Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuccck View Post
    Total apps - 106

I have set out to keep an updated linked list of all homebrew apps in hopes that we can have all the apps in one place. According to Dieter, Precentral is working something but this would be a good interim solution. Please post any version updates or new apps you do not see on the list. The most recent updates are displayed in bold.

All app versions are up to date as of the edit time below. To see the versions of all your downloaded apps on your Pre bring up the launcher. Then go to Launcher Menu in the upper left hand corner and tap List Apps. Use this screen to check with the versions listed below.

By the way, I have a favor to ask. If you guys are diggers out there, please help me get me and my Fiancee's engagement story up there on the front page. It's about bacon! Full explanation here.

Games

Fun

Utilities

Development/System

Calculators
    gDial pro is now 2.2 i think
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    anyone going to make a video camera app? i am sure people would be willing to pay for that
    Quote Originally Posted by joepicco47 View Post
    anyone going to make a video camera app? i am sure people would be willing to pay for that
    for real!!!
    How about a barcode scanning app that works as well as androids???
    Thanks for taking the time to do this. You've saved everyone a ton of time searching.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    6 more apps to bring the total to 112. Version updates will come monday morning.
    Title says it all...if u send it there u can download apps right from PreLoad...u dont have to copy and paste anything...even though i think fileCoaster is awesome but preLoad is sick too
    blocked is at 0.8.5 now
    This awesome!
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Cheezburger is now v0.5.6. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    2 new apps - PreFlight & Brightness Unlinked. Bunch of version updates from the weekend, most in the utility section.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quick suggestion... could you in the future note which apps have the source code available? As a Pre developer, that's something I'm very interested in, but there's no easy way (unless I'm missing something) to tell quickly and I think that would be a big help.

Thanks, Frank
    All these apps and STILL no RSS reader. Wow.

Don't get me wrong, lots of these are great apps, but why not make some of the really requested apps?

- RSS reader

- Thethering without rooting

- Custom browser icons

- Non-stock browsers (Opera mini, Firefox mini) obviously a challenge, but worth the effort.

- Browser mods to allow downloading and saving locally.

- a Samba network browser and downloader.

- mp3 player mods to play back mp3, real, and wma streams.

That's just a few really worthwhile things I could think of. Obviously none of them are easy, and some might not be possible given copyright issues. But aren't they more worthwhile endeavors than yet another lame game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishounen View Post

Don't get me wrong, lots of these are great apps, but why not make some of the really requested apps?

- RSS reader

- Custom browser icons

- Non-stock browsers (Opera mini, Firefox mini) obviously a challenge, but worth the effort.

That's just a few really worthwhile things I could think of. Obviously none of them are easy, and some might not be possible given copyright issues. But aren't they more worthwhile endeavors than yet another lame game?
    lol man...u gotta give these developers time
    thanks so much for this list! its so much easier to look on here for itt!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Seems to me one should not look a gift horse in the mouth. If you want these apps, write them yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishounen View Post

- RSS reader

- Custom browser icons

Quote Originally Posted by shmoo27 View Post
    Seems to me one should not look a gift horse in the mouth. If you want these apps, write them yourself!
    Seriously!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shmoo27 View Post
    Yes, because we ALL KNOW that ANY constructive criticism is automatically "looking a gift horse in the mouth".

Some of us who are not programmers (and thus are unable to "do it ourselves") still have viable and worthwhile ideas to perhaps stimulate the creative juices of programmers. I'm just putting my ideas out there.

Also, you creative types sometimes need a kick in your aspirations to actually get something done that people besides yourselves would find useful. Games and flashlights are nice, but not really "useful" in the same way that say, an RSS reader or browser mod is.

Again, NOT unappreciative, just trying to help refocus. Let's face it, Palm seems to be dragging their feet on the good stuff. Let's not wait for them.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast