View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

    360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

    89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

    42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

    39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

    54 9.25%
Page 100 of 118 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #1981  
    (Suggestion for future version of drPodder):

    Jamie,

    Any chance at some point in the future you could have the progress slider extend the whole length of the screen when viewing in landscape mode? This would make it a great deal easier to find a particular spot in an episode with a little greater precision.

    Thanks!
    Jim
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  2. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #1982  
    Feature request...

    I have been using drPodder for a LONG time now--excellent app! I searched but couldn't find what I'm interested in--forgive me if this has already been covered and I missed it.

    I like being able to control volume without waking the screen during playback, but I don't like having to unlock to play/pause. Is there any chance the front button could be used as a play/pause toggle during playback without needing to use the screen?
  3. #1983  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    The workaround was only going to be necessary if webOS 1.4.5 didn't fix the issue. But if you notice from the rumored release notes here:

    So that should fix the downloading issue.
    I am on ATT which is going to lag their release 1.4.5. Is there a manual work around to get Podcasts, like the Adam Carolla show, to download? The shows stream fine, but I prefer to have the local show running from my Pre.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  4. swaldman's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #1984  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    If you leave it un-downloaded overnight, does it auto-download the next day? Even better, if you can tap it, and it starts downloading, cancel it, then see if auto-download over the next night will pick it up?
    No, it doesn't. (to recap, this is Escape Pod downloading quite merrily if manually requested, but not autodownloading. I took a loooong time to respond ).

    BUT, I just checked again and this time it won't download manually either. I'm fairly sure that's not how it used to be... but maybe it's some effect of the WebOS bug that's become famous here.

    No sign of 1.4.5 here yet, so I'll wait and see if that fixes anything.
  5. #1985  
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    No, it doesn't. (to recap, this is Escape Pod downloading quite merrily if manually requested, but not autodownloading. I took a loooong time to respond ).

    BUT, I just checked again and this time it won't download manually either. I'm fairly sure that's not how it used to be... but maybe it's some effect of the WebOS bug that's become famous here.

    No sign of 1.4.5 here yet, so I'll wait and see if that fixes anything.
    The sprint release notes, as well as one post I found (posted in another thread, I think the 1.4.5 anticipation thread) from a guy that got the O2 Germany 1.4.5 both say it fixed the podcast download issue, so at this point I am gonna believe it til we see it doesn't fix it.

    And if it doesn't Null has already said he will program another workaround. Everything I have seen makes me think he won't have to and that's why he hasn't. Hoping we see 1.4.5 here shortly, but depends on how long it takes Palm to fix the PDK issue and get the new version to carriers, better to have a good version than a version that fixes 1 thing and breaks another..... just ask the O2 Germany folks.
  6. #1986  
    I'm having a problem with DrPodder where it never gets past the loading screen. This happened to me once before and I wound up uninstalling and re-installing, which was a pain. Is there a better solution?

    I'm on Sprint Config 2.4, OS 1.4.1.1, DrP 6.7 (I think the App Catalog version)
  7. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1987  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Any chance at some point in the future you could have the progress slider extend the whole length of the screen when viewing in landscape mode? This would make it a great deal easier to find a particular spot in an episode with a little greater precision.
    This is actually already fixed in my latest development build. I just bit off a bit more than I should have this build. I should have just done a few smaller fixes and releases but I'm trying to get a bit more into the next release.

    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    I like being able to control volume without waking the screen during playback, but I don't like having to unlock to play/pause. Is there any chance the front button could be used as a play/pause toggle during playback without needing to use the screen?
    Yep, understand on this one. This is actually what I've been working on that has been taking the most time for this release. I think I've been promising it for - oh - like 2 months now. I've just been busy with other things and haven't had the time to get it finished up.
  8. #1988  
    We appreciate the work you've done and I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  9. #1989  
    dope.. gareth emery on the go
  10. #1990  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprugman View Post
    I'm having a problem with DrPodder where it never gets past the loading screen. This happened to me once before and I wound up uninstalling and re-installing, which was a pain. Is there a better solution?

    I'm on Sprint Config 2.4, OS 1.4.1.1, DrP 6.7 (I think the App Catalog version)
    I get this problem as well. I even at one point had Dr. Null look at my database file and he sent me a new one. That only temporarily fixed the problem. When it happens to me I just go back delete the DB file, the app, and reinstall from scratch. Pain in the *** but better than watching a "Loading Episodes" screen forever.
  11. #1991  
    Quote Originally Posted by theattack View Post
    I get this problem as well. I even at one point had Dr. Null look at my database file and he sent me a new one. That only temporarily fixed the problem. When it happens to me I just go back delete the DB file, the app, and reinstall from scratch. Pain in the *** but better than watching a "Loading Episodes" screen forever.
    I have begun keeping a memo file with all the feed URL's listed so if I need to delete my .db file and start over it's much quicker to re-enter all the feeds.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  12. #1992  
    drnull can you save text rss feeds with Dr. Podder. I am trying to add a feed and it checks the feed then tells me to input username and password which I do but then the program just sits there.
  13. #1993  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I am on ATT which is going to lag their release 1.4.5. Is there a manual work around to get Podcasts, like the Adam Carolla show, to download? The shows stream fine, but I prefer to have the local show running from my Pre.
    Bump
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  14. #1994  
    Is the engadget feed updating for yall? I click on the post and I can see the new episodes. I haven't been able to get a new episode in a month. I'm using the paid version, but ill try on the homebrew one.
    Last edited by rosenbaaron; 07/21/2010 at 07:34 AM.
  15. swaldman's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #1995  
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    No sign of 1.4.5 here yet, so I'll wait and see if that fixes anything.
    1.4.5 has fixed EscapePod! Woot!
  16. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #1996  
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    1.4.5 has fixed EscapePod! Woot!
    Now if only I could get 1.4.5, I could enjoy the podcast fix as well I know, patience, patience - I'm just venting. I know it'll come eventually. Glad to get confirmation that the fix is working for those of you who have received the update though.
  17. MiDoJo's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #1997  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I have begun keeping a memo file with all the feed URL's listed so if I need to delete my .db file and start over it's much quicker to re-enter all the feeds.
    Why? you can export your feeds straight from podder and reimport them. Also you can use Save/Restore Homebrew and back them up that way.
  18. swaldman's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #1998  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Now if only I could get 1.4.5, I could enjoy the podcast fix as well I know, patience, patience - I'm just venting. I know it'll come eventually. Glad to get confirmation that the fix is working for those of you who have received the update though.
    Oh, I look forward to .us getting 1.4.5, because then the homebrew developers who live there might update UberKernel and a number of patches. I miss my speedy Pre.... ;-)
  19. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1999  
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenbaaron View Post
    Is the engadget feed updating for yall? I click on the post and I can see the new episodes. I haven't been able to get a new episode in a month. I'm using the paid version, but ill try on the homebrew one.
    There's a engadget/patch problem. See http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2487757
  20. #2000  
    Repost
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    drnull can you save text rss feeds with Dr. Podder. I am trying to add a feed and it checks the feed then tells me to input username and password which I do but then the program just sits there.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions