Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    as far as the S&D from MTA, I really hope that isn't the case, afterall this is a useful to everyone, including the MTA as it requires MTA employees to spend less time directing people and more time doing (ah, never mind).
  2. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Subway map for NY is a very important app, this is a good start but a higher resolution (and an ability to zoom in more) would be awesome.

Maybe add all the MTA Bus maps (for every borough) and LIRR / NJ Transit / Metro North maps
    hahaha... That is a funny idea.
    It is working well so far. It is quick and simple and doesnt need a network connection to do anything. All essential parts of a subway app.

A few suggestions:

A higher quality image would allow more zooming, that would be great. I know it is hard to find one though.

An overlay that shows the stations and lines in reference to the surface streets and avenues would also be useful.

Separate tabs for MTA bus, LIRR, Metro North maps would be nice for some, but it isnt something I would use personally.

The option to use vintage or alternate projections of the NYC subway map instead of the current Michael Hertz design would be very useful to me.

The Kick Map is a modern redesign: KICKMap.com

The Vignelli map is a vintage design: vignelli subway map - Google Images

Likewise the Hagstrom map: Hagstrom subways map - Google Images

New York City Subway Map by Michael Calcagno
    Wow, awesome idea!
    I don't use subways, but if I ever do, I'll get this lol
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
    please make one for the DC area metrorail
    It'd be great if you or someone else could take your app and add all the diff transportaition route maps to it. The the user can just choose whichever one they're currently using. Though one proble might be sheer size of that many maps.
    I could use something like this for the Chicago Train and bus maps. mind sharing making one for me or care in pointing me in the right direction of doing it myself??
    Would it be easy/possible to add additional subway maps? or another app for other metro maps? I live and travel between NY, Minneapolis, and Washington DC weekly and it would be great to have all of those!
    Awesome!

Just got my Pre and would love to have a subway map handy at all times.
    Cool app!

I'm not affiliated with them at all, but I really wanna see the homebrew community grow, so....

PLEASE post your app on the new homebrew app store. It'is called PreLoad, and is run by the folks at Pimp My Pre and is also available in this forum (search PreLoad).

I think it's a great (and easy) way to install homebrew stuff

P.S. Would also love to see a higher res version for those of us with so-so vision Be able to zoom in further!
    Hey... I like the higher resolution! Thanks dude!
    Nice and simple app. Gets the job done for when you need to look up a subway map of NYC. I am doing the same as you and trying to figure out how to write my own apps from looking at all the examples.

Keep up the learning.
    I see you've updated it with the detailed version of the subway map. Thanks!
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    I see you've updated it with the detailed version of the subway map. Thanks!
    Yes, waiting for a moderator to change the title that way users are aware of the new update.
    Last edited by thatdude; 08/03/2009 at 01:09 PM.
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manding0 View Post
    I could use something like this for the Chicago Train and bus maps. mind sharing making one for me or care in pointing me in the right direction of doing it myself??
    that would be great to have.
    Awesome update of the picture. Even more useful.
    What about a chicago map? But, this is great actually. It only makes sense to have everything we need in the Palm...of our hand. (No pun intended)
    nice update!
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtyiran83 View Post
    What about a chicago map? But, this is great actually. It only makes sense to have everything we need in the Palm...of our hand. (No pun intended)
    That's on my todo list. Multiple city train maps, no bus maps at the moment.
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast