Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    A light meter would be nice. I wonder if it could be very accurate?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    works great, I used to have this, and exposure calc on my PPC. I was hoping someone would recreate this for WebOS, so thank you!
    What a neat app!
    Thread name updated to reflect new version:
    Depth of Field (DoF) Calculator, [v1.0.0 was v0.9.02](7/24)

- Craig
  5. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    This app is great, but could you add an exposure calculator like these:

BoBShotS Photography - Exposure Calculator Using Light, Film, Aperture and Shutter Speed

or

http://squit.co.uk/photo/files/Expos...ulatorMini.pdf

thanks for a great application
    I hope you'll be able to get this to where you don't need to root the Pre to install it, as I'd love to have this app. I'm a computer person, but I'm babying my Pre and don't want to root it.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    I hope you'll be able to get this to where you don't need to root the Pre to install it, as I'd love to have this app. I'm a computer person, but I'm babying my Pre and don't want to root it.
    Rooting is not required for this app. You can install it using the palm-install.bat from the Palm Pre SDK, or the fileCoaster app.
    Thanks, I'll check out how to do that!
    I'd like to recommend the option to set the units smaller for macro photography. How about centimeters, and millimeters? The former is helpful for most macro, the latter for those using lenses like the Canon MP-E 65.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neurobat View Post
    I'd like to recommend the option to set the units smaller for macro photography. How about centimeters, and millimeters? The former is helpful for most macro, the latter for those using lenses like the Canon MP-E 65.
    I'll try to do that for the next version, but I'm kind of busy for the next few weeks.
    Hi! I use a EOS 400D which option do i have to choose for sensor?

Thank you, great App!!!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amiroo View Post
    Hi! I use a EOS 400D which option do i have to choose for sensor?

Thank you, great App!!!
    The 400D uses a 1.6x sensor. All Canon DSLRs except the 1D, 1Ds and 5D series use 1.6x
    The 1Ds and 5D use full frame
    The 1D (non s) uses 1.3x
    Nikon DX sensors are 1.5x
    Nikon FX sensors are full frame
    Thank you soooo much! What a quick answer :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by oaponte View Post
    This will go handy with my D300!!

Thanks for the great App. I did download this to my Pre but I don't think you will be needing it for the D300. The advance settings built in with the Nikon D300 will allow you to make changes especially with action shots. That's what makes the D300 and the D90 great cameras. Each has it's own unique features depending on what type of photography you are in to. The active lighting modes are great as well. So I use my D300 on outdoor action shots when I work at the downhill course in Winter Olympic events which can handle faster shutter speeds but the D90 is much better in scenery shots. Both are good cameras but overall both have better metering system which allow better exposure.
    A BAD DAY SKIING AND ROCK CLIMBING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I'm not sure I understand your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by shou5 View Post
    I did download this to my Pre but I don't think you will be needing it for the D300....Both are good cameras but overall both have better metering system which allow better exposure.
    You wouldn't use a DOF calculator in place of a camera's exposure metering system. DOF calculators can help you choose an aperture based on your desired depth of field. If you were using Aperture priority mode (Av mode) the camera would still be picking your shutter speed to get the correct exposure based on the amount of light entering the meter.
    yes this app helps with any accurate apeture, Shou5 obviously doesn't understand it.

Light meter would be cool:
    I use other camera bodies for light meter when I use my:
    Viewmaster Stereo Camera
    Revere Stereo Camera

Other Canons cameras:
    20D, 30D, 40D, 5Dmk2
    XH-A1, HV30, HF100
    Neat application...now all I need is a sunrise/sunset application.
    Last edited by cash70; 10/21/2009 at 06:58 AM.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neurobat View Post
    DOF Calculator v1.0.1 is now in the homebrew repository and supports focal distance units of ft, in, m, cm, and mm. It also converts the entered distance from the old unit to the new unit when you change units.
    Is this app going to make it into the App Catalog?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    Is this app going to make it into the App Catalog?
    It is in the queue to be reviewed by Palm.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast