Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 113
  1. #41  
    Wouldn't mind to post my apps here, but how?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  2. #42  
    Hey I haven't had pre-ware been able to work in days - if not weeks.

    I have tried to re-install etc. I am running the latest version. It just sits there trying to load - but nothing happens. How do I fix this ?
  3. #43  
    Anyone else not able to load the apps? It says it found 265 applications then "Loading apps..." then nothing. When I paste a .ipk link in the File URL Download instead of using the Homebrew List it says "Install Error". Is there a known issue with newest version of WebOS?
  4. #44  
    I have installed FileCoaster and used it successfully to install a number of homebrew apps.

    Now, though, it won't display the apps--the "loading" animation is all I get for several minutes.

    I have tried bother over the air and using WiFi, with the same result.

    I have updated the OS to 1.3.1.

    Thanks for any help.

    Joe Parsons
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    Hey I haven't had pre-ware been able to work in days - if not weeks.

    I have tried to re-install etc. I am running the latest version. It just sits there trying to load - but nothing happens. How do I fix this ?
    http://install.preware.org

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #46  
    I keep getting "install error" message. I have enough space for more apps so am not sure what the heck is going on. Can anyone help?
    Thanx.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandle1 View Post
    Anyone else not able to load the apps? It says it found 265 applications then "Loading apps..." then nothing. When I paste a .ipk link in the File URL Download instead of using the Homebrew List it says "Install Error". Is there a known issue with newest version of WebOS?
    can anyone answer this at all? i too am getting an error message and gives me the option to see the ipkg log.

    is this a mistake i have made with the installation of something?

    or it it just a clash with the new palm operating system?

    thanks you
  8. #48  
    If you are having problems, consider starting over and exactly folowing these directions:

    To Install from Your Computer
    Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install

    To Install from Your Phone
    Preware Guide to download directly to your Pre or Pixi without using a USB cable.

    Please post for help or questions in the forums:

    WebOS Quick Install

    Preware

    - Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 11/26/2009 at 11:27 AM.
  9. #49  
    hmmm i have been thru them all a few times, only prob im gettin is when using a command prompt to check novacom, when i type in the line sc query novacomd i get the response 'sc is not recognized as an internal or external command....' and i cannot get this bit to work...the java site says my java is up to date (which i believe is 1.6) but the java -version command says my java version is "1.5.0_06"

    any tips as i cant find any on the threads you mentioned (albeit they are massive threads)

    edit - palm novacom is showing as running if i look in the services.msc tool
    Last edited by andywoodstick; 11/26/2009 at 11:36 AM.
  10. Chr0n0s_90's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #50  
    This might be a redundant question. I just have to be sure before I start messing with my Pre. Can you jailbreak ANY version of WebOS? I have whatever the latest is. I always like updating the OS and apps. I want to know if I should expect any problems doing this on new versions or any problems updating AFTER I 'hack' the phone. Thanks.

    (Btw, if anyone has any tips on how to stop the slider from wobbling left -> right, I'd love it. The dang thing is brand new and it's already loosening. I wish I would have waited a few more days and gotten the Pixi.)
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr0n0s_90 View Post
    This might be a redundant question. I just have to be sure before I start messing with my Pre. Can you jailbreak ANY version of WebOS? I have whatever the latest is. I always like updating the OS and apps. I want to know if I should expect any problems doing this on new versions or any problems updating AFTER I 'hack' the phone. Thanks.

    (Btw, if anyone has any tips on how to stop the slider from wobbling left -> right, I'd love it. The dang thing is brand new and it's already loosening. I wish I would have waited a few more days and gotten the Pixi.)
    There is no such thing as "jailbreaking" a Pre. There is no "jail" to break out of. Palm provides tools and instructions for accessing the linux command line on the Pre on their web site. There is no "hacking" involved.

    See http://install.preware.org for how to install homebrew.

    Remove themes, patches and tweaks before OS upgrades. Everything else (including Preware) can stay loaded.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. Chr0n0s_90's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #52  
    I understand there's no REAL hacking involved. I used it for lack of a better word. Maybe unlocking, but I like the word "hack". Something few users might know about and can do. Just a little tweak. Thanks for the link. I think that answers my question.
  13. #53  
    I had been leary of messing with my Pre since i got it in June, but i took the plunge last night and installed the Remix music player. so far so good!! keep the apps coming!!!! Thanks. Bob.
  14. #54  
    Can anyone help me as to how to remove the app from Homebrew Apps list.

    Thank you,
    ajchomefinder
    Last edited by ajchomefinder; 12/04/2009 at 01:10 AM.
  15. ldpalm's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #55  
    I have been using FileCoaster for months with no problem. About a week ago, when you click on "HomeBrew App" it just hangs up and will not show apps. It will say "300 apps found" and than just hang.

    Now I have reset phone, I have cleared the cache, the cookies and the history. I have uninstalled FileCoaster and installed again, but I have had no luck. Any other ideas?
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldpalm View Post
    I have been using FileCoaster for months with no problem. About a week ago, when you click on "HomeBrew App" it just hangs up and will not show apps. It will say "300 apps found" and than just hang.

    Now I have reset phone, I have cleared the cache, the cookies and the history. I have uninstalled FileCoaster and installed again, but I have had no luck. Any other ideas?
    http://install.preware.org/

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. #57  
    I have downloaded the .jar file to install webOS and either the Homebrew or PreWare suites, and although I have the current version of java in Firefox I cannot get it to open/install the .jar file. Any ideas out there from Linux users as to the best way (and best directory location) to get this up and running in Linux?

    If this has been answered in another thread, or if it shoud be in it's own, I apologize, but I have looked and not found a solution.

    (Running Sabayon, a Gentoo-based distro)

    Thank you all.
  18. #58  
    i requested dev status over a week ago, but no admin replied at all. I want to share some apps here, so would any admin please mind?
  19. #59  
    2. Only a developer may create a new thread - one thread per app please. If you're interested in getting permission to create threads/ post apps, simply contact us on our form and select "Developer Access" - http://www.precentral.net/contact. Be sure to include your username in your message . Please don't send in a request unless you have an app to post, though! You don't need to ask for Dev Access to get the apps here, "Dev access" is simply to allow people to create new threads and post apps.
    How long does this usually take? I sent in one of these requests three days ago. I'm starting to wonder if it went through.


    EDIT: Oh, hi phelan. I guess we're in the same boat but you're days ahead.

    Cool cool.
  20. #60  
    well not this cool actually :/
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions