podcasts downlaoded through the browser with drpodder? it would make life brilliant for me.
    Nope, sorry! That's not exactly "in scope". That being said, I do want to add the ability to put in a directory path at some point. But I can't really do that until webOS exposes that functionality to javascript apps (maybe webOS 2.0 will add some features like that)
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    No need to do that, there is no "permanent" notification like you are talking about. ...
    Thx for comprehensive reply. So notification of new updates in feeds does make sense only to me?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Thx for comprehensive reply. So notification of new updates in feeds does make sense only to me?
    Well, it makes sense, but it doesn't work that way currently. I may add it in the future as an option.
    Well, it makes sense, but it doesn't work that way currently. I may add it in the future as an option.
    Thats all I want to hear. Thx again.

tr47 out
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Long time, no update, eh? It's his fault.

drPodder v0.6.8 (8/17)
    • Dashboard controls. Play/pause, +/- 20 seconds, Episode title, progress
    • Metrix added, disable "Statistics" under Preferences if you don't want this. It won't be enabled on first run, but if you don't go set it to "Off" then it will be enabled on future loads. Used simply for delivering update notifications and keeping track of OS versions and such. No personally identifiable information is included in this.
    • Landscape mode is better now, much less CPU intensive, so feel free to give "Allow Landscape" a try.
    • Fixed issue with podcast.de search
    • Share episode can now copy feed or episode address, as well as sharing via email
    • Klingon translation (work-in-progress) (thanks roneyii!)
    • French translation (work-in-progress) (thanks Yannick!)
    • pulling enclosure from media:content if available
    • playback scroller fills screen in landscape mode now
    • saving bookmark on close works better now

There are some new text phrases that don't have translations yet, I'll send an email to the translators and ask them to translate for next version.
    +1 Thanks For the update
    I just updated and the dashboard controls are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Long time, no update, eh? It's his fault.
    Congrats, I am sure he is gorgeous. Love the pic.

As to drPodder, I just installed the update, and interestingly enough, the dashboard comes out completely empty on my Pre. I get the small icon, and when I tap on it I can see the dashboard opens (the main screen shrinks) but the area of the dashboard remains completely black.

Max
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    As to drPodder, I just installed the update, and interestingly enough, the dashboard comes out completely empty on my Pre. I get the small icon, and when I tap on it I can see the dashboard opens (the main screen shrinks) but the area of the dashboard remains completely black.
    Thanks for the report! This what the Homebrew version is for - Free beta testing for me, free product for you!

So could you give me a few details about your Pre and what you were trying to play at the time?

Pre webOS version, carrier, etc.
    Podcast feed URL, episode title, etc.
    What exact order of events caused this, and is it reproducible?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Thanks for the report! This what the Homebrew version is for - Free beta testing for me, free product for you!

So could you give me a few details about your Pre and what you were trying to play at the time?

Pre webOS version, carrier, etc.
    Podcast feed URL, episode title, etc.

Thanks!
    Is this update going to filter to the App Catalog version soon? I'd like to try it but will it mess things up if I install the HB version along with my App Catalog version?

Thanks.

--Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    Is this update going to filter to the App Catalog version soon? I'd like to try it but will it mess things up if I install the HB version along with my App Catalog version?

Thanks.

--Matt
    You can have both... i have both of them running on my phone. In fact, if you have Save/Restore, you can even use that to set your HB equal to your App Catalog version (or vice versa). basically, all you need to do is the following:
    1. Install both App Catalog and HB version
    2. Make sure you open each version up at least once
    3. Open Save/Restore and perform a save for each of them
    4. on your USB drive, you will find two folders: \saverestore\com.drnull.drpodder-hb and \saverestore\com.drnull.drpodder
    5. For the one you want to update (e.g. lets say you have been using the App Catalog version and want to move to the HB version), go to that directory (\saverestore\com.drnull.drpodder-hb in this example) and delete all the .zip files in there
    6. go to your existing directory (\saverestore\com.drnull.drpodder) and copy the latest .zip to the new directory (\saverestore\com.drnull.drpodder-hb)
    7. Open update Save/Restore and Restore just the HB version

I know it sounds complicated, but you are basically just using the save/restore file from one version and using it to restore the other...i have done this a few times and it works great!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    You can have both... i have both of them running on my phone. In fact, if you have Save/Restore, you can even use that to set your HB equal to your App Catalog version (or vice versa).
    Thanks for those great instructions!

To answer the OP, yes, the feature set of the HB version will eventually trickle down to the app catalog version. However, I want to make sure everything is working properly before I push it up to the catalog, so it may take one or two more HB version before that happens.

In HB, people report problems and will often provide good feedback. In the catalog, people will sometimes pseudo-anonymously leave a 1 star review complaining about something without contacting me directly. So I like to get things as good as possible before sending a new version to the catalog.
    You are welcome. Note that this can also be used to fix the "corrupt db" problem that you sometimes get!

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

To answer the OP, yes, the feature set of the HB version will eventually trickle down to the app catalog version. However, I want to make sure everything is working properly before I push it up to the catalog, so it may take one or two more HB version before that happens.

In HB, people report problems and will often provide good feedback. In the catalog, people will sometimes pseudo-anonymously leave a 1 star review complaining about something without contacting me directly. So I like to get things as good as possible before sending a new version to the catalog.
    Totally understand the reasoning, and thanks for the info. I was just wondering if it was worth it to go through the trouble of swapping over to the HB version to mess around with the new features. I didn't realize it would only take like 15 seconds to make the swap.

--Matt
    Jamie -- Congrats on the Little guy. He seems like a pretty sophisticated dude!! Handsome too. Mine's going on 2 in about a month -- they just get better and better (until about 13 I think -- then it's about a half decade of being a PITA)

The dashboard controls are perfect!!! Love the easy access...

Regarding App Cat vs HB, Personally, I bought the app cat version to support Jamie and had both on for a while, but unless HB gets buggy, I figured there's no reason to keep both... (those of us on here anyway). If I ever want the App Cat version back, I can just re-download it -- it always stays in my Palm profile that I bought it.

By the way, since DrP is so underpriced... I'll be making another donation to the cause for creating such a great app and continuing to fill in the (very few) missing features like the dashboard controls.
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Congrats, I am sure he is gorgeous. Love the pic.

Max
    Same problem here too.

Sprint Pre 1.4.5
    I was playing the BOL podcast, but don't thints the issue.
    Also problem with black dashboard.

Verizon Pre-Plus.
    Webos 1.4.1

I closed the app. However, the dashboard icon remained. I expanded it and swiped it away.

The next time that I started the app, the dashboard was black.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I just updated to the latest version and I love the dashboard addition! It's a great new feature that has already come in handy while listening to podasts on the go. Should also be nice to use with my touchstone. Keep up the good work. Still one of my favorite apps by far.
    Did some more tests, and yes, it is pretty reproducible:

- play any non-local (i.e. streaming) content
    - wait until the sound starts playing
    - switch to another app so that the notification icon appears
    - tap the icons and the dashboard will be blank

If I play local content which has been downloaded already, the dashboard works fine. It has to be streaming. It also does not happen if you tap on the episode but switch to another app BEFORE the sound starts actually playing (I think the cutoff point is around when those play/prev/next/pause icons appear).

Just for the sake of completeness, this is on a German O2 Pre with webOS 1.4.5.

Let me know if you need anything more.

Cheers
    Max