Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    good game but some issues... Didn't read through the thread so just bear with me i'm on my pre here. The side you are playing against should be ACROSS FROM YOU doesn't make sense to be facing the pieces you control. 2 I have NEVER met somebody who plays checkers without the force jump rule, and frankly I can't play without it... I think it's a rule to the checkers game. For all the lazy people you should add in an option to disable it. But that's tedious and not really CHECKERS to my knowledge.

Drag to move would also be cool but I think many developers are trying to figure that out right now.

Overall, good app. It's clean and well made. Just implement the jump rule and I would be estatic though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    New version posted, many updates!
    Just downloaded again. No achievements. Not in the gallery yet?
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    good game but some issues... Didn't read through the thread so just bear with me i'm on my pre here. The side you are playing against should be ACROSS FROM YOU doesn't make sense to be facing the pieces you control. 2 I have NEVER met somebody who plays checkers without the force jump rule, and frankly I can't play without it... I think it's a rule to the checkers game. For all the lazy people you should add in an option to disable it. But that's tedious and not really CHECKERS to my knowledge.

Drag to move would also be cool but I think many developers are trying to figure that out right now.

Overall, good app. It's clean and well made. Just implement the jump rule and I would be estatic though.
    Okay, that will be included in the next version for sure. For now you can just set the computer on aggressive and it should take the jump more.

As for the update, it's up now
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Just posted a small update, 1.5.8. It includes a new Palm theme and a few bug fixes.
    The version I had prior to this latest one didn't have haptic feedback. Its inclusion is completely AWESOME. It makes the app feel very polished.

I did, however, notice that some game pieces were staying "stuck" on the board after they've already been jumped. They still display but are not movable.

Other than that this app has grown very well. Rated the latest version 5 stars.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willxcore View Post
    The version I had prior to this latest one didn't have haptic feedback. Its inclusion is completely AWESOME. It makes the app feel very polished.

I did, however, notice that some game pieces were staying "stuck" on the board after they've already been jumped. They still display but are not movable.

Other than that this app has grown very well. Rated the latest version 5 stars.
    That's odd, the ghost pieces haven't been reported for quite a while. I'll look into it
    I finally got to try this app. Very nice and polished! I would like to see the moves animated though. It's sometimes hard to see what move the opponent made. I also agree that the forced jump rule should be in effect.

Finally: is the thing where you get double checkers when you reach the other side implemented? The one that can make long jumps. Excuse me for not knowing the proper english terminology
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    I finally got to try this app. Very nice and polished! I would like to see the moves animated though. It's sometimes hard to see what move the opponent made. I also agree that the forced jump rule should be in effect.

Finally: is the thing where you get double checkers when you reach the other side implemented? The one that can make long jumps. Excuse me for not knowing the proper english terminology
    Thanks, I'll add that in the next version

And the Kinging is in effect.
    what does the cheating option do?

i have the latest, but have 2 issues.

i cant double jump, the program says i can, but when i tap the box the peice doesnt move.

also, the king piece doesnt do anything special. isnt it supposed to jump as far as needed?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Just installed 1.5.8, no matter if I choose classic or original theme, the classic theme is displayed.
    am i the only one having the issues i reported?
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    am i the only one having the issues i reported?
    Kings are only supposed to be able to move in both directions.

Also: double jump issues have been reported, are being looked into.

The theme issue is also being fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    Kings are only supposed to be able to move in both directions.

Also: double jump issues have been reported, are being looked into.

The theme issue is also being fixed
    thanks, at least im not alone.

you mean horizontally and diagonally?

by the way double jump doesn work when you want to go back up, but works when you go down.
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    thanks, at least im not alone.

you mean horizontally and diagonally?

by the way double jump doesn work when you want to go back up, but works when you go down.
    Kings can move four ways, but only diagonally. And I'm not sure what you mean, screen shots would be helpful.
    Just installed 1.6 from the gallery, it shows 1.5 on the intro page. Just an FYI.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I couldn't get 1.6 to download from filecoaster homebrew list, I had to use the filecoaster url section to get it. Is this ipk a very large file?
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I couldn't get 1.6 to download from filecoaster homebrew list, I had to use the filecoaster url section to get it. Is this ipk a very large file?
    The IPK is large, 2.08 MBs. I'm working on making it smaller.

I just posted 1.6.2.
    I don't know what versions of Checkers you guys play, but I have always played with the "king" being able to move in any (diagonally) direction. I've never heard of it being the equivalent of a Chess Bishop.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    ill try to get a screen cap in the 1.6.2 version if it still happens, but basically:

you cant make a V shape double jump. ie you cant go back up. you can make either a > or < double jump, as long as you keep going down.

again, the software says you can make it, but doesnt actually let you.
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    ill try to get a screen cap in the 1.6.2 version if it still happens, but basically:

you cant make a V shape double jump. ie you cant go back up. you can make either a > or < double jump, as long as you keep going down.

again, the software says you can make it, but doesnt actually let you.
    Send it over.