Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Habla has been updated to version 3.1.

Go to the Homebrew gallery to get the update.

September 2, 2009: Habla! updated to version 3.1

Changes:

- Word of the Day had a bug. Bug was fixed so that the Word of the Day displays correctly.

- The "word not found" error message pop-up had a bug. Bug was fixed.

- Added date to the Word of the Day header.

- Added ability to see previous Words of the Day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by taalibeen; 09/02/2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: application updated
    Sweet very useful for me thank you.
    Wow!

Congrats! Good job on using Ajax and getting it all looking VERY smooth!

It looks GREAT! I feel bad I'm not in Spanish class anymore... I would definitely use this every day.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    How do you download this app? I sent it to my email but when I click on the link to downloand nothing happens. Its says that after the lick "de-highlights" to switch to the launcher but I dont see any new app! Does it store it somewhere else?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Awesome job!!! Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dleon3406 View Post
    How do you download this app? I sent it to my email but when I click on the link to downloand nothing happens. Its says that after the lick "de-highlights" to switch to the launcher but I dont see any new app! Does it store it somewhere else?
    If you have SDK, then use the palm-install command.

If not, I don't thinnk you can use the e-mail method if you are on 1.0.4.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Blasted the one app I could use and I cant install it! Oh well, guess I will have to wait till I can install something new on my Pre.
    Thanks anyway, Im sure its a great program!!!
    Wow, Realmente impresionante!! Good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by dleon3406 View Post
    Blasted the one app I could use and I cant install it! Oh well, guess I will have to wait till I can install something new on my Pre.
    Thanks anyway, Im sure its a great program!!!
    Hey there... why so sad?? You CAN install this program... I take no credit for this wiki, but, the method found in this link: Tutorials webOS Installing An Ipk - WebOS Internals will get you up and running. Works great. Just follow the steps it gives you, and off you are installing apps into your Pre!!

Hope this helps you and others out there who may not know about this method!
    Will give this app a shot, lots of spanish speaking people around here...
    Did that help you guys?
    muchas gracias
    I apologize if this is outrageous, but being a soldier and post combat OEF, could not help but notice a similarity:
    Taliban??? Taalibeen....
    Again sorry. But thats what stuck me first.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Awesome update! I can't wait to get home and install it! In my part of town, some billboards are in spanish. It's nice to know what they are saying!

I didn't have any problems with the previous app, but this update seems like it's going to be much more user friendly!
    Thank you for fixing the text formatting.

As long as the Pre fonts do not work right, we have to have solutions like yours. Someday soon the Pre may be able to use different font sizes and so many problems will be resolved.

- Craig
    Great job! May I offer a bit of feedback? You are probably already working on these things.

1. As an alternative to the use of the "OK" button, it would be nice if I could optionally hit the RETURN/ENTER key to initiate the lookup. This way I would not need to move my hand from keyboard to screen.

2. It would be nice if the "OK" button would provide a visual indication of being "pushed" (e.g. reverse video, or darker color, etc.)

3. It would be nice if there was a visual indication that the lookup was being performed. One idea might be to have the "OK" button change to "Working" while waiting for the response. However, this may not look good if the response is very fast. Not sure. Or, the "OK" button could remain in the "pushed" visual state until the reply was received.

4. Of course, additional languages would be too sweet.

Again, great job!
    Now all we need is "Parler!"
    Nice app, loving it so far.
    muchas gracias
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    I apologize if this is outrageous, but being a soldier and post combat OEF, could not help but notice a similarity:
    Taliban??? Taalibeen....
    Again sorry. But thats what stuck me first.
    I'm also an ex-soldier, US Army, started off as what used to be 97E (interpretor/interrogator) for Arabic, reclassified to what was 74B (information systems analyst).

Taalibeen is an extraction from the title of a book I read called Minhaaj ut-Taalibeen (path of the seekers of knowledge).

Don't get hung up on words or names. I've been using taalibeen as a nickname since the Taliban were considered "good guys" fighting against Soviet occupation of Afghanistan.

Now that that's been settled, use Habla! and rewrite your concerns in Spanish!

LOL.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast