Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    very nice.

how about adding and option to toggle between pounds and kilos...
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I just posted an update for v1.05. Thanks to Rexalbel for all of the great input an a new icon! In regards to the lb vs. kg, they both work. As long as you make sure all your units are the same, the calculations are unit neutral. I can always add it for decoration

So, in terms of the updates:
    - Popup keypad in every scene/card that will automatically add entries to lists as you input them.
    - New weight log scene/card that provides some weight stats and on ongoing weight loss log with toggles for weight gain vs. loss.
    - Lightened up the log a bit so it is easier to read
    - You can put notes in the unit log, just can use any commas, otherwise it gets a bit confused
    - Expanded help page to explain what all those new buttons do!

I'm hearing some people would like a carb counter. You can actually just input carb amounts into the unit log if to like to track them daily. What kind of calculation would be helpful with carb counting? Any suggestions would be great!

I have been looking around for a source of up to date label information for the FDA. Does not seem that they provide a publically accessible database. I think I may be able to integrate a food database at some point; however, it will take time
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    This is the USDA's nutrient database. I think it might have the info you are looking for.
    http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Thanks psm9! This will be very helpful.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    This app is progressing quite nicely. Thanks for your work on this. I have a few questions.

Is there a way for the user to enter each day's new weight, instead of entering the number of lbs lost? It's would be much easier to enter that day's weight, rather than try to figure out the amount lost from the previous day's weight. This way the program would do the math instead of the user.

Does the program total the number of units tracked each day and then reset at midnight?

Any way for the program to automatically export to the calendar at the end of the day with total units and that day's new weight?

Do the Unit Trac and Weight Trac screens need to be on separate pages? One page with both would be nice and it appears there is room - just not sure if it's a calculation issue.

Is there a way to look back at your weight loss history other than moving from day to day in the calendar? Perhaps a single page log with dates and each day's weight.

If these questions were explained somewhere already, I apologize and was not able to find them. If not, perhaps a more detailed, step by step "DietTrac for Dummies" type help screen would be useful.

Thanks again for this program. I look forward to watching it evolve.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman View Post
    Is there a way for the user to enter each day's new weight, instead of entering the number of lbs lost? It's would be much easier to enter that day's weight, rather than try to figure out the amount lost from the previous day's weight. This way the program would do the math instead of the user.
    Yes, that is a good point! That should not be hard to change.

Does the program total the number of units tracked each day and then reset at midnight?
    It keeps a running total until it is cleared by the user. I guess no one tracks weekly units right? Maybe exporting and clearing the list at midnight would be nice...

Any way for the program to automatically export to the calendar at the end of the day with total units and that day's new weight?
    No, it is left up to the user to export, but that would be a good idea. It should be possible to trigger an event like that, I'll need to look into that further.

Do the Unit Trac and Weight Trac screens need to be on separate pages? One page with both would be nice and it appears there is room - just not sure if it's a calculation issue.
    They actually don't NEED to be on separate screens, but I think Rexalbel still has some plans for those areas. Rexalbel, any thoughts on this?

Is there a way to look back at your weight loss history other than moving from day to day in the calendar? Perhaps a single page log with dates and each day's weight.
    That would be helpful. Maybe this is what we should fill up the Weight Trac screen with
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Any way you can password protect this? I'd prefer not to share all the data with others who might use my phone.
    Alright, now that the foundation is set for the app, I will be working with chimeric on how we should think about enhancing these features.

Weight Tacking
    - Someone mentioned the idea of just typing the weight of the day rather then lb's lost. I like the idea too and it would eliminate the need for the switch, however, the only problem I see with this, is that when looking at how much weight you've lost, in a day, you usually want to see the number lost, and not have to do the math every single time. Lets see you look at a weeks worth of weight, wouldn't it get old trying to do the math everytime you want to see how much weight you lost each day? Heres what MAYBE could be done in the future. Maybe if we could think of some logical way to have it be possible to enter your weight, and the app turns it into the amount of lb's lost not your weight, then it would be better, but in the long run, doing the math each day is easier when compared to doing it multiple times at once when trying to compare a week of weight loss. I will look at my excel app and see how I have it set up and maybe try to work with chimeric on getting it set up the same way.
    - having an individual screen for this leaves more room for improvments to this function and less confusion between units and weight.
    - Eventually I'd like it to become more detailed and organized by day, week and month.

Unit Tracking

- Would like more detailed organization such as by day, categorie, activity, then weekly and monthly summaries.
    - Would like to calculate activity units in.
    - would like to save items.
    - would like to have the unit total reset every day and save the total for the previous day.

Other app features I'd like some may be possible, some may not.
    - password protection
    - a status area on the top of the app that keeps the amount of units information and some weight information always on top on every page in the app. (would probably need to work on custom text feilds being small and being able to calculate in those areas so may not be possible idk)
    - badges ever possible on pre like on iphone? (number next to app icon with units still available.) if not a notification when running low on units (specified amount) and keeps tally of remaining units on there.
    - maybe homescreen page with icons for which page? is the calc page a good homescreen?
    - maybe ability to name what the units are called?
    - more customized design. I know it's possible, not sure how easy lol. Look at cool tip calculator, it looks amazing, but who knows how long that took! and how many developers worked on it! But hey we will do our best!
    - any other features you guys suggest that may work in this app.

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Alright, now that the foundation is set for the app, I will be working with chimeric on how we should think about enhancing these features.

Weight Tacking
    - more customized design. I know it's possible, not sure how easy lol. Look at cool tip calculator, it looks amazing, but who knows how long that took! and how many developers worked on it! But hey we will do our best!
    Yep, it can be done. My weakness is design, can't you tell , that's why I need you Rexalbel .

I have been playing around with Mojo long enough now that I have figured out how to alter defalut CSS classes. There are still some quirks with Mojo that I continue to be baffled by, but, who knows, maybe I'll figure it all out at some point .
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Maybe if we could think of some logical way to have it be possible to enter your weight, and the app turns it into the amount of lb's lost not your weight, then it would be better, but in the long run, doing the math each day is easier when compared to doing it multiple times at once when trying to compare a week of weight loss.
    Couldn't the app just accept the day's new weight, calculate the weight lost and store or log both the day's weight and total lbs lost? Then the log could display the results of both fields - "Weight" and "daily change", along with the date. No math required.

- a status area on the top of the app that keeps the amount of units information and some weight information always on top on every page in the app.
    Great idea. I like it. Perhaps the user could select from preferences which, if any, info they want displayed.

- badges ever possible on pre like on iphone? (number next to app icon with units still available.) if not a notification when running low on units (specified amount) and keeps tally of remaining units on there.
    Another good idea. This would prevent having to launch the app to check on number of units left.

- maybe homescreen page with icons for which page? is the calc page a good homescreen?
    How about a home page with the following: A tally of current weight, units left or consumed that day, a field to input units as they're consumed and icons to launch the unit calculator, log, FDA database, etc,. This would provide a functional home screen with access to all the features of the app, plus the ability to enter units (which are entered several times throughout the day) from the convenience of the home page.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Updated version is nice. I like the "tap field for calculation" feature and the food search. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I see in 1.7 it states that there is a food lookup now.

I haven't had a chance to try this yet, though I absolutely LOVE the fact this is built into this app so I don't have to have two separate apps. Two questions/thoughts.

When looking up food, is there a way to have it automatically input the information from it into the unit calc. Like, lets say I search for "Hamburger" and it comes up with one stating its 350 cal's, 10 fat, 1 fiber. Could there be any way (or is there, as I haven't had a chance to try it yet) that you could press a button and it would automatically calculate the "units" for that food and save it to your unit tracking?

Also, to make this perhaps a complete fitness tracker, possibly in the future allow the addition of exercise along with food, that would give you "negative" units or at the very least allow you to track what exercise, how long, and how many calories likely burnt. I don't know if there's a database or api out there that would have "normal" calories burnt for a variety of activities from swimming to biking to basketball, etc, but if so maybe you could use that.

In regards to units for this you could do something similar, having "Exercise Units". The formula for those I believe would need the following info: Activity level of the exercise (light, moderate heavy), the persons weight (your program already has it), and how long its done:

Light Activity (you can feel it a bit but not too stressful):
    Weight x Minutes x .000232 = Activity Points

Moderate Activity (you can feel your heart rate rise a bit and lightly perspite):
    Weight x Minutes x .000327 = Activity Points

High Activity (heart rate rises and you break a good sweat):
    Weight x Minutes x .0008077 = Activity Points

So you could even possibly do (if you're focusing just on units for exercise) a way so they can type in the TYPE of exercise, and then click a button to choose from it being light, moderate, or high. Then a box where you'd put how long you work out for. You'd then hit a calculate number. It'd use the current weight you have listed in the program, plus whatever number is needed for the level of exercise, and give you your "Exercise Units".

This would be a great help in tracking ones Units per day, because you can keep track of how many units you burn off through exercise.

Sorry, I know that was a bit rambly. Great program! Will be downloading the newest version here shortly.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Alright, got a look at the new update. Again, very nice app.

Perhaps there is a way though you could talk to Alans17 about his Nutrition Facts program. While I like the fact you have the search built in, being able to see the actual label without it having to load up the web would be helpful in keeping the program somewhat localized, without having to jump around cards or having to resize web pages to read.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Yep, already talking with Alans17. Apparently, he was trying to extract individual values for calories, fat, fiber, carbs etc. Unfortunately, he hit a snag with the FatSecret API and has decided to stop working on it for now...
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Ok, so new ToDo list:
    - Home Screen
    - Status bar
    - Exercise log with options for actvity levels
    - Additional weight log to track daily weight
    - Work on additons to unit trac
    - Try to do an automatic export at the end of the day to the calendar (maybe - this could require a special program that is always be running in the background to trigger the appropriate event).
    - Badges might not be possible with the current build of WebOS. I have noticed that icon changes typically require the Pre be rebooted in order to reflect the change. That obviously makes a badge implementation impractical.
    - A password option should be doable.
    I cannot figure out how to get this app to automatically add the calories as you enter them. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone have detailed instructions? Would anyone please help me?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    In the main card, you can enter weight and do point/unit calculations. When you go to the weight trac card, you can add weight lost to a running list and it will adjust current weight accordingly. The unit trac card will track units that have been calculated in the main card.

Are you saying that you only want to track calories?
    Having used wwcalc it was good to see this new tool. No matter how you choose to lose maintain etc... if you are not monitoring it.. you will fail.

I cannot seem to get it to keep my current weight into the database. What am I missing?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Are you putting weight lost in the weight trac list? It should update your current weight when you tap the back button. Swiping back does not save the latest update...
    Chimeric, is this app dead? I really hope not. I've been using your app for several months now and I've been hoping you were working on developing some of the features that were discussed earlier in this thread. I recently noticed an update to 1.0.8 was available in the Palm store, but the download fails. And now the app won't load. I don't want to try deleting the original and then reinstalling, because I would lose all my DietTrac calendar information. Any ideas? Thanks. This is still the best diet tracking app available.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast