Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Need database access though...
    I've attached the FDA complete food and nutritional info database which is in the Palm (pdb) format.

I got it from this web site Dotti's Weight Loss Zone which includes several other databases that might be helpful (restaurants, national chains, etc.). Most of these databases include the WW point value. So if there is a way to access these via the DietTrac program, it might prove useful.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I'll be putting this app on my wifes Pre tonight. She had a "point" tracker on her Treo and misses it sorely. Rock on! Keep up the app improvrements.
    not sure about that. It takes a lot of work to do one, but I lost 130 lb's on ww in a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again...

Diets are for the weak.
    this is what i was regarding
    once we can get the initial updates done (log and weight loss tracking) then we could do this maybe. I'll leave that up to chimeric as there's alot of work to do already
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I would like to see a diet calculator based upon u.s. recomended daily values. Ideally, punch in "large banana" and have all the values change, glow angry red when your over, etc.

Need database access though...
    I've been using CalorieKing - Diet and weight loss. Calorie Counter and more from the Pre and it's load times are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    this is what i was regarding
    Points isn't a way to live. It doesn't teach fat people anything except how to count. I've seen people loose a crap load of weight on WW just to gain it all back because they never really learned what a REAL portion is. It takes some REAL reprogramming to be successful in the long term.
    Points isn't a way to live. It doesn't teach fat people anything except how to count. I've seen people loose a crap load of weight on WW just to gain it all back because they never really learned what a REAL portion is. It takes some REAL reprogramming to be successful in the long term.
    Which is true, you can't focus your entire life counting points, however I know PLENTY of people who have lost a ton of weight on weight watchers and kept it off, Including myself. During the holidays is the only times I have went back on it shortly. It's a matter of getting yourself to know how to eat healthier, and better portions. I learned how to make all my favorite foods healthier which made it much easier for me. Now i don't count points, but make the same meals I did before using the same ingredients and I have been fine. the hardest part is starting and seeing results and without some form of structure it is hard. Weight Watchers gives that structure and people like it. If it works, people loose weight and keep it off awesome! I am living proof it does, and know plenty it helped. I am not quite sure what you mean by real programing, but it took a lot of work for me to get rid of my old habits and learn how to cook differently. I truly commend anyone on any diet that works and they keep it off! That's why this app is very important to me. Keeping it organized keeping track of what you eat is key, and having it on a mobile device makes it so much easier as it was always a problem logging my stuff before mobile apps. I sincerely like the idea of having dotts data base later on as I used it ALL the time when going out!

If you do not believe in a diet that promotes healthy portions and tries to maintain normal eating with better choices, I respectfully disagree. There are other diets similar to this that also promote the same basic idea and they are important. Everyone has different tastes and as long as it is within healthy means I totally respect anyone who benefits!
    You've certainly misunderstood me... which is understandable. I was certainly kidding regarding the "diets are for the weak" comment, hence the smiley. I've lost a few pounds myself, and it was something I used to say to people a lot when they would comment on my weightloss, just to confuse them (but it makes sense, people become fatty's because they have a weakness for food; hence Diets are for the weak... who want to become strong with willpower, but I never finished the statement to people for giggles).

The problem I have with WW's now is their prepackaged crap (not their bread products for some reason, they are a decent product with a good macro profile); the frozen meals have to be the worst thing anyone can possibly eat. It doesn't teach portion control or even proper nutrition for that matter. The point system works to a degree, the real success (which is why you've succeeded) comes from educating one's self. The point system only works if people try to understand their bodies (i.e. calories in vs calories out, water weight, macro portions, glycogen stores, body fat vs LMM, proper exercising for their circumstances etc.) Case in point... I'll watch a tubby in the gym, she'll work out for 45 minutes, some very light weights (too light for her, where almost zero effort is being made to move those 5 lb dumbbells), she'll go to the treadmill for about 20 minutes (walking, maybe burns about 100 calories, if that) then takes herself over to the Juice Bar area, orders a Choco-PB blast, worth about 600 calories (maybe more). She has spent money on a trainer there (which do not help with nutrition at all) and as far as I can tell, has probably gained weight since being there.

Sorry, its obvious that you've worked really hard. But people like my sister-in-law who Yo-Yo with WW's (she deserves it, she doesn't learn beyond what they tell her there which is my issue as stated above) are the real one's I feel sorry for.
    [QUOTE=Darth Pooh;1776723]... [She] doesn't learn beyond what they tell her there ..../QUOTE]

Actually, it seems as I'd she doesn't even learn that much. For me, lessons in portion control came early and often. I don't cook, so, yes, I relied on frozen meals to get by, but I eat out, too. They hammered hom how doing Good only to reward yourself with Bad is ... bad.
    No problem man I didn't take offense, just had to make sure you understood tdiets are harf work, but now I understand what you mean you are right about the prepackaged meals. I didn't even go to meetingd. Delf taught myself. I merely used the point tracking as a better balance of calories and fat. But learning is key in any diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    ... [She] doesn't learn beyond what they tell her there ....
    Actually, it seems as I'd she doesn't even learn that much. For me, lessons in portion control came early and often. I don't cook, so, yes, I relied on frozen meals to get by, but I eat out, too. They hammered hom how doing Good only to reward yourself with Bad is ... bad.
    Indeed... get a new pair of shoes for god's sakes! Not a night out at OCB yano?

No problem man I didn't take offense, just had to make sure you understood tdiets are harf work, but now I understand what you mean you are right about the prepackaged meals. I didn't even go to meetingd. Delf taught myself. I merely used the point tracking as a better balance of calories and fat. But learning is key in any diet.
    Oh, I understand how hard they can be alright

Self taught = continued success, in my experience. They gave you the initial tools for the first taste of success (excuse the pun). You took it from there... technically you are doing a simplified version of calories in vs. calories out which is basically the law of thermodynamics at best (sorta, then you get into macro partitioning and stuff, but most people don't worry about that until lower body fat, ~15% and lower for males and ~20% and lower for females). Whew sorry... that's probably more than you wanted to know... Lyle McDonald - Bodyrecomposition for-the-win
    Wow that was more than I knew lol. Alittle over my head but very interesting. I would rather have learned things myself, learn my own recipies and tips than go to a meeting and pay to be told how to do something I think its more prominent to work when you work hard at it and teach yourself. Now I can make my favorite foods healthier And still satisfy my love for good food
    Indeed... seems we both have the common number for weight loss too. Kudos to you.
    And to you to! And anyone else who has succeeded in weight loss by true hard work and dedication!! Kudos to you all
    Can't wait to try this app out!
    And to you to! And anyone else who has succeeded in weight loss by true hard work and dedication!! Kudos to you all
    Not to completely throw this off topic (apologies all), 130 lbs = loose skin at all for you? I've had to consider a tummy tuck due to it.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman View Post
    I've attached the FDA complete food and nutritional info database which is in the Palm (pdb) format.

I got it from this web site [url= Weight Loss Zone [/url] which includes several other databases that might be helpful (restaurants, national chains, etc.). Most of these databases include the WW point value. So if there is a way to access these via the DietTrac program, it might prove useful.
    Unfortunately, the Pre now uses a different format for databases and does not natively support *.pdb files (at least I'm almost positive it doesn't). We'll need to see if we can incorporate this info into HTML5...
    Honestly not sure yet because I have about 40 or so stubern lbs but its a concern on my stomach and thighs. I'm trying to exercise my stomach and thighs as much as possible before I finish up again. Hoping it helps... I guess that's our punishment for letting ourselves get that way.
    as far as the app goes, 1.1 is in development by chimeric! I have already submited my graphics.

To dos for This release will include an onscreen numeric keyboard, a simple point tally system and improved ui
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast