Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    this is true..

i guess i never looked at it that way..
    lol, just curious. Thanks for giving it a shot anyway.
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Nice app. Thanks for the changes. Very user friendly , easy to use,
    A BAD DAY SKIING AND ROCK CLIMBING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    TipIt should expire today. I will push out an update tonight for you all, since Palm hasn't accepted it yet.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Adam,
    TipIt just landed in the app catalog. I downloaded it immediately.
    I said I would comment when that happened.
    I love it. It is simple and uncluttered and does what it is supposed to do.
    I really like the fact that it comes up with a clear subtotal field when you start the program.
    I do have some suggestions:
    Is it possible to process the digits entered as they are entered rather than having to switch out of the field to process them?
    I would like it if there were a better way to handle rounding tip/total rather than using preferences. If it has to be in preferences, changing the button labels to indicate which way it is set would be a big help. It is likely days between app usage and I'm sure I will forget the preference setting.
    Possibly having the round buttons pop up 2 choices or a single round button with 4 choices. I am inclined toward two round buttons the way it is now.
    Thanks,
    Ira
    I remember when I installed Tipit and had the first opportunity to use it. It was at a group function where about half of my group (31 people) showed up. When the bill came, I pulled out my PRE, ready to show off the power of the Pre. I put in the sub-total, and entered the number of people. Oops! I can only select 25 people maximum. But we had 31 people
    Red-faced, I pull up calculator and did the math.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirIra View Post
    Adam,
    TipIt just landed in the app catalog. I downloaded it immediately.
    I said I would comment when that happened.
    I love it. It is simple and uncluttered and does what it is supposed to do.
    I really like the fact that it comes up with a clear subtotal field when you start the program.
    I do have some suggestions:
    Is it possible to process the digits entered as they are entered rather than having to switch out of the field to process them?
    I would like it if there were a better way to handle rounding tip/total rather than using preferences. If it has to be in preferences, changing the button labels to indicate which way it is set would be a big help. It is likely days between app usage and I'm sure I will forget the preference setting.
    Possibly having the round buttons pop up 2 choices or a single round button with 4 choices. I am inclined toward two round buttons the way it is now.
    Thanks,
    Ira
    I will think about the feedback you gave me, I really appreciate your support!

Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazer View Post
    I remember when I installed Tipit and had the first opportunity to use it. It was at a group function where about half of my group (31 people) showed up. When the bill came, I pulled out my PRE, ready to show off the power of the Pre. I put in the sub-total, and entered the number of people. Oops! I can only select 25 people maximum. But we had 31 people
    Red-faced, I pull up calculator and did the math.
    Im very sorry about that, I could easily increase that, and will do so on the next version I hope you give it another chance!
    It is a great app. Is it possible to make it such that we could enter a 2 digit number for the "Split #"?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazer View Post
    It is a great app. Is it possible to make it such that we could enter a 2 digit number for the "Split #"?
    Not sure what you mean by 'enter' I could increase the split number range, from 1 up to 100 or something
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Adam,
    I posted a reply to your question in the Bill Please forum.
    Ira
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Adam,
    I posted a reply to your question in the Bill Please forum.
    Ira
    I responded as well. Thanks
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    I responded as well. Thanks
    Updated over there as well.
    Ira
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Adam,
    Any plans for an update?
    If you need more room on the screen, could you put the last 3 lines in a single field instead of 3 fields? Just a thought.
    A bunch of tip calculators have appeared in the App Catalog. I tried them all. I still come back to yours. A couple of tweaks and it will be perfect :-)
    Ira
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Adam,
    Any plans for an update?
    If you need more room on the screen, could you put the last 3 lines in a single field instead of 3 fields? Just a thought.
    A bunch of tip calculators have appeared in the App Catalog. I tried them all. I still come back to yours. A couple of tweaks and it will be perfect :-)
    Ira
    I have tweaked and submitted a minor update. Unfortunately, palms process takes soo long to approve, that my development has slowed down a lot :-( Thanks for your continued support though!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    adam
    an update hit the app catalog yesterday. The only thing I saw in it was immediate keystroke processing. Was there anything else?
    What's next?
    Ira
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    That and when you select on a box it autohighlights now. The major thing was that it is now localized for any country so that their currency is displayed properly. I am not sure what I will do in the next version, probably have to attack it for formatting issues to fit the Pixi. My main development is in a fuel tracking app(if you are interested in beta testing, shoot me a PM).
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Adam,
    With autohighlighting, I take back my comment about starting the program with a clear subtotal box. I think I would rather see the subtotal box selected, with the last value in it, highlighted. That way if you needed to make corrections you could and if you were starting anew, you could just start entering a new value.
    I really would like to see a better way to handle the rounding preference. It really doesn't work well with no indication of its setting on the main page. See my suggestions earlier.
    Regards,
    Ira
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Adam,
    With autohighlighting, I take back my comment about starting the program with a clear subtotal box. I think I would rather see the subtotal box selected, with the last value in it, highlighted. That way if you needed to make corrections you could and if you were starting anew, you could just start entering a new value.
    I really would like to see a better way to handle the rounding preference. It really doesn't work well with no indication of its setting on the main page. See my suggestions earlier.
    Regards,
    Ira
    Ira, I will look into a better way to do this for the next release. It will be weeks (maybe months) before palm accepts an update to TipIt, but it will come eventually :-)
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Adam,
    Any prospects on an update or is holiday shoping keeping you busy? :-)
    Ira
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Adam,
    Any prospects on an update or is holiday shoping keeping you busy? :-)
    Ira
    Ira, due to personal reasons, I've had to pretty much completely stop development. If things change, I may be able to resume next summer, but unfortunately, it's not looking good right now. Thanks for reaching out though!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear that.
    Have a happy holiday season. I hope the new year is a better one for you.
    Regards,
    Ira
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast