Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Posted too soon. It works, you have to enter a tax amount. Great App
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbumper View Post
    I fill in the amounts but it shows no tip amount or total amount. How do you get the totals?
    if you hit enter or click out of the boxes (anywhere on the screen pretty much) it should calculate
    Another vote for the ability to put the tax in as a percentage; I was wondering why it was making no sense in the math when I put in 6 for the tax rate.

Also, it is standard to tip based on the pre-tax amount. (People in high tax states could get clobbered with it set the way it is.)

If you take the redundant title off the top - it doesn't matter if you like it; it wastes space that could be used to be more functional for your users - you'll have room to add splits, etc. that people are asking for.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    The app work well, however, when I leave a tip, I round up the tip, not the bill total. How about adding the option to round up or down the tip amount?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    Another vote for the ability to put the tax in as a percentage; I was wondering why it was making no sense in the math when I put in 6 for the tax rate.

Also, it is standard to tip based on the pre-tax amount. (People in high tax states could get clobbered with it set the way it is.)

If you take the redundant title off the top - it doesn't matter if you like it; it wastes space that could be used to be more functional for your users - you'll have room to add splits, etc. that people are asking for.
    The Tip is calculated on the Subtotal amount NOT, (TAX not included).

Can Someone please tell me why people keep requesting me to add splits? Version 1.0.0 has had splits! Are people downloading the old version? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    OK, I made most of the feature requests that people asked for. Please note that Splits are still there! Grab it from the catalog.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Nice job, but it doesn't quite fit on the screen. One way to save space is to remove the header. It says tip calc up in the corner. We don't need to be told twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    lol, i guess some don't think it's as attractive as I do :-) I will consider either shrinking it or removing it altogether. Thanks colonel kernel.

Would anyone be interested in a dark styled version?
    Looks like the new version removed the upper left menu item which said "tip calc". Now we can't see the version number that we have
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Looks like the new version removed the upper left menu item which said "tip calc". Now we can't see the version number that we have
    I may add that back in the future. If you want to know the version you have, just press Orange button and click on the App Icon, or go to the software portion of the Info application on the third page of your apps.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Added Version to header title, so it's easier to see what you have. Also fixed some bugs, and made text entry more attractive (finally). Minor Speed improvements!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Can those of you that have appreciated my work/app please rate the App here:

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/tipcalc

I would like to have a chance in the predev challenge! Thanks!!!

Also, I would like to hear some feedback on V 1.0.2
    I am very impressed with how well you have made this app. Please consider making another change though. You may not want to round up or down when splitting the bill between something like 2 people because that can give a number that the server might not like. Especially if the bill is small...
    Thanks again for the hard work!
    -Ben
    Do I need to re-install apps when they are updated? Or do they update themselves?
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shayne67 View Post
    Do I need to re-install apps when they are updated? Or do they update themselves?
    Thanks!
    shayne, you will need to go grab the new app, it does not get auto updated. from my experience, you can just install the new one "over" the old one. This way, any databases and cookies will be preserved!
    Great App!

One request... I would like a number pad to pop up if i tap on the blue "subtotal" text... so I don't have to open the keyboard

If you add that, this app will be awesome
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soljarag View Post
    Great App!

One request... I would like a number pad to pop up if i tap on the blue "subtotal" text... so I don't have to open the keyboard

If you add that, this app will be awesome
    That is something I do plan on adding. I haven't done it yet, because I wanted a really clean and nice looking entry pad and haven't had time to dream it up. Thanks for your support. I really appreciate the feedback!
    This is a great app. I was a little cranky at first because the % looked like it was default to 0, but in reality it was not and it was necessary to actually input 0 (no tax here).
    Very handy to have at lunch
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyydream View Post
    This is a great app. I was a little cranky at first because the % looked like it was default to 0, but in reality it was not and it was necessary to actually input 0 (no tax here).
    Very handy to have at lunch
    It should also remember that your rate is 0 as well each future time you use it! Make sure you rate the app if you are pleased with it!
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    It would be better if the following info was always displayed:
    *Subtotal
    *Tax Rate AND Tax Amount
    -- Maybe have Rate displayed on left and Amount on right and the user can input into any of the two fields. If rate is input then amount is auto calculated and displayed. If Amount is input then Rate is calculated and displayed.
    *Total Tip even if Split bill
    *Total Owed AND Total Each or Per Person

I was trying to think if it is necessary to show Total Tip AND Split Tip for a split bill, but I don't think it is necessary. Only Total Tip is important since Total Owed can be shown afterwards and then finally the Total Per Person.

If displayed as shown above then the line items would make more sense and be visible to the user to be able to see how the total was calculated. Currently the app doesn't allow you to see all the amounts that equal to the total bill. Hope this makes sense.
    Thank you for the App. I like all the changes you have made. Keep up the good work. This App will really come in handy especially for some of us that travel a lot. I definitely have this app on my launcher .

Thanks again,

Shou (Paul)
    A BAD DAY SKIING AND ROCK CLIMBING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Both POVs on rounding are equally valid:

1) If there's no split, I'd most likely pay with a credit card and won't care about a rounded total, so I'd probably round up the tip instead.
    2) If splitting and/or simply want to throw down some cash and go, I'd rather round the total.

IMO, accommodating both scenarios, ie, creating toggle for which amount gets rounded, could enhance your already very useful app, without injecting undue complexity (of course, it's really no big deal to round one or the other in my head, but after all, it's a calculator, right?).

Nice app, tyvm.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast