Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Nice app thx for making it

I think I ran into a bug. Try this:

1. Input an amount into the subtotal field, then in the tax field
    2. Now click into the subtotal field and use shift-delete to delete the entire field

Expexted behavior: start typing in another amount using keyboard, which would be automatically in number-lock

Actual behavior: letters are entered instead of numbers, because number-lock isn't on.
    interesting find...not even sure how to fix that at the moment. Thanks for checking out the app.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    working on saving off user preferences so that you don't have to reselect things you use often. Also working to incorporate a tax%/tax absolute toggle. I also added a Paypal donate link to the main page if you feel compelled to donate anything for my work. Thanks!
    Nice job, but it doesn't quite fit on the screen. One way to save space is to remove the header. It says tip calc up in the corner. We don't need to be told twice.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Nice job, but it doesn't quite fit on the screen. One way to save space is to remove the header. It says tip calc up in the corner. We don't need to be told twice.
    lol, i guess some don't think it's as attractive as I do :-) I will consider either shrinking it or removing it altogether. Thanks colonel kernel.

Would anyone be interested in a dark styled version?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Would like to have a choice of how to round up/down. If the bill is going to be split, I usually want to round the split amount. If the bill is not going to be split, I usually want to round the tip amount.
    Great APP! I'm def sending a donation. Nice and simple you know.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Great app!

How about just a total instead of having to enter the subtotal and tax? Also, when calculating the cost per person the tip is divided as well, how bout just putting the total tax cost incase 1 person is paying and needs to write the total on the receipt.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtacura View Post
    Great app!

How about just a total instead of having to enter the subtotal and tax? Also, when calculating the cost per person the tip is divided as well, how bout just putting the total tax cost incase 1 person is paying and needs to write the total on the receipt.
    I am working on a way to toggle between total tax versus %tax now. I will also think about your other suggestions. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I live in Oregon where there is no sales tax and when I enter or tap passed the tax and leave it at the default 0.00 it does not auto-calculate the totals. I actually have to type in 0 for it to calculate.

Also, going back to my previous suggestion... I'd like the option to round off the tip instead of the total. Because if you think about it... I couldn't care less if my total has some change on it... it's going on a card and I don't have to count anything. However if I round off my total and tip the waitress $3.47 then she potentially has to pull out 3 dollar bills and 47 cents in change out of the til at the end of her night. I like to round theirs off to .25 increments or even dollars. Just my take on it. Take it as you will.
    Palm Pre Wallpapers
    Free backgrounds for your Palm Pre!
    Pick from hundreds of beautiful and artistic pictures to show off your new Pre!

Follow me on Twitter: @joshh347
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    you're assuming that every single other customer is going to round the tip too...if anyone else doesn't round, it throws off all of your logic when their shifts over
    Quote Originally Posted by gtacura View Post
    Great app!

How about just a total instead of having to enter the subtotal and tax?
    +1, in the interest of simplicity. just enter the bill's total, if i skip the tax section, it should calculate anyway. otherwise, very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    +1, in the interest of simplicity. just enter the bill's total, if i skip the tax section, it should calculate anyway. otherwise, very nice.
    some people don't tip on tax.

round up/down should be whole dollars, not change.
    i think the app is great thanks for the hard work
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhilman View Post
    some people don't tip on tax.

round up/down should be whole dollars, not change.
    The tip is not calculated on tax at all. Purely on the subtotal. Round up/down is for people who want to throw down an even amount of money on the table and leave, knowing what tip the waitress gets. The waitress gets her money at the end of the night usually anyway, so it's bound to be an odd amount.
    Thank you for the App.. Bill Split would be nice like others sugested. Thanks again
    I can't delete the app. It just reappears when I try to remove it.
    Follow Me On

Nice app...one suggestion

On the tax field...the other calcs are using % which is good/bad and you use $ amount which is good/bad.

In the Tax area can you puta radial button to select whether you are putting in a percent or dollar amount and have ot calculate based on what you select. Sometimes i need one and sometimes the other.

Thanks,

Other than that it works great. And nice touch with the round up/down so all of use that like to leave the total with tip at a flat dollar amount!
    would be nice that if you chose to round up or round down it would now show you what your new tip % is.

toggle between $ or % for tip would be real nice also
    Last edited by jschramm; 08/07/2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: new thought
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shou5 View Post
    Thank you for the App.. Bill Split would be nice like others sugested. Thanks again
    Version 1.0.0 does have multisplit?

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I can't delete the app. It just reappears when I try to remove it.
    When I try it on mine, it removes. Anyone else have this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Nice app...one suggestion

On the tax field...the other calcs are using % which is good/bad and you use $ amount which is good/bad.

In the Tax area can you puta radial button to select whether you are putting in a percent or dollar amount and have ot calculate based on what you select. Sometimes i need one and sometimes the other.

Thanks,

Other than that it works great. And nice touch with the round up/down so all of use that like to leave the total with tip at a flat dollar amount!
    my next version does have this, haven't had time to complete it yet though.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I fill in the amounts but it shows no tip amount or total amount. How do you get the totals?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast