Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Exch-Calc is now on the Application Catalog.

This is a currency exchange calculator that will convert currencies between (currently) 46 different currencies. It will perform this calculation for any to any. These calculations are based upon the London Forex rates. The calculations provide not just the 'true' rate, but commonly available reduced rates such as the 3% that most ATM/Credit Cards provide.

Release log:
    0.5 - Initial beta release
    0.5.1 - Added Russian Ruble, Ukrainian Hryvnia & Philippean Peso's. Updated rates as well.
    *** N O T E ***
    If you have Palm WebOS update 1.1.0 installed (and you probably have had it forced on you by now) you must use 0.5.2 (or above)
    0.5.2 - Rate update. Fixed problem with HTML codes being displayed after Palm 1.1 update. Fixed problem with Results display page button not functioning (another Palm 1.1 update).
    0.5.3 - Rate update (8/12/09). Increased accuracy of Phillippian Peso and Ukranian Hyrvina. Released to homebrew page.
    0.6.0 - Now rates are uploaded from the internet. Also included: Input field now Pre-styled, sorted currency list, input error of multiple decimal points possible now fixed.
    0.6.2 - Swap button added. Help panels expanded. Notification of dynamic update provided. Seems like a couple other fixes, but minor ones.

1.0.0 - Now available in the application catalog with (currently) 149 currencies.

**** N O T E ****
    I've just submitted Exch-Calc to the new homebrew page, so please download from there for the latest version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ken M; 11/20/2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: 1.0.0 is now available in Application catalog
    nice will check this out
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    thanks for the app. the number of homebrews on the pre is exploding. sorta.

i do have a question,
    how in your code do you get that pop up dialog? I tried with mine but could not get it. do you have an second html file that describes it contents? I would love to see you code if possible.

thanks in advance
    Does this update via the web? Or will you be releasing new versions?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    thanks for the app. the number of homebrews on the pre is exploding. sorta.

i do have a question,
    how in your code do you get that pop up dialog? I tried with mine but could not get it. do you have an second html file that describes it contents? I would love to see you code if possible.

thanks in advance
    If you are referring to the conversion result popup, it is a showAlertDialog widget.

this.controller.showAlertDialog({
    onChoose: {},
    title: $L("Conversion Results"),
    choices:[{label:$L("OK"), value:"maybe refresh", type:'dismiss'}]
    });

resultsText is a string variable containing the text of the result.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    Does this update via the web? Or will you be releasing new versions?
    This version does not update rates via the web. A future version will provide both automatic and on-demand updates via the web. In the interim, I'm considering releasing versions that will have updated tables.
    Update feature would be sick.

None the less, awesome app.
    Great app! Thanks so much for this, I am finding it useful already.

What is the appropriate bribe to get eastern European and Russian currencies added?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson1900 View Post
    Great app! Thanks so much for this, I am finding it useful already.

What is the appropriate bribe to get eastern European and Russian currencies added?
    The Russian Ruble, no problem. I won't even require a bribe. Wait - what am I saying - this could be the first sale of a homebrew app! $50.

OK. I'll do it for free. The ruble accidentally got left off. Other eastern european countries are more problematic. Any specific ones you're interested in?
    Ukraine. Not sure if it uses the Euro or not lol. I'm going there to visit family in 2 weeks though.
    I'll add a vote for Ukraine! Because of the amazingly beautiful women there. And $50 - no problem from a former DFW'er! Just tell me where to send!
    Beautiful women indeed. We have ugly ones too. But yeah, many are very nice . Great success yes! (Borat)

Thanks Ken.
  13.    #13  
    I've looked around & the Ukraine has its own currency - Habv....sumthin. Anyway, unlike the ruble, it's not in my primary data source. But for two votes already, I'll add it when I do Russia.
    Oh they still use the Hryvnia then. It's said griv-nya.

For some reason I thought I heard my dad say they joined the European Union and therefore would use the Euro. Maybe I misheard and they were just trying to join.

Thanks. I appreciate it .
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Awesome App. Thanks!!!!
    No Philippine Peso? C'mon now, fella. Consider this a request. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    love the update and the app thanks~!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    FEATURE REQUEST

* - Have a button to swap the currently selected currencies.
    * - Typing Searches the Currencies list, just like global search.
    * - Button to Update exchange rate.
    * - The "Amount to Convert" field, should auto default to numbers. So you do not have to press the Orange button. PalmOS was capable of this but not shure the WebOS does it.

Good job on the app.
    Last edited by Sky Nazi; 07/23/2009 at 08:51 AM.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Nazi View Post
    FEATURE REQUEST

* - Have a button to swap the currently selected currencies.
    * - Typing Searches the Currencies list, just like global search.
    * - Button to Update exchange rate.
    * - The "Amount to Convert" field, should auto default to numbers. So you do not have to press the Orange button. PalmOS was capable of this but not shure the WebOS does it.

Good job on the app.
    * - I've already got on my to-do list the swap currencies button.
    * - I think I've already mentioned that a future update will provide automatic rate update and a manual method as well.
    * - I hadn't thought of the search feature. I'll have to consider that.
    * - The auto default to numbers is on my list, but I just realized, it will be quite easy to accept either numbers or letters which I'll convert to digits for you. No need to select. Right now there is a bug in that you can put two decimal points into the number. When I fix that, I'll do the auto numbers as well.

And we have a new release with Russian Rubles and Philippean Pesos (about to upload).
    Great program!
    version 0.5.1. After converting currency and getting results, when I hit the ok button to go to original page it hangs. (does not go back to apps home page).
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast