webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > ***!!READ THIS FIRST!!*** Welcome to the Homebrew Apps Section!
***!!READ THIS FIRST!!*** Welcome to the Homebrew Apps Section!

Old 08/18/2009, 08:01 AM   #21 (permalink)

I am going to have to exchange my Pre today...the volume control stopped working. Does anyone know if palm backup will also backup homebrew apps or if I will have to re-install them all?
jcole01272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/18/2009, 09:33 AM   #22 (permalink)

Is there a request forum? Would definitely like an app like pocket toolman that wil let us customize a lot more than we have access to currently
danno1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by fiera4973, GranPaSmurf
Old 08/19/2009, 11:03 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcole01272 View Post
I am going to have to exchange my Pre today...the volume control stopped working. Does anyone know if palm backup will also backup homebrew apps or if I will have to re-install them all?
FYI for whoever wants to know, Palm backup does not back up any of the Homebrew apps, only the "official" apps from the app catalog.
jcole01272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2009, 12:04 AM   #24 (permalink)

I really love my new apps but it doesnt tell you how to uninstall. Do i have to root my Pre to uninstall? Also, how does one acquire the privilege to start their own thread or even look at all of the information? I see it says i have to have ten posts, but hey, call me stupid... i just don't get it. Could someone please explain what I cannot seem to understand. I would love it...thanks!
Holley2583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2009, 12:40 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
I really love my new apps but it doesnt tell you how to uninstall. Do i have to root my Pre to uninstall? Also, how does one acquire the privilege to start their own thread or even look at all of the information? I see it says i have to have ten posts, but hey, call me stupid... i just don't get it. Could someone please explain what I cannot seem to understand. I would love it...thanks!
You can uninstall ANY installed app by holding the orange button and clicking on the icon of the program in the launcher. An option will come up to delete.

Hopefully someone can answer your other question.
lawilson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2009, 02:35 AM   #26 (permalink)

Is there a thread can we post ideas for new apps in?
krt72012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: fiera4973
Old 08/29/2009, 12:13 AM   #27 (permalink)

thank you
eddictive#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2009, 12:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

I have not done a manual root into my pre, but I installed the WEBos Quick install and loaded some apps with that, but none of the Preware apps, such as the keyboard. Before I install the next webos update, what do I have to remove if I have not manually rooted in to install but have used the WEbos Quick install, for such as as Mynotifications, internalZ and file manager services.

thanks
futyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/2009, 03:28 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
Yes. You are limited to the number of apps you can have at any one time. There is no fix, and no one cares enough to create a fix.
Que? No one so far cares? Am I the only one with a moticum of caring as to how much I can use my pre for, or that I have to trade off how much with rotating selection? ***, what kind of app design twits are there in Palm. Please if they do not change this at Palm, can someone here do something about. Thanks
Nsmnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/2009, 07:41 AM   #30 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsmnyc View Post
Que? No one so far cares? Am I the only one with a moticum of caring as to how much I can use my pre for, or that I have to trade off how much with rotating selection? ***, what kind of app design twits are there in Palm. Please if they do not change this at Palm, can someone here do something about. Thanks
Unfortunately, the limit on the number of applications seems to be buried deep inside the proprietary Palm LunaSysMgr binary file, so it is not easily patchable like the rest of the webOS code.

If I could actually get my hands on a Pre in Australia (see Rod needs a Pre for details on how you can help out with that), I might care enough to look more deeply into the binary and see if it can be modified in any way to remove this limit ...

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/2009, 08:45 PM   #31 (permalink)

When I go to install the app even though my pre is connect it says "No Device Detected"???
Jalton82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2009, 07:46 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krt72012 View Post
Is there a thread can we post ideas for new apps in?
I have the same question.

If any developer is reading this, here's my suggestion: An app that uses your location and tells you where to buy gas. sort by nearest or cheapest. Info like you would get on a website like Mississippi Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Mississippi (there's a site like that for every state). Even better if the app had a "drive to" button that would bring up the sprint navigation app and take you there.
tweetdriver63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2009, 08:58 PM   #33 (permalink)

I tried holding down the orange button, but perhaps it doesn't work on the built-in apps?

tx in advance
bmoore8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2009, 10:27 AM   #34 (permalink)

Does anybody know why the tethering is not working the pre? Or is it just mine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, but I am unable to detect it as a hot spot.
bcornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2009, 01:51 PM   #35 (permalink)

I've seen several people ask, but I haven't seen anyone answer...

Is there a thread for posting suggestions?

That said, I'd like to post in that thread that I would like to see an app which remaps the center button to perform the same function as "back swiping". This seems like it would be a simple thing to do, and I've found others who wish the same, but thus far, I have not found any information about whether such an app has been developed or is being considered for development.
je255j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2009, 02:12 AM   #36 (permalink)

Is it just me or can anyone else not post a new thread topic?
DrewPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2009, 10:28 AM   #37 (permalink)

I can also not post a new topic thread. I had assumed it was because I was too new (although to define someone with 30+ posts as still being new - not to mention an account almost two years old - does seem more than just a little extreme, but nevertheless, that's what I used to think). Now that I see someone with 156 posts and even 19 thanks also has the same problem, well, clearly it has nothing to do with user status. So, yeah, now I'm thinking something is probably broken, or at the very least, wrong.
je255j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2009, 12:50 PM   #38 (permalink)

I have lost the ability to access my favorite stations in Shoutcast. I get a message thats says there is no Internet connection. However, I am able to access Recent Stations and listen that way. Does anybody have any thoughts?
Kissfan1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2009, 12:45 AM   #39 (permalink)

Still no answer...is there a request forum (that I can not find) for apps? There is a theme request...where is the app request?

I would like some drug dosages apps for Paramedic purposes. I can give the programmer the equations...i just need the app made.
FireFighterChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2009, 06:47 PM   #40 (permalink)

so my homebrew apps worked great until today. first thing i noticed is that preware and file coaster disappeared. i reinstalled them and tried to reinstall the keyboard and notifyier but i got error messages saying the patches already exist. when i go to usb mode and check the pre, the keyboard folder is not there so i can't uninstall and reinstall. help! i've restarted my pre a dozen times
laheydiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0