Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LtTibbles View Post
    Good sir, this was in fact one of the sole reasons I moved to a smart phone, in hopes of being able to remotely add and manage my torrents for my (far too large) media collection. I was literally in the process of typing out a request when I saw this, and frankly its eerie. Its a great first step, and obviously like everyone else my only suggestion is to broaden the search engines used, perhaps you could use scrapetorrent which scrapes all the sites at once?I also will pm you about a demonoid account if you want. One other thing, I've typicallt used utorrent (even though I run ubuntu) but for some reason it seems to be impossible to access utorrents webui from the pre much less add anything. This is officially my favorite app so far and I can't wait to see it developed more! Best of luck you're helping me out tons!
    Yeah I can't get utorrents webui to work with the pre either. Pissed me right off. Does it work with the iphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    demonoid pleeeeeaaassee!!! ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by fordaaronj View Post
    2. to also be able to connect to the torrelay service (I just requested their api today) so that you can download an album or something directly to your phone.
    You would make heads explode if you could get this part of the app working.

Oh em gee, can you say EPIC WIN if this gets enabled?
    so for Transmission, do I need a Mac?
    I feel semi lost on all this...
    kind of new to some of this...
    I guess I just don't see how it all works.

Like with the web interface and such?
    Any help? lol.
    Great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by justkeptfading View Post
    so for Transmission, do I need a Mac?
    I feel semi lost on all this...
    kind of new to some of this...
    I guess I just don't see how it all works.

Like with the web interface and such?
    Any help? lol.
    Transmission is the default torrent handling program packaged with ubuntu, and it has a client for mac as well (actually not sure really which came first). As of now there isn't really a GOOD working version for windows but with some tinkering it will work under xp at least. Imho transmission is a solid program, but even putting my pro-buntu bias away utorrent is still the best program out there. For whatever reason(the dev of the utorrent webui didn't know either and he doesn't have a pre) the webui for utorrent doesn't "work" on the pre... Like at akl. If utorrent really can't work , or if its impossible to use utorrent with this app I'll pro ably be switching to transmission solely for this function.
    Could I possibly get a invite code? Thanks! BTW this app looks awesome and hope it performs well.
    Not sure if anyone else mentioned this but when you try to move the app icon, the green globe is just MASSIVE! I actually LOL'ed and thought it was hilarious. More apps should do this! ;-P
  9.    #69  
    May I suggest Torpredo for a name? Capitalization of course subject to taste (i.e., TorPredo or somesuch).
    Lovin that. Look forward to that next release here, credit to you, thanks.

Just out of curiosity, Why did you choose Transmission as opposed to utorrent to Deluge?
    As someone else mentioned, this was made first out of self-interest and I decided I'd publish it in case anyone else was in the same situation. Transmission is the default client on ubuntu, and I like it. That being said, I would have made it work with utorrent as well if their webui wored with the pre. If there is significant desire for another client, let me know and I'll add it in.

One thing I noticed is your icon.png is way too big. It is 512x512, when it should be 64x64. When you try to move the icon to a different page in luna, you will see it takes up the whole screen. The smaller icon will also take much less space.
    Haha I like to consider this a "feature." But in reality it looks like I missed that. Next release will fix that.

defin add 'demonoid.com' and 'btjunkie.com'
    Demonoid for sure soon, we will see about btjunkie.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this but when you try to move the app icon, the green globe is just MASSIVE! I actually LOL'ed and thought it was hilarious. More apps should do this! ;-P
    See, it's a "feature."

As an update, torrelay won't respond. If anyone else wants to try and request their api and then forward it on to me I would greatly appreciate it.

On the other hand, it looks like their mobile web site works in the pre browser, and with the download patch enabled, one can successfully just import a mininova id or torrent address and download straight to the phone...pretty exciting. If I don't get their api soon, I will just implement it using their website, which once again will require a little patching.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm really lost here. I see a file downloading in the sample jpgs, but I can't download anything. When i go to click on an item I searched for the program does not respond either.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Can someone please help me with this whole windows and transmission thing? I got the app on my phone but now i need to get it working.
    this is going to be beautiful! It was the first thing I dreamed of when I got my Pre!!

This and tethering = heaven!!

I know I know... I don't plan to use massive amounts of data transfer, but the option for torrent transfer when I am far from home is just amazing!
  13.    #73  
    Update posted in first post...0.2.0 out
    Update posted in first post...0.2.0 out
    okay i am very confused are you just talking about rtorrent in your new version 2.0 note or are you saying your app has moved from transmission to rtorrent as the client?

also can you do the edit and build the file then post it here or is there a licencing issue with that.
    MatterOfFactJack
  15.    #75  
    Sorry about the confusion, I updated the first post. When you click a result you now have the option of either going to the Transmission web interface or downloading the torrent file to a folder of your choosing on the phone.

And if someone can fill me in on the licensing I'd appreciate it.
    Sorry about the confusion, I updated the first post. When you click a result you now have the option of either going to the Transmission web interface or downloading the torrent file to a folder of your choosing on the phone.

And if someone can fill me in on the licensing I'd appreciate it.
    I am unable to archive the file after editing the index.html. even after that what do you do with it? so my home computer hosts the web interface for transmission?
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    help on how to set this app I just download this great app good work guys but I don't get to work it ( torpredo ) on preferences from where I get those transmissions host and port and how.tks
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Ok i have never done anything like this before but I have managed to stumble through and get my Pre rooted and install rtorrent but im not sure if I installed the other 3 components and im totally lost from there as far as creating a file in the home directory and all of the peer settings. can someone please get me through this?
    I have been wanting something like this for years!
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    very cool. will this have access to private sites like demoniod and blackcats?
    Wait...I thought Blackcats died in 2007....

PM me if something has changed.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast