Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by j_mee_5 View Post
    after i did the upgrade i wasn't able to install the apps any more did you guys get that to ??

any one ????
    Quote Originally Posted by j_mee_5 View Post
    any one ????
    How are you trying to install the apps? After the update, the email link method no longer works. I use the fileCoaster app and it works just fine.

lmk.
    Thanks...
    I have been waiting for something like this ever since I got my pre. Thanks so much and I look forward to other apps. Question? How can I learn to make my own apps and post them?
    Thank you so much, this is much easier than reading all of the posts each day to try and keep up with the releases
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    UPDATE:

developed a nice workbook in excel that makes this game a little easier. All versions are up to date and new apps posted as of this morning.

I also have a favor to ask you guys in return for my work on the list. My fiancee and I recently got engaged. Everyone thought the actual proposal (which centered around bacon of course) was a good enough story that I should share it with the internet. So I sent it in to the best bacon site I could find (bacontoday.com) and they posted it! She is really excited about the prospect of being an internet bacon celebrity. So if you guys could help me get the post up on digg's front page I would really appreciate it! Plus, you guys kind of owe her too. She bought me the Pre for an engagement gift. Without that there would be not list...

Digg post

for those of you new to digg, all your have to do is register and then click Digg it! We get enough diggs and it will make the front page.
    Last edited by chuccck; 07/28/2009 at 09:14 AM.
    dugg!

Quote Originally Posted by chuccck View Post
    UPDATE:

developed a nice workbook in excel that makes this game a little easier. All versions are up to date and new apps posted as of this morning.

I also have a favor to ask you guys in return for my work on the list. My fiancee and I recently got engaged. Everyone thought the actual proposal (which centered around bacon of course) was a good enough story that I should share it with the internet. So I sent it in to the best bacon site I could find (bacontoday.com) and they posted it! She is really excited about the prospect of being an internet bacon celebrity. So if you guys could help me get the post up on digg's front page I would really appreciate it! Plus, you guys kind of owe her too. She bought me the Pre for an engagement gift. Without that there would be not list...

Digg post

for those of you new to digg, all your have to do is register and then click Digg it! We get enough diggs and it will make the front page.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    awesome
    nice job.. this make my job of looking so much easier!!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Not sure if this has been asked before, but what about posting this list on the wiki and asking the homebrewers to update the versions themselves?
    Lets start a rating system for these apps. A star rating or a 1-10 scale. (not trying to say ANY homebrew app is better than any other homebrew app)
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    New idea:

If you can get those copy/paste boxes with the .ipk in here for each application. That would make this page insanely useful. Since with the filecoaster app you can just visit this one thread and download all the apps you'd want.

EDIT: Dugg
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    If you can get those copy/paste boxes with the .ipk in here for each application. That would make this page insanely useful. Since with the filecoaster app you can just visit this one thread and download all the apps you'd want.
    While it may make it easier for installation purposes, this list hasn't exactly had the best of luck with keeping up to date. And that would be adding one more thing the maintainer would need to keep track of.

Also, the information contained in the first post of the app threads is not just for show. It may contain important information for using the app, and should be read by anyone who considers downloading it. Disconnecting the download from this information is not in the best interest of the users.
    yeah can someone make an app, that will allow us to copy and past pictures from websites and put them into emails or just save them.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Think it is time to update this list.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Just completed my morning update. Couple of new apps and a few version updates. I also posted a suggestion of how to quickly check your software version on the pre. Go to Device Info --> More Info --> Software and it will show the versions of all your downloaded applications.

And to those of you who dugg the story thanks! BUt we can do better than 9 diggs on there. Come on Precentral!

Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    While it may make it easier for installation purposes, this list hasn't exactly had the best of luck with keeping up to date. And that would be adding one more thing the maintainer would need to keep track of.

Also, the information contained in the first post of the app threads is not just for show. It may contain important information for using the app, and should be read by anyone who considers downloading it. Disconnecting the download from this information is not in the best interest of the users.
    Look Oil, you have made two posts on here and they have both been negative. I appreciate your work on making the your apps (xboxlive is the still one of the best) but take it easy man. Its a lot of work keeping this list up to date and I just yesterday figured out the most efficient way to do so. You'll note yesterday it was update and this morning it was as well. Plus I have been in constant contact with Dieter and he has explained to me what Precentral is working on and its going to be awesome and make this list obsolete. This is just an interim solution and I am doing my best man. Try to show some appreciation.
    Last edited by chuccck; 07/29/2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: spelling
    I didn't intend for my posts to come off as negative. Factual and informative was more what I was going for. So I'm sorry you saw them that way, and I'm sorry if I offended you.
    My rating of the Homebrew Apps I have tried:
    - Reversi = 5 - I would rate it higher, but I win too much! Harder opponent would be nice
    - DOT game - 7 - Pretty good time-killer
    - BADD Bible - 5 - Would like a different translation and larger print
    - Yatz! - 3 - Like the game, but hard to control with touch and I don't like the colors!
    - Blocked - 7 - Fun, easy, nice interface, get me some more Hard levels!
    - Pimp My Sounds - 7 - versatile
    - Carpenter's Level - 7 - for creativity and use of built-in tools; now how do I lay my Pre Level?!?
    - My Tether - no rating yet; haven't been able to get it running properly.
    - Solitaire - 8 - Is there a way to get a running total of points game by game?
    - Business Calculator - 5 - Would have rated higher, but the colors make it hard to read!
    - WebOS Quick Install - 10 - Absolutely a GREAT program!

My apologies if I have offended any developers here; I appreciate your efforts! Let's get a lot of Homebrew Apps out there, folks!
    Last edited by Fisack23; 07/29/2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Added reviews
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Good job man, this list is looking better then the App Store one.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Morning update highlights, a few new version updates (be sure to check out upgrades to Fireworks Fun) and a few new apps to speak of. Thanks for all the diggs, keep it up! I wonder how many we will need to make the front page?

BONUS: Discovered a new way to list the version of your apps. Pull up the launche then go to Launcher Menu in the upper left hand corner and tap List Apps.

@oil - I am not offended and I appreciate the feedback. But you never showed any appreciation before you gave the constructive criticism so it just comes of as kinda jerky. I mean, you didn't put throw your thanks in the first post!
    Last edited by chuccck; 07/30/2009 at 08:52 AM.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast