Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    I'm not sure. Try other apps to see if your doing it wrong.
    Nope. I have just about every other piece of homebrew on my Pre and all work just fine. I've tried redownloading, restarting phone, restarting computer, nothing seems to work. Oh well, i'll try again later. Thanks anyways!
    This is a great app. It took a while to figure out how to play but got it down.

Bugs: Sometimes a block will stay yellow even if there are no checkers on it and i click elsewhere. Also after a checker is queened, a checker (that doesnt exist) is left in that place. If you try to move it, nothing happens because that checker isnt a real one.

Another bug I found was that after I destroyed the other team's checkers nothing happened. Maybe a "congrats" or "good job" and a try again or new game button would be nice.
    Cool. When I saw there was a Pre Chess app I wondered about a checker one, and here it is
    Checkers, Pong, Chess, Dots, Chess, Solitaire, Breakout, Craps, Tetris, Stopwatch, real weather radar, Poker, Dilbert, and Farts!

The Pre is now officially a real SmartPhone!

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/21/2009 at 05:01 PM.
    KES loving the apps captain, fantastic work so far... keep'em coming.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    First of all, thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by tidusmccoy1515 View Post
    This is a great app. It took a while to figure out how to play but got it down.

Bugs: Sometimes a block will stay yellow even if there are no checkers on it and i click elsewhere. Also after a checker is queened, a checker (that doesnt exist) is left in that place. If you try to move it, nothing happens because that checker isnt a real one.

Another bug I found was that after I destroyed the other team's checkers nothing happened. Maybe a "congrats" or "good job" and a try again or new game button would be nice.
    The game does know when you win or loose, the status at the bottom states it, but I'm working on making it a little easier to tell.

As for the bugs, the script is sound and those bugs seem to be appearing from nowhere. I have had that happen to me a few times, based on my testing, I think that playing a little slower will lessen the number of bugs.

Let me know,
    Jordan Gensler
    Totally awesome!
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Thanls!

Version 1.5 of this will be put up in two weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    Thanls!

Version 1.5 of this will be put up in two weeks.
    You have us spoiled with the hourly updates!

- Craig
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Haha. I'll post frequent minor updates to it, but the big update is coming in two weeks.
    Very nice app. One of the best games out there. One thing: hard to move pieces. Thanks anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMRbrnSNRbrd View Post
    Man I'm new to Precentral and am a bit overwhelmed! I'm worried I will be up all night loading all of the homebrews...can't wait to play checkers!
    No need to stay up all night. Save them all to a directory and do a:

palm-install -d usb *.ipk

Puts them all on.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by borsend View Post
    Very nice app. One of the best games out there. One thing: hard to move pieces. Thanks anyway.
    I'm working on impoving all of those annoying bugs, hopefully sometime this week I'll post a few updates.
    LOLZ a fun way to waste a half hour ....or 10 minutes xD
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Haha thanks. Work on Two Player is underway.

EDIT FOR A PREVIOUS POST: The next big update will be in... 5 days! Development moving well.
    I've noticed a bug where occasionally "phantom" pieces will be left on the board that can't be moved and aren't really there. Other than that, great app, looking forward to future developments!
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chaospet View Post
    I've noticed a bug where occasionally "phantom" pieces will be left on the board that can't be moved and aren't really there. Other than that, great app, looking forward to future developments!
    Yeah, that seems to be happening occationally. I'm working on isolating the problem, which is harder then I thought that it would be.
    It might just be me! ha. But I have had a lot of trouble beating that darn computer. Anyway to put a less intelligent computer in there so I can win?
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    A small update coming in a day or two will add some difficulty settings.

A larger update coming in about four days will add two player functionality, updated one player, improved graphics, and small bug fixes.
    ... Is it just me? Am I the only one who is driven insane by the fact that my pieces are on the opposite side of the board from me when holding my phone right side up?
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast