Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    I had indeed failed to see the comment as sarcastic, but it didn't gel to me given your earlier ones either, I guess it bothered my because I wasn't understanding your sarcasm. Thanks for clarifying.
    I appreciate you bringing it up that way it clarify to anyone who felt bothered, thanks.
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Needs to be higher res. Good basic app, like you said there will probably be more comprehensive apps in the future.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I can definatly find use for this, as I live in the Bronx.. But I kind know almost the whole subway system.. A bus one would be great!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Looks cool.
    Is this app just an image of the map? Couldn't you just download the PDF of the map on to your Pre? Any plans on doing some sort of direction searching a-la hopstop.com?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Wow, thanks from a fellow new york city dweller
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Is this app just an image of the map? Couldn't you just download the PDF of the map on to your Pre? Any plans on doing some sort of direction searching a-la hopstop.com?
    i would LOVE a hopstop app
    how about a washington d.c. one, pretty please with a palm pre on top!!!!!
    Awesome! The Palm Photo app can't display GIF, and JPEG looks fuzzy when zoomed in (fine on a desktop), so it's been frustrating looking at the NYC subway map on the Pre for me.

Request: Can you use the "detailed" version of the subway map?
    http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/subwaymap.pdf
    They have PDF versions which you can load on the pre, and the text is even searchable but its a bit much for it to handle. It doesn't let you zoom in all the way or view it in landscape mode. Otherwise a PDF would be better. Oh well.
    Really cool alternative to HopStop.com - Subway Directions and Bus Directions for New York City (NYC)...

(I think hopstop has an app for iPhone... maybe one for the Pre is on the way?)
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    Definitely a nice app. I go to NYC quite a bit (I'm 3hrs north in Albany) and will definitely find use for this.

The two ideas above regarding GPS to the nearest station and a 'route' which will tell me which line to use would be AWESOME though.

Regardless, I'm downloading this bad boy. Thank you!
    Cool.. at last I found someone from Albany, NY on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    I appreciate you bringing it up that way it clarify to anyone who felt bothered, thanks.
    I wasn't bothered by it. I just didn't get it. Still, thanx for the clarification.
  14. smx
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I would recommend u draw ur own map. MTA will hit you with a S&D letter if you don't. I know alot of pple who had that done to them on the iphone.
    cool app
    thanks love it!
    awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    FWIW, one of my "must-have" Palm apps is the free Metro program:

MetrO

They claim that it runs under Classic on the Pre. They also offer a web page version, but it doesn't appear to have the scrolling pick lists of stations that make it useful like the Classic version. Hopefully they are porting it to the Pre, because it's a first-class app.....

i asked them if they will port to the webos, this is the reply i got:

What Palm delivers at the moment does not allow to develop any calculation intensive software...
    they suggested i use classic

In the meantim, you should try "Classic" from MotionApps (MetrO is certified for that).
    so it can run in an emulator but not natively?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    This is great! I wish I had this when I lived in the city.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    thanks, I was hoping this was more like the Metro app for PPC, but this is definitely useful.Thanks again!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast