Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Important News!!! TipCalc has been submitted to Palm for inclusion into the official App store. The version from PreCentral will cease to work after September 15, 2009. However, TipCalc will initially be free in the official Palm store. I don't know when I will change the price to paid, but I wanted to let you all know that you WILL have the opportunity to get the App FOR FREE from the official store (with all future update being FREE, if you downloaded the original one for free). I hope there will be little lag time (if any) between the Precentral version expiring and the official inclusion into the App store, but I can't be too sure. Please PM me with any questions.

Make sure you download the App from the Precentral Homebrew App catalog.

update: Due to many fine suggestions and requests, here is version 1.0.1 of TipCalc. Please continue to send me suggestions, as I want TipCalc to be your calculator of choice. Please let me know also if you find any bugs. Please download the latest version! People continue to ask for features that my program already has (such as SPLITS)! Thanks

Donations would be helpful! Please donate what you feel compelled to give. You can of course use it for free, but if you like the app, your donations help me to continue to incorporate changes and increase functionality!

Not to compete with the other fine tip calculator here, but I wanted something with a little less crowding on the screen, with a chance to play with some of the formatting.

My license is:

""This application is available for free until the App hits the official App Store, but cannot be redistributed, and the source code is not open source"

Of course I would appreciate any donations, but do not expect them. I want you to enjoy my App! Pm me if you would like to donate, though!

Changelog
    v1.0.6 [8/22/09]
    This version was all about incorporating my most requested features in to the app (besides a virtual keypad.) thank you for your loyal support everyone, keep sending my your feedback
    • Added Preferences Screen
    • You can now have tip calculated off of entire bill (subtotal + tax) or just off subtotal
    • You can now round based on the tip or round based on the total
    • Calculated Tax is always shown in the Tip Information Box
    • Major overhaul on the backend

v1.0.5 [8/20/09]
    • Fixed bug where the notifications had an error when rounding with a split bill
    • Changed the domain name. this will result in a second copy of Tipcalc on your phone. Simply function-tap the old app and delete the old one!

v1.0.4 [8/18/09]
    • Updated to include a banner notification when you round up or down. This alerts you to the percentage you ended up tipping.

v1.0.3 [8/14/09]
    • Minor Style Fixes
    • Removed the header to allow for more space
    • added about menu back in

v1.0.2 [8/09/09]
    • Fixed Text Entry so it's much cleaner
    • Fixed a Cookie issue for settings
    • Added Version Number to Header
    • Minor Speed Enhancement

v1.0.1 [8/08/09]
    • Added Absolute/Percent Tip Amount
    • App remembers tax amount and tip amounts
    • App is now fullscreen

v1.0.0 [7/29/09]
    • Added Exact Change, Round Up, Round Down Options
    • Removed bug where NaN would display with invalid input
    • Added Split Option
    • Speed Enhancements

v0.0.2 [7/27/09]
    • Autoformats periods if user does not enter
    • Minor Bug Fixes
    • Speed enhancements

v0.0.1[7/23/09]
    Initial Release
    Last edited by palandri; 09/11/2009 at 01:03 PM.
    looks good and easy to use.. thanks
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    has anyone actually tried this out yet? I would really love some feedback so I can make it better. the next version already autoformats the periods and fixes some bugs. would like to incorporate feedback before next release though. thanks! Adam
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I definitely like the look of this tip calculator best but I think it certainly needs a bill splitter before I can download it. Just my opinion. Also, give suggested tips based on rounding to a specific total, or rounding the tip to an even number. I've seen an iPhone one that does this and its very nice!
    Palm Pre Wallpapers
    Free backgrounds for your Palm Pre!
    Pick from hundreds of beautiful and artistic pictures to show off your new Pre!

Follow me on Twitter: @joshh347
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Josh, thanks for the feedback. I will try to figure out a clean way to add a bill splitter.
    Also, why do you need a calculate button? Couldn't you just have it constantly calculate depending on input changes? Would make it a little easier / simpler.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Also, why do you need a calculate button? Couldn't you just have it constantly calculate depending on input changes? Would make it a little easier / simpler.
    Excellent Idea, this will allow for me add in a widget for the bill split.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Thank you all for your comments and feedback. Version 1.0.0 was just released. Check the changelog for details.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Great job on rounding. I'd love to see an option for a palindrome. For example, a bill of 56.24would (depending on the tip %) could give a tip of 9.32, totaling 65.56, a palindrome (easy to spot on statements).

Check out tipTapp for a good example (I added it as an item in the launcher I liked it so much. Need to see it in an app)
    Love the function of the app... As I'm sure you know, while inputting data it looks a little weird, but its fine afterwords. Also, possibly a toggle to set a tip percentage instead of an amount?
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    Love the function of the app... As I'm sure you know, while inputting data it looks a little weird, but its fine afterwords. Also, possibly a toggle to set a tip percentage instead of an amount?
    Do you mean a text entry for the tip so you can manually specify? The integer selector currently does allow you select the amount.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Interesting that the tax field is a dollar amount and not percentage. Not sure which way I like better.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    The app looks great! I would, though, suggest a function to split the bill. I have seen other tip calc apps on other (iPhone) devices which enable more functions. Love the apps ability though.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Interesting that the tax field is a dollar amount and not percentage. Not sure which way I like better.
    If you are traveling you may not know the percentage for the state you are in. Thus my rational (it's easy to read the tax amount off the bill)

Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    The app looks great! I would, though, suggest a function to split the bill. I have seen other tip calc apps on other (iPhone) devices which enable more functions. Love the apps ability though.
    Version 1.0.0 does include a Split function. Let me know if you are having trouble with it!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Very nice with 1.0. I like how you have the tax set up now; I don't even know the tax percent where I live! The one thing I would suggest is a way to save a default tip percent, peehaps in Preferences. That way I don't have to change it each time.
    Default tax percent please
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    or option for tax percent or tax dollar amount
    Adma84

Thanks for making this app. I have a suggestion...

- Option to change tax dollar/percentage.
    - If possible_ make it so the number inputs (subtotal, tax) an be picked using finger. Just like how the tax percentage is.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    Default tax percent please
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    or option for tax percent or tax dollar amount
    I will add this on the next version. I haven't looked into cookies, yet, so I don't know if I will 'remember' a default value on the next version
    Nice app thx for making it

I think I ran into a bug. Try this:

1. Input an amount into the subtotal field, then in the tax field
    2. Now click into the subtotal field and use shift-delete to delete the entire field

Expexted behavior: start typing in another amount using keyboard, which would be automatically in number-lock

Actual behavior: letters are entered instead of numbers, because number-lock isn't on.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast