Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Always been a fan of the geocaching...thanks for your hard work, I will test too if you need testers. Keep it up!
    Keep em coming!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtkwol View Post
    Glad you asked...Webkit transform - WebOS Internals. If you find more webkit transformations and use them in your app, please add it to the page. The arrow itself is kind of surprise I'm saving for release of the ipk, but I will tell you that the rotate script can rotate anything from tables to images to divs.

thanks for that info. it is the last missing piece of the puzzle I need for my application that will do the same thing. haha. but don't worry I bet my app won't be as good.

if you have interest, maybe we could combine to do a really awesome geocaching application.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtkwol View Post
    Glad you asked...Webkit transform - WebOS Internals. If you find more webkit transformations and use them in your app, please add it to the page. The arrow itself is kind of surprise I'm saving for release of the ipk, but I will tell you that the rotate script can rotate anything from tables to images to divs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    thanks for that info. it is the last missing piece of the puzzle I need for my application that will do the same thing. haha. but don't worry I bet my app won't be as good.

if you have interest, maybe we could combine to do a really awesome geocaching application.
    What do you think about a collaboration?

Both apps have some really nice features.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    First bit of help I need from beta testers...I need you to check the heading that shows up when you aren't moving, it should be -1, but I think that was broken with 1.1. If you could find out and vote on Palm's forum, Forums webOS • View topic - Heading not returning -1. Thanks for the help.
    i plan to use this for fishing, and since i am a cheap ******* who doesn't wanna spend more money on a gps for my boat, i would appreciate it if you could save locations, or if i find a good spot just click a button "save current coordinates"
    Just downloaded. Will test out today.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Looks like this will eat batteries for breakfast, tested it on a trip to work and burned through 10% in 20 minutes. So I wouldn't plan to track down any really long distance caches on this. I'm not sure if much can be done for it, as it is using the GPS radio and screen on continuously
    Updated thread title to:
    Handheld GPS 0.6.0 (geocaching app)(7/26)

Nice work!

- Craig
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    So.... I think this app lets you enter lat/long and then points you in the right direction? Might be useful to put a summary of what the app does, in the first post of the thread.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    New release 0.6.1, bugs should be fixed with the arrow angle going outside the 0-359 range. I added a few messages indicating action is taking place. By popular demand, current location can be grabbed.

The GPS likes to act up when you are standing still, so I use the "current location" button and then "start tracking" to make sure it is looking at the right location.

I will be working on the option to save points using the depot option, but importing from file will probably be on the back burner for a bit.
    Last edited by sgtkwol; 07/30/2009 at 09:34 PM.
    Update thread title to:
    Handheld GPS - geocaching app 0.6.1 [was 0.6.0] (7/30)

- Craig
    A very nice feature that will attrack adventure racers (like me - who have bought the $400 garmins GPS's) would be the ability to enter and display the coordinates in UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator)Universal Transverse Mercator coordinate system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12