Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    in 2 player mode:
    I read about the yellow square, but i see a white square and then it freezes, no moves can be made..
    it seems to happen right after a jump after the next move or something..

besides that bug, very good job so far !!

keep up the good work

This is a great app. Thanks! My only suggestion would be to have the computer play from the top so its more like a real game of checkers. Other than that great work.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    in 2 player mode:
    I read about the yellow square, but i see a white square and then it freezes, no moves can be made..
    it seems to happen right after a jump after the next move or something..

besides that bug, very good job so far !!

keep up the good work

Hmm, a white square?

I resolved the yellow square, but could you post screencaps?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    im liking this game a lot, I noticed after the game is over it just sort of sits there. I think it would be cool if it annouces victory and then prompts for a new game. Also if I hit the new game button the pieces don't move. I'm forced to restart the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    Hmm, a white square?

I resolved the yellow square, but could you post screencaps?
    Ya here is the pic, It is the ghost piece, it happend right after black jumped from that now white square over a red chip to the diagonal spot it is in now.

The white square does not show, till i taped that square, because i could not tap any another checker chip, so i could not move, and i was tapping randomly on board and it appeared in that spot where the black chip was before the jump

(note: this is in 2 player mode)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    Ya here is the pic, It is the ghost piece, it happend right after black jumped from that now white square over a red chip to the diagonal spot it is in now.

The white square does not show, till i taped that square, because i could not tap any another checker chip, so i could not move, and i was tapping randomly on board and it appeared in that spot where the black chip was before the jump

(note: this is in 2 player mode)
    Hmm, two player seems to be having lots of bugs. I'll look into to that. I havent been able to replicate any yet, but that may just be because I'm using a newer version.
    If a situation occurs so that a player has no available moves, does the game just stop or did I totally overlook a piece to jump?

For me, it looked like the CPU was stuck because no piece could be advanced on it's turn and I had 1 king and didn't notice anywhere I could jump.

Have fun recreating this if there is no quick answer.
    Oh oh oh, for a name, how about "Chē" or "PrPrPr&#$275$;$ckers$&$quot$;
    Is the name still up for grabs?

Did anyone suggest "King Me?"
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    If a situation occurs so that a player has no available moves, does the game just stop or did I totally overlook a piece to jump?

For me, it looked like the CPU was stuck because no piece could be advanced on it's turn and I had 1 king and didn't notice anywhere I could jump.

Have fun recreating this if there is no quick answer.
    Proof. Computer just froze up, not making a move.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    When you win a game there is currently no notification, sorry!

Notifications are being worked on.

Current list of Todo for next release:
    Settings
    Move by move confirmation (Are you sure you want to move? Yes, no.)
    Game winning notifications
    Improved Graphics
    When you win a game there is currently no notification, sorry!

Notifications are being worked on.

Current list of Todo for next release:
    Settings
    Move by move confirmation (Are you sure you want to move? Yes, no.)
    Game winning notifications
    Improved Graphics
    Move by move confirmation? please make that a setting, not a feature. personally, i would hate that. but glad to see notifications are coming . keep up the work
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mononoko View Post
    Move by move confirmation? please make that a setting, not a feature. personally, i would hate that. but glad to see notifications are coming . keep up the work
    It will be a feature, no worries. I know some people really want it, but some would hate it.
    It will be a feature, no worries. I know some people really want it, but some would hate it.
    haha feature was the one that i didnt want. I think you meant setting.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mononoko View Post
    haha feature was the one that i didnt want. I think you meant setting.
    Ahh, my bad, yes, it will be a SETTING, haha.
    Don't mean to digress... but some vocabulary is getting muddy. I think features and settings aren't being communicated correctly.

A good app will likely contain both features and settings.

A feature is basically a desirable function of an app, not an unchangeable default operation mode.

A setting is when, an option is left to the user as to how a feature is implemented.

In my opinion, features should come with settings.

e.g. For checkers app a feature is "move conformation" and its setting is "On" or "OFF."
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Don't mean to digress... but some vocabulary is getting muddy. I think features and settings aren't being communicated correctly.

A good app will likely contain both features and settings.

A feature is basically a desirable function of an app, not an unchangeable default operation mode.

A setting is when, an option is left to the user as to how a feature is implemented.

In my opinion, features should come with settings.

e.g. For checkers app a feature is "move conformation" and its setting is "On" or "OFF."
    Haha, yes that is true. In all fairness though, I think everyone knew what we meant.
    Haha, yes that is true. In all fairness though, I think everyone knew what we meant.
    I could tell you guys knew, but I've seen this and similar issues in other posts and on other boards. Just trying to keep things clean from time to time.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    I could tell you guys knew, but I've seen this and similar issues in other posts and on other boards. Just trying to keep things clean from time to time.
    Okay, thanks! I'll be sure to use proper terms now.
    instead of confirmation, how about an undo?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast