View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

    360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

    89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

    42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

    39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

    54 9.25%
Page 103 of 118 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #2041  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I grabbed the Pre+ version from O2.
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Downloading it now. Thanks!

    Rob

    UPDATE: I guess I don't need to do this now. I just discovered that 1.4.5 is finally released for Sprint, it's 11:37pm NYC time.
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 08/10/2010 at 10:35 PM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  2. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #2042  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    But it might just update cleanly. I don't really know...
    Just for the record, greenawayj was right here, it updated cleanly.
  3. #2043  
    drnull Is there anyway that dr podder can get feeds that show have .pdf's? Our company has a feed that we can subscribe to via rss I can access fine on the email and when I login via dr.podder it ask for username and password but it never access it. Any suggestions.
  4. #2044  
    Any one getting the "Loading Episodes" death screen following the 1.4.5 install? Looks like I'm going to have to reinstall DP and the DB file again. No big deal, as long as i can get it on with the Adam Carolla (et al) podcasts again via download and not streaming.
  5. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #2045  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    drnull Is there anyway that dr podder can get feeds that show have .pdf's? Our company has a feed that we can subscribe to via rss I can access fine on the email and when I login via dr.podder it ask for username and password but it never access it. Any suggestions.
    Hmm, .pdf's? I guess they'd probably be handled like any other enclosure, so they could be downloaded (obviously, attempts at playback would result in errors) and if Hide From OS was OFF, then they should be viewable in the PDF viewer.

    However, what you're having trouble with is the authentication piece. And that's because webOS doesn't always handle that correctly. If you want to "report a problem" and give me the feed (and a temporary username and password) that I can use for testing, I'll look into it.
  6. #2046  
    Hi,

    I've been using drPodder since I got my Pre the day it came out in Canada. It's one of the few applications I use just about every day.

    Thank you for developing it. I purchased it in the App Catalog when you published it there. It's certainly worth the money.

    One question. I don't know if this is a problem with bluetooth on the Pre or with your application. Sometimes I find that I have a bluetooth connection that seems fine, but when I use drPodder it plays, but nothing comes through. Most every time if I shut off and turn on either my bluetooth device, or my bluetooth on the Pre, it works fine.
    Is anyone else having this problem?
  7. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #2047  
    Quote Originally Posted by howardbw View Post
    One question. I don't know if this is a problem with bluetooth on the Pre or with your application. Sometimes I find that I have a bluetooth connection that seems fine, but when I use drPodder it plays, but nothing comes through. Most every time if I shut off and turn on either my bluetooth device, or my bluetooth on the Pre, it works fine.
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    I've experienced this before. What I will see sometimes is that the bluetooth headset will handle calls fine, but any music (be it from the built-in Music Player, Pandora, or drPodder) will not come out over the bluetooth headset. I don't think it's a drPodder problem, but if you are experiencing it with only drPodder, let me know.

    Additionally, you could be suffering from the "stuck headphone jack". I've had that a few times too... I'm actually on my second Pre because of it - and I've seen it some on this one as well - though sometimes it can be fixed using methods mentioned in that thread.
  8. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #2048  
    Quote Originally Posted by howardbw View Post
    Hi,

    I've been using drPodder since I got my Pre the day it came out in Canada. It's one of the few applications I use just about every day.

    Thank you for developing it. I purchased it in the App Catalog when you published it there. It's certainly worth the money.

    One question. I don't know if this is a problem with bluetooth on the Pre or with your application. Sometimes I find that I have a bluetooth connection that seems fine, but when I use drPodder it plays, but nothing comes through. Most every time if I shut off and turn on either my bluetooth device, or my bluetooth on the Pre, it works fine.
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    It sounds like this is likely a bluetooth issue between your Pre and the speaker, and not an issue with the drPodder software. Bluetooth signals (or wi-fi signals for that matter) can be dropped from time to time (although more likely to occur with certain speakers, headsets, routers, etc. than others), and a simple reset will typically re-establish the connection. It sounds like this is what you're experiencing. A good test might be to try out a different speaker/headset for a while, and see if the frequency of such drops doesn't change for you.
  9. #2049  
    Quote Originally Posted by howardbw View Post
    Hi,

    I've been using drPodder since I got my Pre the day it came out in Canada. It's one of the few applications I use just about every day.

