View Poll Results: Should I continue developing Pong?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yes!

123 71.10%
  • I would like to see other apps more, but I would still like to see further improvments.

38 21.97%
  • Please don't!

12 6.94%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    sweet, i love to see new tech do old tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    Is anybody noticing the theme with all of my apps?

PrePong is a very simple (and very beta) classic Pong application...
    Kesne,

Would you include a screencapture in your OP?

- Craig
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    I will include screencaps when I post the newest version (which will be soon)
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    It would be great if we could control movement from the gesture area. Also 2 player games using multitouch would be fun.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    I'm looking to see if mojo supports the multitouch, if it does I will add it for sure. As for the gesture area, it does not support that
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Thanks. Its a nice start, anyway. Hopefully they give developers more control over the gesture area in the future.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    How do I take that file and make it an app? I tried emailing to my phone and it doesn't support the file to open. Any suggestions?
    Definitely needs sound, some mono-frequency beeps. I don't know how to fix it, but I found gameplay very frustrating since I couldn't see very well. I also find the click to continue annoying. Perhaps if you make the paddles a bit bigger or something. Would be really cool to use the accelerometer to move the paddles, but I doubt that's possible with the current SDK (though I could swear Palm was going to provide access to the hardware via mojo apis).
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Can someone please post screenshots?
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    How do I take that file and make it an app? I tried emailing to my phone and it doesn't support the file to open. Any suggestions?
    Look at the the topic that discusses how to load apps on your pre after 1.0.4:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-1-0-4-a.html
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    anyone have a pic of it?
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Well, the new version should be up in a few hours, so I'll post the new screenshots when I post the new version.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    New Version posted which includes many major updates. Screencaps were also posted.

Enjoy
    PONG!! thanks!!
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    No Problem
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Very nice!
    I love it! This IS the Pre "killer app" right now.
    love this new update
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone! I'm still working on updates so if anybody has idea's, just let me know.
    Cool game.

Noticed a couple things though. The first time I played an advanced game it had the tab in the upper-left corner of the screen (if you were looking at it in portrait) I forgot to hit pause, but I hit that tab and preferences came up. Tried tapping it but it wouldn't do anything. It was white so I expected it to do something. When I played my seconds advanced game, it wasn't there.

Then a little later after I had played the classic, I went back to advanced. The app froze up for about 15 seconds. It resumed, but play was very choppy. Not sure if it was the app only or if it was my phone or some combination of the two.

Very nice work though!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast