Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    Haha, yeah it happens, it is being fixed, and will be released in the next version tomarrow
    I can't wait until tomorrow! I've never been a big fan of checkers on my phone (played a few on my old Mogul), but this app is so clean looking and easy to play, I end up always opening it up!

I read a post in this thread about rules...is it really true that if a jump is available you MUST take it? If so, is that going to be in the next release?
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubbx View Post
    I can't wait until tomorrow! I've never been a big fan of checkers on my phone (played a few on my old Mogul), but this app is so clean looking and easy to play, I end up always opening it up!

I read a post in this thread about rules...is it really true that if a jump is available you MUST take it? If so, is that going to be in the next release?
    That rule was removed. Nobody really liked it, so It HAS been removed.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    I just posted the 1.5.0 changelog, but the actual 1.5.0 game won't be seen until Saturday or Sunday.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Great game! Maybe there should be a confirmation box when you press the New Game button at the bottom. My fat fingers tend to end my games prematurely.
    How do you get the game on the pre
    Updated thread title to new name and to remove version and date. That is now maintained in the Homebrew Apps Gallery.

Added link in Opening Post for Homebrew Gallery:

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: Checkers

- Craig
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    The only thing I want changed.

The onlyyyyy thing.

Is to get rid of the "New Game" and add it to an option drop down menu and enlarge the board and pieces ever so slightly. And the way I see it, the bigger the board is, the bigger target I have to hit with my fingers.

Otherwise this is great, I'd be completely baffled if I ever attempted to make a solitaire app.
    I think it would be cool to have the "force a jump" rule to be a selectable option (whose selection is saved for future sessions). Personally I like this rule...it changes the strategy of the games.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I think it would be cool to have the "force a jump" rule to be a selectable option (whose selection is saved for future sessions). Personally I like this rule...it changes the strategy of the games.
    This rule is removed in 1.5.0, but will be added in later and have an on/off setting.
    This rule is removed in 1.5.0, but will be added in later and have an on/off setting.
    Sounds good...thanks!
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Sounds good...thanks!
    Yep! And 1.5.0 is currently in heavy beta testing. Should be released SOON!
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    New version posted.
    New version posted.
    Just tried it out, and it's awesome. Great work kesne!!
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jblacken View Post
    Just tried it out, and it's awesome. Great work kesne!!
    Thanks, new themes are on the way and Online Play is in the works
    This is my favorite app. I am about to download the new version. Thanks for the update!

*edit* I just played a game and I absolutely love the updated version. Thanks again.
    Last edited by DefinedByClass13; 08/10/2009 at 04:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinedByClass13 View Post
    This is my favorite app. I am about to download the new version. Thanks for the update!

*edit* I just played a game and I absolutely love the updated version. Thanks again.
    Much thanks!
    Dude, this is a really awesome checkers app now. i love everything about it. It was good before you you greatly improved. Thanks so much.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Dude, this is a really awesome checkers app now. i love everything about it. It was good before you you greatly improved. Thanks so much.
    Well thank you for your kind comments! I'd love some suggestions on what I could improve!
    Just one little suggestion. When you have a notification, that can cover part of the new game button. Maybe you could move the new game button to the app menu in the top left?

And also, still wish I could play the game without holding my Pre upside down.

Oh and also you might want to remind people to delete the old version before installing the new since they have slightly different app IDs.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Just one little suggestion. When you have a notification, that can cover part of the new game button. Maybe you could move the new game button to the app menu in the top left?

And also, still wish I could play the game without holding my Pre upside down.

Oh and also you might want to remind people to delete the old version before installing the new since they have slightly different app IDs.
    Okay, thanks for the suggestions, I'll work on it.

And they are actually almost like two different apps. One is checkers, one is precheckers. I still have PreCheckers, I like it. :P

Also: I left room for notifications, only banner notifications take up space.