    Thank you for developing it. I purchased it in the App Catalog when you published it there. It's certainly worth the money.

    One question. I don't know if this is a problem with bluetooth on the Pre or with your application. Sometimes I find that I have a bluetooth connection that seems fine, but when I use drPodder it plays, but nothing comes through. Most every time if I shut off and turn on either my bluetooth device, or my bluetooth on the Pre, it works fine.
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    When you say you have a bluetooth connection that seams fine are you talking about a bluetooth connection you just turned on or do you have a device that automatically connects via bluetooth at some point?

    For example, I leave BT on on my Pre, when I get into my car, I turn on my BT receiver... it automatically connects and is fine. The receiver then turns off when I park (so disconnects), etc.

    So it is creating a new connection every time it turns on, but it is not creating the connection based on a proximity to a BT device receiver that is already on.

    Sorry if my question doesn't make sense, just trying to see how you get your BT connection and how you are using it.
  10. #2050  
    Hi folks,

    Im using drPodder 0.6.6. and it works great for me. But Im missing notification of podcast update. Its nice it can update podcast information (and notify me about updating ), its nice it can notify me about finished download of podcast but if I want to know if there are updated podcasts I have to go to the app. Does it suppose to work this way?
  11. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #2051  
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Hi folks,

    Im using drPodder 0.6.6. and it works great for me. But Im missing notification of podcast update. Its nice it can update podcast information (and notify me about updating ), its nice it can notify me about finished download of podcast but if I want to know if there are updated podcasts I have to go to the app. Does it suppose to work this way?
    I'm not sure I understand your question...When the app notifies you that it has finished downloading a podcast, that is, in fact, your notification that there are updated podcasts available. Am I misreading your question? Perhaps you can give a more specific example of what the feature is you are seeking? Or am I just completely misunderstanding your question?
  12. #2052  
    tr47 if I am understanding you, you want active notifications of fresh podcasts?

    To my knowledge this would require dr podder to always be running and pulling data (using a ton of battery). If I am incorrect in what you are asking then please explain further as asked above.

    As far as I know, most podcast listeners wouldn't want this feature..... as I use the app, I open it and refresh to see new episodes, podcasts aren't one of those things that need active notifications as far as I am concerened..... maybe I am missing something.
  13. #2053  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    tr47 if I am understanding you, you want active notifications of fresh podcasts?
    Hi again,

    my english isnt perfect so Ill try to explain again what I meant.
    Im using autoupdate feature (it notifies about updating). If there is fresh (new) podcast in my feeds I would like to see drPodder notification informing me about this in the way Im informed about new email or new message (little drPodder icon that stays in notification area). When tapped showing for example count of new podcast.
    I dont know if its called "active notification" or if itll drain battery.

    Thx for reply
  14. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #2054  
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Hi again,

    my english isnt perfect so Ill try to explain again what I meant.
    Im using autoupdate feature (it notifies about updating). If there is fresh (new) podcast in my feeds I would like to see drPodder notification informing me about this in the way Im informed about new email or new message (little drPodder icon that stays in notification area). When tapped showing for example count of new podcast.
    I dont know if its called "active notification" or if itll drain battery.

    Thx for reply
    drPodder does do what you're asking about. If you have the software set to auto-download (which it sounds like you do), you will first see a notification indicating that it is auto-updating (which, again, it sounds like you do), and then after the update is complete, so long as you don't have drPodder open, you should then receive a similar notification that updates have been downloaded. I believe, however, that if you have drPodder open, or if you open it and then close it after the notification is displayed, the notification will no longer appear. I hope that makes sense? Perhaps you have drPodder open, and that's why you're not receiving the notification you are seeking? I receive such notifications virtually every day, so I know they work.
  15. #2055  
    Thats strange. Ill keep an eye on new podcasts tomorrow and let you know. But Im almost sure that there werent any notifications that stayed in notification area (drPodder HB 0.6.6., GSM Pre, 1.4.5).
  16. MiDoJo's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #2056  
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Thats strange. Ill keep an eye on new podcasts tomorrow and let you know. But Im almost sure that there werent any notifications that stayed in notification area (drPodder HB 0.6.6., GSM Pre, 1.4.5).
    a'ight try this, go into the app prefernces turn off any features you have turned on (esp auto-update) exit the prefs, exit podder. Restart podder, go into prefs and re-turn on those features you want. This will reset you cookie and the program should work corretly.
  17. #2057  
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    a'ight try this, go into the app prefernces ...
    Hmm. Well I turned off all settings, restart app, turn my settings on. Then I saw my display to light up with "updating feeds" notification and nothing, finally Ive opened app and there was new update in one of my feeds. There wasnt any permanent NEW UPDATES IN YOUR FEEDS notification in notification area at all. I will reinstall drPodder. Its a long shot but I suppose can give it a try.
  18. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #2058  
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Hmm. Well I turned off all settings, restart app, turn my settings on. Then I saw my display to light up with "updating feeds" notification and nothing, finally Ive opened app and there was new update in one of my feeds. There wasnt any permanent NEW UPDATES IN YOUR FEEDS notification in notification area at all. I will reinstall drPodder. Its a long shot but I suppose can give it a try.
    Before you do that, make sure you waited long enough for the entire podcast to download before you opened up the app. Depending upon the size of the podcast that was being downloaded and the speed of your connection (wifi, 1x, 3x, etc.), it might take at least a few minutes to download the podcast. As a general guideline, wait at least a half hour or so after you see the updating feed indication before you open the app, and see if that notification doesn't pop up for you.
  19. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #2059  
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Hmm. Well I turned off all settings, restart app, turn my settings on. Then I saw my display to light up with "updating feeds" notification and nothing, finally Ive opened app and there was new update in one of my feeds. There wasnt any permanent NEW UPDATES IN YOUR FEEDS notification in notification area at all. I will reinstall drPodder. Its a long shot but I suppose can give it a try.
    No need to do that, there is no "permanent" notification like you are talking about.

    There are the following notifications:
    1) Updating feed
    2) Downloads queued
    3) Downloads complete
    4) Writing bookmark to db
    *5) dashboard controls

    1 is obviously when feeds are updating. This is so that webOS doesn't close drPodder as feeds will take longer to update than allowed for background applications.

    2 & 3 are obvious as well... when downloads are queued up, they are put into #2, and as they finish, they move to #3. Note, if you have auto-download turned on, this is a REALLY good way to have permanent notification about new episodes since the downloaded notification doesn't go away until you re-open drPodder, tap the notification, or swipe it away yourself.

    4 is so that if you swipe away the player card without pausing or back-swiping to the episode list first, drPodder can still save your bookmark position to the database (otherwise, webOS would abort the write to the database).

    5 I'm going through final testing and bug fixes finally on this one, works nice though. Play/pause, song info, playback position, +/- 20 seconds through dashboard controls and accessible without unlocking the screen. Still have to track down one or two bugs related to this.

    Hope it helps.
  20. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #2060  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    No need to do that, there is no "permanent" notification like you are talking about.

    There are the following notifications:
    1) Updating feed
    2) Downloads queued
    3) Downloads complete
    4) Writing bookmark to db
    *5) dashboard controls

    1 is obviously when feeds are updating. This is so that webOS doesn't close drPodder as feeds will take longer to update than allowed for background applications.

    2 & 3 are obvious as well... when downloads are queued up, they are put into #2, and as they finish, they move to #3. Note, if you have auto-download turned on, this is a REALLY good way to have permanent notification about new episodes since the downloaded notification doesn't go away until you re-open drPodder, tap the notification, or swipe it away yourself.

    4 is so that if you swipe away the player card without pausing or back-swiping to the episode list first, drPodder can still save your bookmark position to the database (otherwise, webOS would abort the write to the database).

    5 I'm going through final testing and bug fixes finally on this one, works nice though. Play/pause, song info, playback position, +/- 20 seconds through dashboard controls and accessible without unlocking the screen. Still have to track down one or two bugs related to this.

    Hope it helps.
    Fantastic news on #5 - thanks! By the way, if I understand the OP correctly, I think it's #3 that they're indicating doesn't ever show up for them, and I figured it was because they're opening the app before it ever finishes downloading, and therefore that notification doesn't stay displayed for them.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions