Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Not crazy about the background. It's too close in hue to the red dots. It also doesn't make sense: dots and woodgrain. A standard Pre fade would work better.

Suggestion, maybe indicating which dots a dot can move to with shading. Also limiting which dots a dot can move to by pure line of sight? As in, not up and around the corner, down and back again. Perhaps for a harder level option.
    I have been testing out different backgrounds to see which would go better. however, as for the line of sight, its not just straight left/right or straight up/down. It can move all over all long as it can move along a path of gray available spots. Think of it as a Rook in chess with infinite moves. A rook can move up/down or left/right only. When you move these pieces, it can follow that same logic, but move 2 gray spaces to the left, 3 up, and 5 right, as long as there is nothing blocking it and no diagonal moves.

I hope that helps clear it up!
    I just noticed another problem. When the board is almost full, you can sometimes make a last-ditch move that succeeds in producing a line of at least 5 dots, but the app does not remove those dots and just says that the game is over. Frustrating!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    yeah, I noticed that bug as well. This is a nice little game though. I kinda find it addicting. I am kinda curious as to what the high scores are on this game. The best I have been able to do so far is 704.
  4.    #24  
    you beat me. my highest score is 698 :P

ps
    yeah i noticed that bug too. Hopefully I can get that fixed up sooner than later. Might be a bit busy this week though.... its definitely annoying.
    Last edited by tont0r; 07/29/2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: added PS
    Here are mine so far:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    alright, drgrace, looks like you beat me out. I will have a new target now. I was kinda curious to see if anyone had hit the 1,000 mark.

"ps
    yeah i noticed that bug too. Hopefully I can get that fixed up sooner than later. Might be a bit busy this week though.... its definitely annoying. "

cool, thanks.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    My best so far is 1122!
    2nd place is 824.
    Latest Update seems to be having some issues with the touchscreen...I keep having to tap 3-4 times most of the time to make a move.
    I thought it ight be a problem with my pre, but other Apps are working fine.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ratswallow View Post
    My best so far is 1122!
    2nd place is 824.
    Latest Update seems to be having some issues with the touchscreen...I keep having to tap 3-4 times most of the time to make a move.
    I thought it ight be a problem with my pre, but other Apps are working fine.
    hmm... this i havent seen come up. i do play it almost every day (makes games you enjoy i suppose hehe) but i havent run into this issue, nor have i updated anything that would affect it. they are just simple mojo buttons. are you having problems selecting which piece to move? perhaps you are trying to make invalid moves?

Let me know!
    I like this a lot. No luck hitting 1000 so can't confirm that bug!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I've had no issues with the touch screen either
    THAN YOU!! This gave me something to do while I was waiting for my flight at the airport.
    A BAD DAY SKIING AND ROCK CLIMBING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
    Everybody needs to be aware that the newest version of the game on the Precentral Homebrew repository is quite different. Much harder, it seems. There's an additional dot color, which of course increases the odds that your line will be blocked. That's offset somewhat by a new feature: when you build a line of 5, no new dots are added until the next play.

I'm not sure I like this variation of the game, so I reverted to the older version. It would be great if we had an option of which version to play and can keep the scores separate.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12