Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    For those interested, I had a problem displaying a graphic when the app launches.

Some helpful people in the dev section explained my problem, and it has been fixed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    whoa! what an improvement. this now kicks ****. thanks!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    1. As an alternative to the use of the "OK" button, it would be nice if I could optionally hit the RETURN/ENTER key to initiate the lookup. This way I would not need to move my hand from keyboard to screen.
    Yes, I am looking into that one.

2. It would be nice if the "OK" button would provide a visual indication of being "pushed" (e.g. reverse video, or darker color, etc.)
    Hadn't thought about that, but its a good suggestion.

3. It would be nice if there was a visual indication that the lookup was being performed. One idea might be to have the "OK" button change to "Working" while waiting for the response. However, this may not look good if the response is very fast. Not sure. Or, the "OK" button could remain in the "pushed" visual state until the reply was received.
    I had thought about that, using the spinner widget being that I just learned how to use it.

4. Of course, additional languages would be too sweet.
    Started looking into that too, problem is finding online dictionaries that are parsing friendly and consistent in how results are displayed.

Was looking into French, and didn't find one that I thought was suitable.

Had tried wordreference.com, which has excellent dictionaries, but the result format seems to be too dependent on which languages you're doing.

Funny thing is that when viewed through the browser, formatting seems similar, but when you look at the code - no so consistent.

Again, great job!
    I see on one of your thumbnails you have an app called "Torpedos Away" Looks like it might be a game. Where did you get it from?
  5.    #25  
    Yes, Torpedos Away is a javascript game that I used WinHTTrack to strip from the net, then created the necessary webOS files for it to be acknowledged as a Pre app.

It works, you pilot your sub around the screen shooting missles at these little red things (underwater comets?), and collecting treasure bubbles.

I did it just to see if I could.

In some other thread somewhere in the first week the Pre was out, I posted about it in the forum.

I don't remember if I attached the .ipk, or if I just explained how to do it.
    cool app man, works like a charm.. thanks
  7. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    please post the ipk. please please please. I'd really like to play Torpedos Away.
  8.    #28  
    The site that powers Habla! changed their entire format, so I just updated Habla! so that it parses the page correctly.

I've just added it to the Homebrew gallery, the updated version.

So if anyone out there has been using this app, get the update pronto!!
    wheres the new ipk?
    Last edited by TheHonkey; 08/08/2009 at 03:21 PM.
  10.    #30  
    I just marked it for Moderator Review in the gallery, so as soon as Dieter gets to it, it'll be available.

Also, its at v3.0 now.

I added an About diaglog and a WORD OF THE DAY feature that displays a new word each day along with examples of how the word is used.
  11.    #31  
    Habla! Now appears in the Homebrew Gallery - get the updated 3.0 version now. The old version doesn't work anymore because the site that powers the dictionary changed their format.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Awesome job! I can't wait to install it! Thx.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I was very impressed. Wonderful application.

Can you include a nice verb congugator? This will give Ultralingua a run for the money.

Well done!

CE
    The word of the day isn't working. Is it just me?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Nice simple app. Thanks. One note: I did notice if it does not know a word it goes to a web site that has nothing on it that will help. why is that?
  16.    #36  
    September 2, 2009: Habla! updated to version 3.1

Changes:

- Word of the Day had a bug. Bug was fixed so that the Word of the Day displays correctly.

- The "word not found" error message pop-up had a bug. Bug was fixed.

- Added date to the Word of the Day header.

- Added ability to see previous Words of the Day.
    Thank you for the update!

- Craig
  18.    #38  
    1. Fixed bug that made words like "jale" and "werewolf" launch the browser instead of displaying in the application.

2. Updated the version to 0.3.1 to fit Palm's standard versioning convention for betas.
    thanks a bunch
    I downloaded the app, but when I launch it, all I get is a screen that says "This text verifies your application is running." What's the fix?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast